There’s a ton of wrestling content nowadays and unless you’re a hardcore pro-graps fan, you have to decide what to watch when and what to consider leaving out. That’s where we come in to help.
Every week, we are going to run down the big in-ring happenings for the easily accessible US wrestling. This won’t cover your indie needs, but ReverendClaire always has you covered in her weekly Sermon on the Mat for that.
Bear in mind, matches could be added after this posts that would definitely change how worth a show is to watch.
WrestleMania 34 (WWE Network)
Here it is, everyone. Here’s WWE’s biggest show of the year. And it is loaded.
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal championship
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE championship
- Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Asuka for the SmackDown Women’s championship
- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax for the Raw Women’s championship
- John Cena does something with the Undertaker maybe
- Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon
- Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens
- Miz (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor for the Intercontinental championship
- Randy Orton (c) vs. Rusev vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Bobby Roode for the United States Championship
- The Usos (c) vs. the New Day vs. the Bludgeon Brothers for the SmackDown tag team titles
- The Bar (c) vs. Braun Strowman and a partner of his choosing for the Raw tag team titles
- Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali for the Cruiserweight championship
- Women’s WrestleMania battle royal
- Andre the Giant Memorial battle royal
As you can see, it’s a long one, but it’s pretty stacked. Kickoff starts at 5 EST and the main show 7 EST. Get up and stretch at times for circulatory purposes.
Verdict: WrestleManias aren’t always “must watch” but this looks like one of their most loaded cards in a long time. Even the mediocre ones should be paid attention to but this one looks like one that’s certainly worth your time.
Raw (USA Network)
It’s the Raw after ‘Mania.
Nothing is going to be advertised. It’ll all depend on WrestleMania fallout. But you usually get a rowdy crowd, a pretty hot angle, and an NXT debut or two.
Verdict: For my money, these shows aren’t what they used to be. The crowd has gone from super-hyped to often annoying. They haven’t had any real hot angles the last couple years. It’s still definitely worth watching, but for my money, they’re not the best thing ever like they were once made out to be.
SmackDown Live (USA Network)
Now that SmackDown is its own brand and live, it’s treated like the Raw after ‘Mania.
Verdict: Treat this like the Raw the night prior.
205 Live (WWE Network)
I don’t think 205 Lives after Mania are really a thing. But could be good.
They delayed the Drew Gulak vs. Mark Andrews match to this week, so there is a match advertised.
Verdict: I honestly don’t know if this is going to be something where they do a bunch of cool stuff or almost treated as a bit of a cool down. I’m leaning towards former as the crowd will be much hotter for the show since it’s the WrestleMania hardcore crowd.
NXT (WWE Network)
If you want a break, look here for it.
The NXT after TakeOver consists of matches taped prior to the actual TakeOver event mixed with some fallout videos. The actual follow up from TakeOver will be the following week.
Verdict: The matches may very well be good. But if you’re looking for a breather after a week of wrestling, this would serve as a good one.
Impact Wrestling (Pop TV)
This week, Rosemary will battle Taya Valkyrie in the “Demon’s Dance.”
Also, Josh Mathews is challenging Petey Williams.
Verdict: Impact has overall been consistent. Rosemary and Taya should have a good one.
If I could only watch one thing this week, it’d be:
This is a bit of a no-brainer for me. It’s a loaded show. Yes, it’s super long and that is going to work to its detriment. But it still looks to be a good one.
Let us know what you’d choose below.
There’s a ton of other wrestling out there and we can’t cover it all on here. So if there’s something you’re particularly excited for this week, let your fellow wrestling fans know in the comments.
See ya next week!