WWE's No Mercy 2017 lasted for 3 hours 0 minutes and 4 seconds (3h 00m 04s). Here is a breakdown of the timing for every single second of the show, in chronological order.
The matches are in bold. The "pre-match" segments include video packages, entrances, ring introductions, and any verbal promos that occur right before a match officially begins. The "post-match" segments include any celebrations, replays, angles, attacks, or promos that occur right after a match is finished.
PPV Timing for No Mercy 2017
|0m 00s||0m 21s||Then Now Forever||0m 21s|
|0m 21s||2m 55s||Video hyping No Mercy 2017||2m 34s|
|2m 55s||3m 31s||Welcome to No Mercy 2017||0m 36s|
|3m 31s||7m 27s||Pre-match for Miz vs. Jordan||3m 56s|
|7m 27s||17m 40s||Miz vs. Jordan||10m 13s|
|17m 40s||20m 11s||Post-match for Miz vs. Jordan||2m 31s|
|20m 11s||20m 27s||Ad for Mountain Dew||0m 16s|
|20m 27s||21m 55s||Hype for Hell in a Cell 2017||1m 28s|
|21m 55s||33m 05s||Pre-match for Balor vs. Wyatt||11m 10s|
|33m 05s||44m 39s||Balor vs. Wyatt||11m 34s|
|44m 39s||46m 40s||Post-match for Balor vs. Wyatt||2m 01s|
|46m 40s||46m 56s||Ad for Little Caesars Pizza||0m 16s|
|46m 56s||48m 28s||Hype for Asuka's debut at TLC 2017||1m 32s|
|48m 28s||55m 05s||Pre-match for Ambrose & Rollins vs. The Bar||6m 37s|
|55m 05s||1h 11m 02s||Ambrose & Rollins vs. The Bar||15m 57s|
|1h 11m 02s||1h 13m 25s||Post-match for Ambrose & Rollins vs. The Bar||2m 23s|
|1h 13m 25s||1h 13m 41s||Ad for Mountain Dew||0m 16s|
|1h 13m 41s||1h 14m 22s||Connor's Cure||0m 41s|
|1h 14m 22s||1h 24m 05s||Pre-match for Women's Fatal 5-Way||9m 43s|
|1h 24m 05s||1h 34m 00s||Women's Fatal 5-Way||9m 55s|
|1h 34m 00s||1h 36m 19s||Post-match for Women's Fatal 5-Way||2m 19s|
|1h 36m 19s||1h 36m 54s||Ad for Hell in a Cell 2017||0m 35s|
|1h 36m 54s||1h 38m 01s||No Mercy 2005 clip: Batista vs. Guerrero||1m 07s|
|1h 38m 01s||1h 38m 20s||Plug for PPV theme song||0m 19s|
|1h 38m 20s||1h 49m 30s||Pre-match for Cena vs. Reigns||11m 10s|
|1h 49m 30s||2h 11m 40s||Cena vs. Reigns||22m 10s|
|2h 11m 40s||2h 18m 41s||Post-match for Cena vs. Reigns||7m 01s|
|2h 18m 41s||2h 19m 57s||Ad for WWE 2K18||1m 16s|
|2h 19m 57s||2h 20m 30s||Hispanic Heritage Month||0m 33s|
|2h 20m 30s||2h 22m 36s||Backstage with Miz and Angle||2m 06s|
|2h 22m 36s||2h 26m 59s||Pre-match for Neville vs. Enzo||4m 23s|
|2h 26m 59s||2h 37m 35s||Neville vs. Enzo||10m 36s|
|2h 37m 35s||2h 38m 44s||Post-match for Neville vs. Enzo||1m 09s|
|2h 38m 44s||2h 39m 00s||Ad for Little Caesars Pizza||0m 16s|
|2h 39m 00s||2h 39m 37s||Ad for Hell in a Cell 2017||0m 37s|
|2h 39m 37s||2h 40m 12s||Hype for Raw Talk||0m 35s|
|2h 40m 12s||2h 49m 07s||Pre-match for Lesnar vs. Strowman||8m 55s|
|2h 49m 07s||2h 57m 59s||Lesnar vs. Strowman||8m 52s|
|2h 57m 59s||3h 00m 04s||Post-match for Lesnar vs. Strowman||2m 05s|
The 7 matches combined for a total time of 1h 29m 17s. This means that 49.6% of the show was devoted to bell-to-bell action. This is the 55th highest percentage in this category out of the 64 WWE pay-per-view (PPV) events in my data set, which begins with Royal Rumble 2013.
Here is the sorted list of match times for No Mercy 2017. This also includes where each match time ranks out of all 459 matches in my data set.
