This seems like it will change!
WWE has announced that Jeff Hardy will get yet another match with Shinsuke Nakamura for the United States championship at SummerSlam on Sun., Aug. 19, 2018, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Hardy lost the title at Extreme Rules in seconds after a low blow, then lost a rematch on SmackDown Live days later.
Blame Randy Orton for the second loss.
In fact, he’s been just as central in this story as Hardy and Nakamura, so don’t be surprised if he’s added to this match to make it a triple threat in the coming weeks.
Here’s the updated SummerSlam match card:
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns (Universal championship)
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe (WWE championship)
- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Ronda Rousey (Raw women’s championship)
- Carmella (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Seth Rollins (Intercontinental championship)
- Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Jeff Hardy (U.S. championship)
- The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. TBA (SmackDown tag team championship)
- Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Drew Gulak (Cruiserweight championship)
- Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens (Money in the Bank contract match)