WWE’s had a lot going on this week, including having to pull an announced title match off the card for their Royal Rumble pay-per-view (PPV) six days before the show. So it’s understandable they were a little slow in clarifying what bouts would take place on the two hour Kickoff before the Jan. 28 event.
They made up for lost time Friday afternoon, revealing a bunch of details about the show which will stream on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and other outlets (like right here at Cageside Seats) at 5PM Eastern - including three matches.
Bobby Roode will start his version of the United States championship open challenge on the broadcast, and we’ll get a couple things we’ve seen recently - a Raw25 Manhattan Center rematch of The Revival vs. The Bálor Club duo of Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows, and a 205 Live do-over of Kalisto, Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik vs. TJP, Gentleman Jack Gallagher and Drew Gulak (okay, they didn’t do this last Tuesday, but don’t you feel like it’s been done a million times in the last year?).
With these additions, the final line-up for Sunday is as follows:
- Men’s Royal Rumble match
- Women’s Royal Rumble match (latest official line-up for both bouts here)
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane for the Universal title
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn for the WWE championship
- Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan vs. Cesaro & Sheamus for the Raw Tag Team championship
- Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin vs. The Usos (c) in a Best 2-out-of-3 Falls match for the SmackDown Tag Team titles
- Bobby Roode’s United States championship open challenge
- The Revival vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
- Kalisto, Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik vs. TJP, Gentleman Jack Gallagher and Drew Gulak