Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- The commercial/promo for The Dusty and its first match plays before “Rage”, then Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson welcome us to Center Stage. Nigel hypes the Black vs. Dain match, Ranallo shows us the tournament bracket and tells us the rematch of the ‘16 finals happens right now!
- Authors of Pain def. TM61 via pinfall following Last Chapter on Nick Miller to advance to the second round of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic
Rezar and Akam quickly start dominating Shane Thorne, but Akam shoves him into the wrong corner allowing Nick Miller to make the tag and employ some tandem offense. They get a quick pinfall attempt after a baseball slide and dive while the Authors try to regroup on the outside. After that, Miller gets caught trying a crossbody and AoP starts working him over as we take a break.
The former champ’s continue grinding down Miller, until he’s finally able to DDT Akam. Both men make tags and Thorne’s quickness allows him to take advantage of Rezar. A cannonball in the corner rocks the bigger man, and after laboring a bit, Shane gets him up for a Falcon Arrow for two.
Tandem neckbreaker puts Thorne at risk for a pin, but Miller breaks it up. TM61 fights out of a Super Collider. Suplex from Thorne and a moonsault from Miller gets a nearfall. Thorne gets powerbombed over the top rope onto the apron, then Akam suplexed Nick into the turnbuckles to set up the finish.
- Reporters try to get General Manager William Regal to pick a favorite in the tourney, but he won’t put that pressure on anyone. After he leaves, UK champ Pete Dunne walks up. He tells the press the belt is staying in the UK, then Roderick Strong approaches to offer his respect after their recent match. Undisputed ERA interupt to mockingly ask if Roddy is begging for a rematch. The Bruiserweight shuts Adam Cole up, telling him he hasn’t won anything since coming to NXT. Everyone steps up to one another, and Regal comes back to ask if there’s a problem. Everyone says no and walks away.
- SAnitY are in a basement stairwell somewhere. Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe talk about their start in the Dusty, and vow that chaos will reign in this year’s version. Nikki Cross laughs and jumps on Wolfe’s back. Together they purge! Then Killian Dain grabs Alexander and says that first, he’s going through Aleister Black tonight.
- Bianca Belair def. Drew Renee via pinfall following Alley Oop
Total squash. Three suplexes and The -EST’s finisher.
- Christy St. Cloud interviews Lacey Evans at a house show. Next week, she faces Dakota Kai. Evans says she’s here to show us what a classy woman looks like, and Kai is another classless example of the women’s roster. She’s seen Dakota coming in and out of the trainer’s room after her run-in with Shayna Baszler, so next week she’s going to test that arm. Baszler walks up and Lacey beats a quick exit. The Queen of Spades says she’s been calling Ember Moon out for weeks, and hasn’t heard anything. Normally a fighting champ would respond, but Baszler guesses the silence is her answer.
- Heavy Machinery talk the Dusty while working out. Tucker Knight pulls Otis Dozovic on a sled and says last year they were veal, but this year, they’re aged beef. Otis says “OH YEAH!” Tuckey says this year, they’re winning the thing! Dozer says “OH YEAH!”
- Tommaso Ciampa drags his crutch on stage and slowly makes his way to the ring while the crowd boos and chants “You Suck”. Everytime he raises the mic to his mouth, the boos and “We want Johnny” chants get louder. Eventually he throws the mic. After climbing out of the ring to retrieve it, he comes back again, but drops it in disgust and leaves when the crowd won’t stop. He gets “hey hey goodbye”-d as he stalks the ringside area and tears up a Johnny Wrestling. He beats the ripped sign with his crutch until it’s a bent mess before heading to the stage and soaking in the boos before finally leaving.
- Before the main, we learn that in addition to Evans vs. Kai, we’re getting Cole vs. Dunne, Street Profits vs. Heavy Machinery and SAnitY vs. Sabatelli and Moss next Wednesday.
- Aleister Black def. Killian Dain via pinfall following Black Mass
Black enters first and sits in the ring waiting for his opponent. At the bell, Dain blasts Aleister into the corner with a dropkick for two. The Beast of Belfast stomps and avalanches, but Black dodges a charge and hits a flurry of kicks which cause Killian to roll out and regroup. Aleister takes him out on the floor with a moonsault as we go to break.
Black working kicks when we return, but gets shoved and hit with a big crossbody. Dain goes to work on the midsection while Nigel and Percy discuss how weakening his core will limit what he can do with his legs. Black eventually slides out of a suplex attempt and begins kicking the bigger man’s legs out from under him. He eventually takes him down and hits a quebrada for two.
After being sent to the apron, Aleister goes up top but leaps into a lariat. After Black kicks out of a cover, Killian picks him up by the beard. Exchange of strikes, but a spinebuster puts the Dutchman down. A senton and a Vader Bomb gets two!
Black is lifted on Dain’s shoulder for Ulster Plantation, but Aleister slides off and tries a roll-up. That only gets two, but when both men stand, Black hits his finisher OUT OF NOWHERE!