As expected, last week’s show-closing brawl with Nikki Cross and NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler led to their being booked in an official match on June 16’s TakeOver: Chicago 2 in Allstate Arena.
After a show-opening brawl, of course...
And with that, we’re probably all set for next Saturday. Adam Cole and his North American Title aren’t on here, and neither are Pete Dunne and the United Kingdom Championship. But both have a vested interest in the battle for the Tag Team belts, and matches lined up for the UK Championship Tournament tapings two days later in London.
We also need the pre-show matches that’ll make up the episode which airs after TakeOver, but as for the portion which will air on WWE Network on the 16th, that should look like this:
- Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa in a Street Fight
- Aleister Black (c) vs. Lars Sullivan for the NXT Championship
- Nikki Cross vs. Shayna Baszler (c) for the Women’s Title
- Undisputed ERA (Roderick Strong and Kyle O’Reilly) (c) vs. Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan for the Tag Team Championship
- Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet