The next pay-per-view (PPV) on the WWE schedule is the SummerSlam show set to take place on Sun., Aug. 19, 2018, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. This will mark the fourth time in as many years the company will hold this event in the area.
We’re just a couple weeks from showtime and the card looks like this:
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns (Universal championship)
Reigns beat Bobby Lashley in a number one contender match to earn this shot. They’ve continued telling the story that Lesnar doesn’t care about pro wrestling/WWE and Reigns is the guy who can take the title back and make it a permanent fixture on Monday Night Raw once more.
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe (WWE championship)
They didn’t do much to get here. Joe simply pulled off a sneak attack and signed a contract.
- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Ronda Rousey (Raw women’s championship)
Despite repeatedly breaking the rules of her suspension, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle awarded Rousey a title shot after Bliss cost Ronda her title match against Nia Jax.
- Carmella (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (SmackDown women’s championship)
Lynch needed to defeat the champion in a non-title bout to earn the title bout and she did just that. The next week, Charlotte returned and was given a similar opportunity. She, too, won her way into the match.
- Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Seth Rollins (Intercontinental championship)
Despite losing to Ziggler in an Iron Man match, which was itself a rematch, Rollins is getting yet another chance to win the Intercontinental title back.
- Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Jeff Hardy (U.S. championship)
Nakamura won the title at Extreme Rules. Hardy failed in his rematch on SmackDown days later when Randy Orton got involved. So far, Orton isn’t included in this match but that seems likely to change.
- The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. TBA (SmackDown tag team championship)
The New Day will take on The Bar on SmackDown Live this week to determine who will challenge Harper & Rowan for the titles.
- Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Drew Gulak (Cruiserweight championship)
Gulak won a Fatal 4-Way to become top contender on 205 Live. A week later, DRAKE MAVERICK announced his title shot would happen on this show.
- Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens
The stipulation here is that if Strowman loses, no matter how that may happen, he will lose the Money in the Bank contract.
Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin and The Revival vs. The B-Team for the Raw tag team titles are rumored for the show. There had been rumors of Undertaker vs. John Cena but more recent rumors suggest neither will be working the card.