It's that magical time of the year, when WWE travels to Europe and we get some information in advance which helps us decide if we want to spend three hours with Raw on a Monday night.
Team Red is in London's O2 Arena for the May 14 Raw. Thanks to the five hour time difference between the United Kingdom and the East coast of the U.S. of A., that means advance reports about what goes down on a show which is scheduled to feature Kevin Owens challenging for Seth Rollins’ Intercontinental Title, build for Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal and some more qualifying matches for next month’s men’s and women’s Money in the Bank ladder matches.
We'll still be watching along with our usual live blog, which will of course cover any segments not shown to the fans in attendance, but more importantly feature Rev. Claire Elizabeth’s unmatched play-by-play. You can join the fun at 8PM Eastern here.
Unwrap that present early:
- Mojo Rawley def. Chad Gable (Main Event)
- Roman Reigns is out first, reportedly to the usual negative reaction. He calls out Jinder Mahal, and it’s General Manager Kurt Angle who answers. Angle is putting Mahal in a Triple Threat Money in the Bank qualifier with Bobby Lashley and Elias tonight. Roman wants in on that, but the GM says no. Reigns accepts that but says he’s gonna do what he needs to do and heads backstage to find The Modern Day Maharajah. They brawl backstage and the fans cheer Jinder. When they return to the arena, Reigns lands a Superman Punch and officials pull them apart.
- Seth Rollins def. Kevin Owens via pinfall following a Curb Stomp to retain the Intercontinental Title, in a match which is predictably described as excellent
- Nia Jax and Ronda Rousey’s Money in the Bank title match is announced in the arena
- Bobby Roode def. Baron Corbin and No Way Jose via pinfall (Glorious DDT on Jose) for a spot in the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match
- In a backstage segment, KO demands a rematch with Rollins from Angle. (Some reports say Kurt shot him down)
- Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel are here, and they’re now known as “The B Team” (“B” seems to be short for “best”)
- The B Team def. Breezango via pinfall following a tandem neckbreaker to Fandango; British fans were into Dallas and Axel, chanted The A Team theme song thoughout the match; The B Team immediately calls for a Title shot after their first win. Have seen some folks saying Matt Hardy was in an earlier segment teasing Bo and Curtis for the Lake of Reincarnation, so that angle might not be done.
- Sasha Banks, Natalya and Ember Moon def. The Riott Squad via submission (Liv Morgan tapped to Natty’s Sharpshooter)
- Braun Strowman will team with Finn Bálor against Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre later
- The Deleters of Worlds def. The Revival via pinfall (Matt Hardy on Scott Dawson) in a match London reportedly wasn’t very interested in.
- Sami Zayn is out, and the crowd’s excited to see him. He calls attention to his resemblence to Prince Harry. He says Bobby Lashley gave him vertigo when he suplexed him on his first night back. They show part of Lashley’s interview from last week, and Zayn says he’s bringing Bobby’s sisters to Raw next week to expose him as a fraud.
- Alexa Bliss def. Bayley and Mickie James via pinfall (following a DDT on Bayley) for a spot in the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match
- Roman attacks Mahal backstage again, spearing him through a wall. Jinder is stretchered out and Angle says he’ll find someone to replace him in the main event.
- They announce a November return to the UK which will see and Raw and SmackDown tape in Manchester
- Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre def. Braun Strowman and Finn Bálor via pinfall (Ziggler on Bálor after Drew pushed him off the top rope and crotched him); seems Braun put through Drew through the GRR trophy during the match
- The “Sami exposes Lashley” segment is officially announced for next Monday; London does not seem to like Bobby
- Kevin Owens replaces Jinder in the main event
- Kevin Owens def. Elias and Bobby Lashley via pinfall (on Elias after a frog splash) for a spot in the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match
- Dark match is Reigns, Lashley and Rollins vs. Owens, Zayn and Elias. Faces win after Roman spears KO