Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- An “In memory of Bruno Sammartino” graphic silently opens the show
- Mr. and Mrs. Wrestling are out to open the show, and Full Sail is very excited to see them. After the “Welcome Back” chants die down, Johnny Gargano tells the fans that going into TakeOver: New Orleans he dreamt of this moment. It’s good to be home, and it’s good to no longer be defined by two word: “Tommaso” and “Ciampa”. After 37 of the most intense minutes he’s ever spent in a wrestling ring, he’s back where he belongs. Johnny Wrestling is back in NXT! The past few months have been the hardest of his career, but the fans chanting his name and shoving his sign in Ciampa’s face got him through, and he thanks us for having his back.
“And to my wife, Candice LeRae...” Gargano takes her hand and says it’s been tough on both of them, but without her he couldn’t have gotten through it... and he loves her so much. But with the mushy crap out of the way, the Wrestlings have one more piece of business to take care. Candice takes the mic to say she’ll be facing Zelina Vega tonight. Johnny says if Andrade “Cien” Almas tries to get involved, he’ll put him down like his name was Tommaso Ciampa. Gargano then says he wants to be the #1 contender to Aleister Black’s NXT Title, because he is Johnny Wrestling, and “WE... ARE... NXT!”
- Mauro Ranallo and Percy Watson hype that women’s match, and remind us about our No DQ fight, then tell us Ricochet will be next!
- First, Killian Dain is in a dark location somewhere ranting about Lars Sullivan taking away his opportunity in New Orleans. Tonight, with no SAnitY and no Nikki Cross, he’s gonna take everything from Lars.
- Ricochet def. Fabian Aichner via pinfall following a 630 senton
After a tie-up, Ricochet gets on top with a head scissors takedown and drop kick, but shows off a little bit and Aichner takes advantage. He powers his way through the next portion of the bout, but the Italian shows off a bit too much himself and allows Ricochet to pop over on a powerbomb set-up and get back in it. The comeback gets a nearfall after a European uppercut off the top and a standing SSP. Ricochet climbs, but Aichner catches him. The King wins the fight at the top, then we get the finish.
- Kayla Braxton catches up with Ricochet ringside. He tells her it feels great to be making his Full Sail debut. He’s watched a lot of wrestlers become stars here (he namedrops Bayley, Sami Zayn and Seth Rollins) and says it’s his turn now. He’s here to show the world there’s one, and only, Ricochet.
- We get a recap of War Raiders debut last week, and learn they’ll be on next.
- EC3 hype video. He brags about being 97% charisma with only 3% body fat. EC3 tells Mauro his name is the formula for success (so... not Ethan Carter III)
- Lars gets a stairwell promo. He’s gonna show Dain and the world he’s a real life freak of nature.
- War Raiders def. J.C. and Chris via pinfall following Fallout
After shedding their armor on the ramp, Rowe and Hanson lead the crowd in rocking out and pumping the devil horns.
Rowe starts and blast one of these guys with a drop kick. The other guy tries to chop Hanson and gets leveled with a lariat. Pop-Up Powerslam, other guy tries to run-in and gets got, then the end.
- Women’s champ Shayna Baszler is at the Performance Center. She’s late to a meeting, which she promptly takes over from Serena Deeb. First she rips Ember Moon’s name off a locker, then tells the roster there’s no one there to stop her now, so everyone needs to get in line or get run over. Dakota Kai gets up and walks out, but doesn’t confront Baszler, just says she’s going to get some water.
- Kona Reeves gets a hype video. He’s grown his hair out and is calling himself “The Finest”. He’ll be on in two weeks.
- They show the video WWE released online earlier today with an interviewer asking Pete Dunne his thoughts on Roderick Strong. The UK Champ stops walking away with his rolling suitcase to say he’ll be back in a few weeks and show us what he thinks of Roddy - he’s gonna rip his head off.
- Lars Sullivan def. Killian Dain via pinfall in a No Disqualificaton match after a Freak Accident onto two chairs
After some jawing, Dain blasts Sullivan with a head butt. Follow up strikes and a clothesline put Lars on the floor, and he drags Killian down to start the brawl there. Dain whips Lars into the stairs. He climbs back in and tries a dive, but gets caught (sort of) and driven into the ring post. Sullivan suplexes The Beast of Belfast, then throws him back in the ring. Lars clubs him with crossface forearms, then lifts Dain up for a German. Killian rolls out, so Sullivan climbs and hits most of crossbody. The SAnitY member’s nose is bloodied, but he manages to kick out after a flying headbutt, so The Leviathan Logophile goes and gets a bunch of chairs from under the ring, throwing them into the ring.
Sullivan chokes him with a chair, but Dain gets free and blasts him with a drop kick. They trade blows, and Killian puts him down, hits him with a senton and a Vader Bomb for a two count. That sends him to the plunder, and Dain slides a table in to the ring to the crowd’s delight. A few chair shots keep Sullivan down while Killian angles the table in the corner. Lars recovers though and puts the Irishman down. He sets a chair up on Dain, but a second flying headbutt gets nothing but chair. Killian tries a spear, but Sullivan catches him and puts him down for a one count. A follow-up spear puts Lars through the table! Dain clears the wreckage and lays in the boots, then sets up a chair for Van Terminator! Sullivan gets up and comes at him with a chair, which Killian punches into his face! Lars recovers and catches up with his opponent for the emphatic win.
- Video package on the Almas/Gargano program which emphasizes Candice and Zelina’s involvement to set-up our main event.
- Undisputed ERA’s championship photo shoot is aired. All four men are there, and Roddy is carrying one of the tag belts. The group will be here “live” next week. Adam Cole’s first North American Title defense will also be next week, against Oney Lorcan.
- Candice LeRae def. Zelina Vega via submission with Garga-No Escape
Candice in control early, but interference from Andrade allows Zelina to take charge and brings out Gargano. Vega gets two with a shining wizard and meteora (she’s doing all her business associate’s moves after coming out to his music), but an attempt to follow-up with with Almas’ hammerlock DDT finisher gets rolled up for a nearfall.
After Zelina kicks out after a back elbow and missle drop kick, LeRae hits the head scissors into her husband’s finisher. Cien tries to run-in and break it up, which brings Johnny in to do the same. Vega taps while Johnny has Almas in the same hold.
- The heels limp off, and Gargano gets a mic. He says first of all, that was awesome. Second, he said that was only one of the things they needed to do. The other is he’s calling Aleister Black out for a title shot. That brings out the new champ. Black tells Johnny, “You want it? Then next week, you shall have it”.