WWE’s Fastlane 2018 lasted for 2 hours 55 minutes and 36 seconds (2h 55m 36s). Here is a breakdown of the timing for every single second of the show, in chronological order.
The matches are in bold. The “pre-match” segments include video packages, entrances, ring introductions, and any verbal promos that occur right before a match officially begins. The “post-match” segments include any celebrations, replays, angles, attacks, or promos that occur right after a match is finished.
PPV Timing for Fastlane 2018
|0m 00s||0m 23s||Then Now Forever||0m 23s|
|0m 23s||2m 53s||Video hyping Fastlane||2m 30s|
|2m 53s||3m 34s||Welcome to Fastlane||0m 41s|
|3m 34s||7m 34s||Pre-match: Nakamura vs. Rusev||4m 00s|
|7m 34s||22m 03s||Nakamura vs. Rusev||14m 29s|
|22m 03s||23m 41s||Post-match: Nakamura vs. Rusev||1m 38s|
|23m 41s||24m 12s||Ad for Rocket League||0m 31s|
|24m 12s||25m 21s||WrestleMania 34 is 28 days away||1m 09s|
|25m 21s||33m 25s||Pre-match: Roode vs. Orton||8m 04s|
|33m 25s||52m 52s||Roode vs. Orton||19m 27s|
|52m 52s||55m 54s||Post-match: Roode vs. Orton||3m 02s|
|55m 54s||56m 25s||Ad for Tapout Men's Body Sprays||0m 31s|
|56m 25s||56m 52s||Filler commentary||0m 27s|
|56m 52s||1h 02m 20s||Recap of Rousey's story||5m 28s|
|1h 02m 20s||1h 03m 13s||Backstage with Owens & Zayn||0m 53s|
|1h 03m 13s||1h 03m 28s||Plug for PPV theme song||0m 15s|
|1h 03m 28s||1h 03m 49s||Hype for Six-Pack Challenge||0m 21s|
|1h 03m 49s||1h 08m 40s||Pre-match: Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella||4m 51s|
|1h 08m 40s||1h 17m 33s||Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella||8m 53s|
|1h 17m 33s||1h 18m 38s||Post-match: Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella||1m 05s|
|1h 18m 38s||1h 20m 32s||Hype for Kids' Choice Awards||1m 54s|
|1h 20m 32s||1h 27m 34s||Pre-match: The Usos vs. New Day||7m 02s|
|1h 27m 34s||1h 36m 32s||The Usos vs. New Day||8m 58s|
|1h 36m 32s||1h 42m 24s||Post-match: The Usos vs. New Day||5m 52s|
|1h 42m 24s||1h 44m 40s||Recap of Reigns/Lesnar story||2m 16s|
|1h 44m 40s||1h 44m 52s||Post-match: The Usos vs. New Day||0m 12s|
|1h 44m 52s||1h 46m 29s||Backstage with Styles & Nakamura||1m 37s|
|1h 46m 29s||1h 47m 48s||Post-match: The Usos vs. New Day||1m 19s|
|1h 47m 48s||1h 47m 54s||Filler commentary||0m 06s|
|1h 47m 54s||1h 54m 53s||Pre-match: Flair vs. Riott||6m 59s|
|1h 54m 53s||2h 08m 37s||Flair vs. Riott||13m 44s|
|2h 08m 37s||2h 12m 20s||Post-match: Flair vs. Riott||3m 43s|
|2h 12m 20s||2h 13m 57s||Ad for Andre the Giant documentary||1m 37s|
|2h 13m 57s||2h 14m 19s||Filler commentary||0m 22s|
|2h 14m 19s||2h 15m 41s||Medical update on Usos & New Day||1m 22s|
|2h 15m 41s||2h 29m 12s||Pre-match: Six-Pack Challenge||13m 31s|
|2h 29m 12s||2h 51m 06s||Six-Pack Challenge||21m 54s|
|2h 51m 06s||2h 55m 36s||Post-match: Six-Pack Challenge||4m 30s|
The 6 matches combined for a total time of 1h 27m 25s. This means that 49.8% of the show was devoted to bell-to-bell action. This is the 58th highest percentage in this category out of the 71 WWE pay-per-view (PPV) events in my data set, which begins with Royal Rumble 2013.
Here is the sorted list of match times for Fastlane 2018. This also includes where each match time ranks out of all 503 matches in my data set.
