Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest 205 Live as it airs on WWE Network.
It’s the purple brand’s 100th episode, and DRAKE MAVERICK has a main event worthy of an anniversary ready for us. After months of backs, forths and medical scares, Hideo Itami and Mustafa Ali will end their feud with a no DQ, falls count anywhere battle. Plus, Mike Kanellis will follow-up his surprising arrival with a match against the man he attacked a couple weeks back, Lince Dorado.
Elsewhere, Cruiserweight champ Buddy Murphy returned to watch his training partner Tony Nese pick up a big win over, among others, former titleholder Cedric Alexander in last week’s Fatal 5Way. Also, The Brian Kendrick looks to be trying to form an unlikely alliance with Akira Tozawa against Drew Gulak and Jack Gallagher, and TJP is still hunting masks.
We'll post match results, highlights and plot developments here. And this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever goes down on the WWE’s cruiserweight showcase - while it’s being broadcast at 7PM Eastern!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts, but many Cagesiders don’t partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show in the short-time between when this article is published and the show’s start, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- An epic video package for the Itami/Ali feud plays before the opening theme. Then Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson welcome us to Newark, as Lucha House Party hit the stage and Mike & Maria’s first appearance is recapped.
- Mike Kanellis def. Lince Dorado via pinfall following a swinging inverted DDT
Kalisto & Gran Metalik stick around to counter-act Maria. Lince uses his speed advantage to good effect in the early going, but a boot to the midsection on a ref break allows Kanellis to take control. TJP is looking on from backstage to remind us of his issues with LHP. Dorado manages to send Mike over the top, but a Maria distraction cuts off his dive and allows her husband to catch him with a straight right hand. Kanellis wears Lince down with strikes and rest holds/submissions, but Dorado powers out of a stretch... only to run into a superkick. A blown kiss takes up too much time, and this time a spinning heel kick starts a sustained comeback for the Golden Lynx. A rana off the top gets two.
.@LuchadorLD sent @RealMikeBennett FLYING! #205Live pic.twitter.com/iQJi6ZOvIE— WWE (@WWE) October 24, 2018
Bronco buster, then Dorade heads up top. Kanellis avoids the move from there and gets a nearfall off a spinebuster. Lince comes back with a springboard stunner, then dollows up with a Shooting Star Press, but Mike gets his foot on the ropes. Things break down at ringside as Kanellis takes out Metalik and Kalisto. When Dorado stands up for his boys, it allows Mike to snap the top rope into the side of his face. Once back in the ring, that’s it.
- DRAKE MAVERICK is here for a state of the brand address. He says the 100th episode is an example of what the brand was always meant to be. He hypes Ali and Itami’s different paths to the brand, and says next week will deliver a similarly great show. Buddy Murphy needs a challenger, and the main event on Oct. 30 will determine a #1 contender.
"Thank you all for your support over the past two years as #205Live reaches a milestone with our 100th episode." -@WWEMaverick pic.twitter.com/OHd3DWeWnT— WWE (@WWE) October 24, 2018
- The Brian Kendrick sends a word of warning to Drew Gulak and Jack Gallagher. He’s going to prove to Jack what everyone else who’s tried to take him out has learned. Kendrick’s going to show Gallagher no mercy next week.
"I'm still here..." -@mrbriankendrick #205Live pic.twitter.com/syDfZcbmCm— WWE (@WWE) October 24, 2018
- A recap of last week’s main event takes us to a Lio Rush selfie promo. He wasn’t beaten last week, and he denies Cedric Alexander almost pinned him after that “little Lumbar Check”. Everyone knows multi-man matches are decided by luck, and he’s still undefeated in one-on-one matches.
- Murphy and Tony Nese are interviewed by Dasha Fuentes. The champ says he knows DM will make the right call next week and put his boy Tony in the #1 contender match. Nese says he’ll beat whoever DRAKE puts in front of him, and it doesn’t matter which of them is champ, they run 205 Live. Murphy rolls his eyes and shrugs about Tony’s insinuation he might ever be champ.
- Mustafa Ali def. Hideo Itami in a Falls Count Anywhere match with an 0-5-4 from the top to send Itami through a table on the floor
First cover comes after Ali sends Itami over the top and into the ring steps. Shortly thereafter, Hideo cuts off a springboard move that sends Mustafa crashing face first into the apron. He gets two on the floor, then throws Ali into the barricade before sending him back inside the ropes.
GOOD GOD @HideoItami DROPPED @MustafaAliWWE. #205Live pic.twitter.com/bJiuCIZn6b— WWE (@WWE) October 24, 2018
A few evasions and kicks from Ali even things back up, and Mustafa gets two off a facebuster. They brawl to the floor, and Mustafa gets sent into the timekeeper’s area. He tries to leap out and Hideo sweeps his legs. Itami takes too long talking trash, though, and Ali recovers to finish his follow-up leap. He throws Hideo over the announce desk and sets him up on, but Itami drops him and locks on a half-crab with his boot on Mustafa’s head. Ali powers out, but before he can do anything, he gets front kicked off the table into the barricade. That leads to another nearfall.
NOBODY IS SAFE AT RINGSIDE. #205Live @MustafaAliWWE @HideoItami pic.twitter.com/H9xV9Fx87F— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) October 24, 2018
The beatdown is on from there, and after throwing Ali into the steps hard enough to dislodge them, Hideo sets them up for something. Mustafa comes back and they brawl up the ramp, but Itami turns him inside out with a clothesline on the steel for two.
Sheesh, what a clothesline! #205Live pic.twitter.com/FL1vLN4DvN— WWE (@WWE) October 24, 2018
They end up fighting on the ringpost, and that ends with a nearfall after Ali hits a crossbody from the top which knocks Itami off one of the disassembled steps. Mustafa goes to get a table, but Hideo recovers to wipe him out with a kick. Itami drags another set of steps out. He drops Ali chest first on those and tries to crush Mustafa’s head on that step with one of the other steps, but Ali evades. Off a whip, Mustafa climbs the step that’s leaning on the other steps and flips over to hit a DDT!
.@MustafaAliWWE!!— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) October 24, 2018
➡️ https://t.co/ePt5TzD6sU pic.twitter.com/pZe1xHhsBw
He sets up a table, and connects with his finisher to end the feud.
.@MustafaAliWWE pulling out ALL the stops to defeat Itami!— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) October 24, 2018
➡️ https://t.co/ePt5TzD6sU pic.twitter.com/ffzEEACDnB
Ever the babyface, Ali tells an incapicitated Itami he always respected him.
- DM THE GM requested a chat with Dasha Fuentes after the main event. MAVERICK announces Ali will face Nese next week to determine Murphy’s next challenger.