- 22m 10s: John Cena vs. Roman Reigns (65th longest out of 459 matches)
- 15m 57s: Ambrose & Rollins vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (146th)
- 11m 34s: Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt (243rd)
- 10m 36s: Neville vs. Enzo Amore (276th)
- 10m 13s: The Miz vs. Jason Jordan (288th)
- 9m 55s: Women’s Fatal 5-Way Match (297th)
- 8m 52s: Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman (328th)
The pre-match segments combined for a total time of 55m 54s, which is 31.0% of the show. This is the 3rd highest percentage in this category out of the 64 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of pre-match segment time for all 7 matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median pre-match segment time in my data set is 5m 29s and the average time is 6m 10s.
- 11m 10s: Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt
- 11m 10s: John Cena vs. Roman Reigns
- 9m 43s: Women’s Fatal 5-Way Match
- 8m 55s: Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman
- 6m 37s: Ambrose & Rollins vs. Cesaro & Sheamus
- 4m 23s: Neville vs. Enzo Amore
- 3m 56s: The Miz vs. Jason Jordan
Four matches received the special treatment of a dedicated video package right before superstar entrances. The videos hyping Balor's match (3m 18s), Alexa's match (3m 18s), Cena's match (4m 33s), and Lesnar's match (4m 11s) combined to take up 15m 20s of the pre-match segment time.
The post-match segments combined for a total time of 19m 29s, which is 10.8% of the show. This is the 19th highest percentage in this category out of the 64 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of the post-match segment time for all 7 matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median post-match segment time in my data set is 1m 59s and the average time is 2m 26s.
- 7m 01s: John Cena vs. Roman Reigns
- 2m 31s: The Miz vs. Jason Jordan
- 2m 23s: Ambrose & Rollins vs. Cesaro & Sheamus
- 2m 19s: Women’s Fatal 5-Way Match
- 2m 05s: Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman
- 2m 01s: Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt
- 1m 09s: Neville vs. Enzo Amore
That leaves about 8.6% (15m 24s) of the show for everything else. This is the 61st highest percentage in this category out of the 64 events in my data set.
Most of these miscellaneous segments are crammed into the time after one post-match segment ends and before the next pre-match segment begins. No Mercy 2017 included 7 different blocks of miscellaneous segments. Here is how long each block lasted, in chronological order:
- Block 1: 3m 31s (Then Now Forever; Opening hype video)
- Block 2: 1m 44s (Ad for Mountain Dew; Hype for HIAC 2017)
- Block 3: 1m 48s (Ad for Little Caesars; Hype for TLC 2017)
- Block 4: 0m 57s (Ad for Mountain Dew; Connor's Cure)
- Block 5: 2m 01s (Ad for HIAC 2017; Clip from No Mercy 2005)
- Block 6: 3m 55s (Ad for WWE 2K18; Hispanic Heritage; Backstage with Miz)
- Block 7: 1m 28s (Ad for Little Caesars; Ad for HIAC 2017; Hype for Raw Talk)
The overall run time for No Mercy 2017 was 3h 00m 04s, and this ranks 19th highest out of all 64 events in my data set.
Here is a listing of how much total show time was allocated for each match when you add up all 3 components: pre-match time, match time, and post-match time. This list also includes where each total time ranks among the 459 entries in my data set.
- 40m 21s: John Cena vs. Roman Reigns (28th longest out of 459 entries)
- 24m 57s: Ambrose & Rollins vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (158th)
- 24m 45s: Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt (162nd)
- 21m 57s: Women’s Fatal 5-Way Match (201st)
- 19m 52s: Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman (234th)
- 16m 40s: The Miz vs. Jason Jordan (299th)
- 16m 08s: Neville vs. Enzo Amore (309th)
Now here is a look at the "Match Time Percentage" for each match. For any given match, this percentage shows how the match time compares to the combined pre-match and post-match segment time. For some context, it's good to know that the median result here since 2013 is 62.8%.
(Here's an example calculation: an entry with a match time of 6m 00s, pre-match time of 3m 00s, and a post-match time of 1m 00s has a score of 60.0%, because the match time of 6m 00s is 60% of the total sum of 10m 00s for all three components.)
- 65.7%: Neville vs. Enzo Amore
- 63.9%: Ambrose & Rollins vs. Cesaro & Sheamus
- 61.3%: The Miz vs. Jason Jordan
- 54.9%: John Cena vs. Roman Reigns
- 46.7%: Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt
- 45.2%: Women’s Fatal 5-Way Match
- 44.6%: Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman
Final Results for No Mercy 2017
Match - 49.6% - 1h 29m 17s
Pre-match - 31.0% - 55m 54s
Post-match - 10.8% - 19m 29s
Miscellaneous - 8.6% - 15m 24s