Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It’s believed 3 - 4 titles will change hands at Greatest Royal Rumble.
- Sources tell PWStream WWE will make between $100 - 200 million just for putting on Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia.
- On the latest Dinner With The King podcast, Jim Cornette also said WWE is being paid “millions and millions and millions... just more money than you’ve ever seen” for the event. Jerry Lawler mentioned he believes the company’s women wrestlers are getting “a heck of a payoff” from Greatest Royal Rumble despite not being able to work the show.
- According to Ringside News, “The Show” will be Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre’s team name going forward on Raw.
- Ronda Rousey vs. Mickie James could be added to Backlash, says Wrestling Observer Radio.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!