Randy Orton is my least favorite long-time WWE superstar. Admitting my personal distaste for the Orton style — “dreadfully boring” is a style, right? — likely colors the following statement:
I wish anything other than Orton vs. Jeff Hardy was getting the Hell in a Cell treatment on Sunday.
I get it, Hardy has always wanted a HiaC match — even if he’s well past his prime — and it’s become an Orton staple.
And, in all honesty, they’re doing the only thing that ever makes Orton interesting by having him seem like pure evil in his willingness to destroy someone.
But wouldn’t it be more interesting to see Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles in the cell, something they’ve never done in 165 times they’ve shared the ring across so many promotions. And with things deeply personal and on the heels of a disqualification in a championship match?
How about Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair in the cell? A friendship torn apart providing a chance for the second ever women’s HiaC match?
Maybe Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse? I mean, it would be a mess, but I really don’t care about Orton vs. Hardy sharing the cell.
At least the swanton off the cell will look cool.
- Here’s your pair of recap and reaction posts: First, NXT. Then, go read about the Mae Young Classic.
- We also have your Impact Wrestling preview locked and loaded.
- Joe Koff says the WWE/ROH relationship is the same as ever, even after the MSG sellout.
- Barlow/Flair marriage ... Flairiage?
- Kurt Angle gave everyone a bit of a scare ... unless they remembered what was going on on WWE TV.
- Smackdown Live ratings took a bit of a dip this week.
- WWE put out another terrible list, written for the convenience of promoting an upcoming show.
We’re to Thursday — I’ve got a fever of 103.5 currently. Let’s just survive to the weekend.