We’re getting four hours of pay-per-view (PPV) and two hours of pre-show on Jan. 28 when WWE sets up shop for Royal Rumble in Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center, but the amount of action planned already has Cageside’s numbers guru* Cain A. Knight asking if that will be enough time.
Add to the mix a Cruiserweight title match which confirms Enzo Amore did not, as he claimed, break his leg during Cedric Alexander’s countout victory on Raw this past Monday (Jan. 8). Zo taking a Lumbar Check on 205 Live pretty much closed the case on that, but this seals the deal.
Stitches? Definitely. Twisted ankle or knee? Maybe. Broken leg? Nah, Certified G.
Where does Cedric’s latest shot at taking Amore’s purple precious fit on the card? We’re guessing Kickoff, but that hasn’t been announced by WWE yet.
Here’s what has:
- Men’s Royal Rumble match
- Women’s Royal Rumble match (latest official line-up for both bouts here)
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane for the Universal title
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn for the WWE championship
- US Title Tournament Final
- Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan vs. Cesaro & Sheamus for the Raw Tag Team championship
- Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin vs. The Usos (c) in a Best 2-out-of-3 Falls match for the SmackDown Tag Team titles
* And, all due respect to Titus Worldwide’s statistician, I’ll take Cain over Dana Brooke any day of the week.