WWE stated that there would be 90-second waiting intervals between each entrant in the 2018 women’s Royal Rumble match. How well did WWE stick to that claim? Here are the waiting times between all 28 buzzers, in chronological order:
- 1m 30s: Buzzer 1 - Sarah Logan
- 1m 49s: Buzzer 2 - Mandy Rose
- 1m 42s: Buzzer 3 - Lita
- 2m 29s: Buzzer 4 - Kairi Sane
- 1m 44s: Buzzer 5 - Tamina
- 1m 58s: Buzzer 6 - Dana Brooke
- 1m 28s: Buzzer 7 - Torrie Wilson
- 1m 50s: Buzzer 8 - Sonya Deville
- 1m 35s: Buzzer 9 - Liv Morgan
- 1m 23s: Buzzer 10 - Molly Holly
- 1m 30s: Buzzer 11 - Lana
- 1m 21s: Buzzer 12 - Michelle McCool
- 1m 49s: Buzzer 13 - Ruby Riott
- 1m 30s: Buzzer 14 - Vickie Guerrero
- 1m 44s: Buzzer 15 - Carmella
- 1m 22s: Buzzer 16 - Natalya
- 1m 21s: Buzzer 17 - Kelly Kelly
- 1m 25s: Buzzer 18 - Naomi
- 1m 40s: Buzzer 19 - Jacqueline
- 1m 26s: Buzzer 20 - Nia Jax
- 1m 56s: Buzzer 21 - Ember Moon
- 2m 03s: Buzzer 22 - Beth Phoenix
- 2m 39s: Buzzer 23 - Asuka
- 1m 51s: Buzzer 24 - Mickie James
- 1m 22s: Buzzer 25 - Nikki Bella
- 2m 00s: Buzzer 26 - Brie Bella
- 1m 20s: Buzzer 27 - Bayley
- 1m 26s: Buzzer 28 - Trish Stratus
8 of the 28 waiting periods fell within 5 seconds of the 90-second goal.
The average waiting period was 1m 41s and the median time was between 1m 37s and 1m 38s.
6 different waiting periods lasted under 1m 25s.
4 different waiting periods lasted 2m 00s or longer.
The longest waiting period was 2m 39s, and this featured Beth’s entry into the match and her entire situation with Natalya’s betrayal.
The 2m 29s waiting period is where Lita entered the match and eventually eliminated Mandy Rose.
The 2m 03s waiting period included Naomi using Maria Menounos’ chair to save herself from elimination.
The 2m 00s waiting period is where Nikki Bella entered the match and she eliminated Carmella.
The interval that lasted 1m 58s is where Lita performed many of her trademark moves, including a moonsault onto Sasha and Becky. Becky eliminated Lita, and then the 10-second countdown clock appeared.
Nia Jax entered the match in the 1m 56s waiting period and she eliminated 3 superstars. She then tossed Naomi outside the ring and this led to Naomi being stranded on the barricade.
In a perfectly timed match, the final buzzer (signaling Trish’s entrance) would have gone off 42m 00s after the start of the match. In reality, this buzzer went off at 47m 13s.
Overall, WWE did a poor job with abiding by the 90-second rule.