Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE 205 Live in its regular Tuesday night at 10PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
The last episode before Mixed Match Challenge takes its time slow will feature the show checking in on... well, the two angles it currently has running. After a countout win over champion Enzo Amore, Cedric Alexander will be angling for another shot at the belt - but he may have to wait for Zo to heal up from the flu. And being busted open. And his “ankle injury”.
Plus, Gentleman Jack Gallagher took the fight to Hideo Itami after a GTS busted his partner’s nose. Now Itami is out for revenge, and respect, from The Brian Kendrick’s protege.
We'll post match results and plot developments here. And this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever goes down on the WWE’s cruiserweight showcase - while it’s being broadcast!
Enjoy the show!
- Highlights from Alexander’s countout victory on Raw lead to Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness welcoming us, recapping last night’s events and promising an appearance by the champ tonight. We’ll also see Cedric vs. Tony Nese.
- A segment from earlier today sets-up the first match, as TJP taunts Gran Metalik about having won the Cruiserweight Classic. Metalik is the bigger man, and welcomes Perkins back. His friend Kalisto says TJ is living in the past. He fires back that he’s the original, and exist the scene.
- Gran Metalik def. TJP via pinfall following a Metalik driver; pretty much an even contest with the heel having the upper-hand in the early going. Perkins anger eventually gets the better of him and his yelling at Metalik starts the final sequence.
- Kalisto celebrates with his mate after the decision, and TJP flips out.
- More stuff from last night, including Nia checking on Enzo in the trainer’s room and him getting stitches.
- Dasha Fuentes catches up with the champ, who answers a question about his ankle by saying he’s “Ford Tough”, but the doctors won’t clear him. Nese cuts him off as he’s saying he’d go tonight if they’d let him. He learned his lesson when Zo lead the Train in kicking his butt four weeks ago. Tony wants back in, and not as one of the group, but as his second-in-command.
- Gentleman Jack Gallagher is out, and says that Hideo Itami is not here because he’s recovering from the beating he put on him last week. Jack did that as revenge for what Itami did to Kendrick, and he plans to ruin Hideo’s life. Itami’s music hits and he is here! He lands a flurry of strikes and kicks, but Gallagher gets his hands on his umbrella. Hideo blocks at shot with that, takes the umbrella and chases off Gallagher.
- In a locker room, Cedric says he knows he’ll get another shot at Amore and the title, and he’s more motivated than ever to become champ. Goldust arrives and warns Alexander to be careful he doesn’t get taken advantage of - Zo will be ringside for his match with Nese, and can talk his way out of anything. Ced says he’s not worried, cause he’ll hurt Amore’s other ankle if he has to.
- Enzo limps out to the ring with Tony (who does his usual ab taunts) for the main event
- Cedric Alexander def. Tony Nese via pinfall with a roll-up. Cedric faked an ankle injury to lure Nese in for the cradle.
- Afterwards, Cedric taunted Enzo with a dance to make sure the champ knew he was faking. They jaw at each other with Amore blaming Alexander for injuring him last night. He attacks, but ends up taking a Lumbar Check. Ced holds the belt as the show goes off the air.