Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE 205 Live as it airs on WWE Network.
This week, DRAKE MAVERICK is giving three of his top contenders what they want - a chance to kick each other’s butts and stake a claim for a shot at Cedric Alexander’s Cruiserweight Title. After Buddy Murphy came up short against Alexander a few weeks back, he and Mustafa Ali were battling in a match with championship implications. Hideo Itami crashed that on his continuing quest for respect. Now we’ve got a Triple Threat.
We’ll also almost certainly have more on the war between Lucha House Party and The Brian Kendrick, Drew Gulak and Gentleman Jack Gallager (but maybe without Jack, since he could still be in London for the United Kingdom Championship Tournament tapings), TJP’s quest to get MAVERICK to elevate him or trade him, and hype videos from Lio Rush.
We'll post match results and plot developments here. And this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever goes down on the WWE’s cruiserweight showcase - while it’s being broadcast at 10PM Eastern!
Enjoy the show!
- Video package chronicling everyone’s journey to the Triple Threat main event starts us off.
- With Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness across the pond, Tom Phillips and Percy Watson are our announcers in Toledo tonight.
- Jack Gallagher is also still in the UK, so it’s just The Brian Kendrick walking Drew Gulak to the ring as we get a recap of Lucha House Party’s trios win last week. Kalisto and Gran Metalik are out with Lince Dorado (and Penelope Gulak the pinata, of course). LHP get a locker room promo with Penelope, who tells them to get out there and lucha!
Hello, Penelope. pic.twitter.com/goBTVMfUgY— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) June 20, 2018
- Drew Gulak def. Lince Dorado via submission with the Dragon Sleeper
Kendrick moved Gulak’s foot to the bottom rope to save him after Dorado hit Golden Rewind, then snapped him throat first across the bottom rope to set him up for Drew’s finish. Gulak’s now submitted all three members of LHP.
.@LuchadorLD shows off his amazing flexibility against @DrewGulak on #205Live! pic.twitter.com/ZCldHtRtJT— WWE (@WWE) June 20, 2018
- DRAKE MAVERICK is prepping Danilo Anfibio on how he wants the main called. Hideo Itami enters with a “hi”, and DM THE GM tells him if he has issues in the future, he needs to handle them professionally and come to him instead of running in on matches. Itami says there won’t be any problems in the future if MAVERICK shows him respect. DRAKE says respect is a two way street, and Hideo can earn it by beating two tough competitors tonight. A scene of Tony Nese hyping up Buddy Murphy in the locker room takes us to commercial.
.@WWEMaverick explains to @HideoItami that it's not HIM he has to worry about tonight...it's @WWE_Murphy and @MustafaAliWWE! #205Live pic.twitter.com/ORQA13qKU7— WWE (@WWE) June 20, 2018
- TJP is out with a mic, talking about the cruisergreat being wasted again. He tries to interview the local enhancement guy, who he calls “Palbert for Tostito, Ohio”. Palbert punches TJ for disrespecting him, so he grapevines the leg and Palbert taps. He holds on for a little while, shouts to the crowd and walks out.
.@MegaTJP's opponent had ENOUGH of the trash talk...#205Live pic.twitter.com/B2EtMlzJ0A— WWE (@WWE) June 20, 2018
- Lio Rush will debut next week, and we’ll also get Kendrick, Gallagher and Gulak vs. Lucha House Party in a tag team elimination match! Backstage, Cedric Alexander offers Mustafa Ali a hand as he gets ready to head out for our main event, which is next!
- Hideo Itami def. Buddy Murphy and Mustafa Ali via pinfall after a hesitation drop kick to Ali straight into a turnbuckle he’d exposed seconds earlier
Murphy and Ali both want a piece of Itami at the start. Buddy chases him to the floor, and gets caught by Mustafa’s dive to ruin that team-up. Murphy ends up getting kicked off the apron, then Itami works over Ali. Buddy comes back in so he and Hideo can trade strikes.
After turning Mustafa inside out with a lariat, Murphy is in control for a time as the pace slows. He tries to get sleepers on both his opponents, then Ali comes back and things pick up, including a rolling X-Factor on Buddy where The Juggernaught launches him over his head, so he finishes the move on Itami.
.@MustafaAliWWE getting a little extra elevation! pic.twitter.com/T8snS0mxhc— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) June 20, 2018
Things stay crazy for a while, highlights include a catch-spin-DDT on Itami from Murphy, Hideo drop kicking a moonsaulting Ali out of the air, and Mustafa hitting a 450 on both competitors. Buddy pulled Ali out when he went to cover Itami after that, then Murphy sought to punish Mustafa on the announce table, but Ali turned the tide and swept the leg, then hit him with a Spanish Fly off the desk onto the floor!
This is just UNREAL. @WWE_Murphy @MustafaAliWWE #205Live pic.twitter.com/V0uOHIumMf— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) June 20, 2018
That takes Buddy out of the picture. After Ali crawls back into the ring, Itami hits him with a drop kick, then gets to work setting up the finish.
Respect @HideoItami! pic.twitter.com/mW1hB9mRXC— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) June 20, 2018
- Ali looks dazed in the ring, Murphy is recovering but disappointed on the floor and Hideo does a little victory dance as the show ends.