- 21m 54s: Six-Pack Challenge (77th longest out of 503 matches)
- 19m 27s: Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton (109th)
- 14m 29s: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev (194th)
- 13m 44s: Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott (216th)
- 8m 58s: The Usos vs. New Day (361st)
- 8m 53s: Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella (366th)
The pre-match segments combined for a total time of 44m 27s, which is 25.3% of the show. This is the 25th highest percentage in this category out of the 71 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of pre-match segment time for all 6 matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median pre-match segment time in my data set is 5m 40s and the average time is 6m 18s.
- 13m 31s: Six-Pack Challenge
- 8m 04s: Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton
- 7m 02s: The Usos vs. New Day
- 6m 59s: Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott
- 4m 51s: Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella
- 4m 00s: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev
Four matches received the special treatment of a dedicated video package right before superstar entrances. The videos hyping Roode’s match (2m 33s), New Day’s match (3m 10s), Charlotte’s match (3m 16s), and Ziggler’s match (3m 25s) combined to take up 12m 24s of the pre-match segment time.
The post-match segments combined for a total time of 21m 21s, which is 12.2% of the show. This is the 9th highest percentage in this category out of the 71 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of the post-match segment time for all 6 matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median post-match segment time in my data set is 1m 59s and the average time is 2m 27s.
- 7m 23s: The Usos vs. New Day
- 4m 30s: Six-Pack Challenge
- 3m 43s: Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott
- 3m 02s: Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton
- 1m 38s: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev
- 1m 05s: Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella
The post-match segment for New Day’s match was broken up into multiple parts, due to the carnage left ringside by the Bludgeon Brothers. For example, after the brutal attack by Harper and Rowan, WWE showed a Roman Reigns video package, and then returned to the ringside scene where the New Day and Usos were still being helped to the back. The Reigns video package was not counted as part of their post-match segment, but the returning look at the ringside scene was included as part of this time.
That leaves about 12.7% (22m 23s) of the show for everything else. This is the 29th highest percentage in this category out of the 71 events in my data set.
Most of these miscellaneous segments are crammed into the time after one post-match segment ends and before the next pre-match segment begins. Fastlane 2018 included 6 different blocks of miscellaneous segments. Here is how long each block lasted, in chronological order:
- Block 1: 3m 34s (Then Now Forever; Opening hype video)
- Block 2: 1m 40s (Ad for Rocket League; ad for WrestleMania 34)
- Block 3: 7m 55s (Recap of Rousey’s story; Ad for Tapout; Backstage with KO/Zayn)
- Block 4: 1m 54s (Hype for Kids’ Choice Awards)
- Block 5: 3m 59s (Recap of Lesnar/Reigns; Nakamura & Styles backstage)
- Block 6: 3m 21s (Ad for Andre documentary; Medical update on Woods)
The overall run time for Fastlane 2018 was 2h 55m 36s, and this ranks 37th highest out of all 71 events in my data set.
Here is a listing of how much total show time was allocated for each match when you add up all 3 components: pre-match time, match time, and post-match time. This list also includes where each total time ranks among the 503 entries in my data set.
- 39m 55s: Six-Pack Challenge (36th longest out of 503 entries)
- 30m 33s: Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton (116th)
- 24m 26s: Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott (184th)
- 23m 23s: The Usos vs. New Day (197th)
- 20m 07s: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev (261st)
- 14m 49s: Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella (372nd)
Now here is a look at the “Match Time Percentage” for each match. For any given match, this percentage shows how the match time compares to the combined pre-match and post-match segment time. For some context, it’s good to know that the median result here since 2013 is 62.8%.
(Here’s an example calculation: an entry with a match time of 6m 00s, pre-match time of 3m 00s, and a post-match time of 1m 00s has a score of 60.0%, because the match time of 6m 00s is 60% of the total sum of 10m 00s for all three components.)
- 72.0%: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev
- 63.7%: Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton
- 60.0%: Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella
- 56.2%: Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott
- 54.9%: Six-Pack Challenge
- 38.3%: The Usos vs. New Day
Final Results for Fastlane 2018
Match - 49.8% - 1h 27m 25s
Pre-match - 25.3% - 44m 27s
Post-match - 12.2% - 21m 21s
Miscellaneous - 12.7% - 22m 23s