Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- As The Iconic Duo enters we get a recap of Ruby Riot’s Billie Kay-aided loss to Peyton Royce, and the scene of Riot asking for the handicap match week where William Regal made our opening tag match. It starts as a 2-on-1 battle, but SAnitY’s Nikki Cross creeps in from the seats...
- Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay via pinfall (Riot on Kay) after a senton from the top ropeThe Iconic Duo were effectively using the numbers game until Riot dodged and caused Kay to take out Royce. She went on the offensive, then Cross got on the apron and tagged herself in with a chop across Ruby’s chest. She cleaned house, tagged Riot back in and left. A confused Punk Rock Ragdoll ended it after Nikki hit the swinging neckbreaker on Billie.
- The set-up for Johnny Wrestling’s match with Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli from last episode is replayed.
- Christy St. Cloud catches up with No Way Jose about his issues with Lars Sullivan. He recaps what we’ve seen from Lars since Brooklyn, and says that’s not how we do things in NXT. He wants to be the guy to teach him that lesson, so he challenges Sullivan to match on next week’s show.
- Johnny Gargano def. Riddick Moss via pinfall following the Slingshot Spear. Moss out-powered Johnny for most of the match, but Gargano battled back and had the Gargano-Escape locked in. When Riddick made it to the ropes, Johnny was stunned and seemed to blank out. Attempted interference by Sabbatelli shook him out of it, and after he dealt with Tino, we got the finish.
- Street Profits teaser. They’re in action next.
- Street Profits def. The Ealy Brothers via pinfall following the Spinebuster/Frog Splash combo; Angelo Dawkins was getting worked over early, but when one of the twins snatched his headband, he came back. Tandem moves from the Profits had them in control, but the Ealys pulled twin magic while they celebrated. After hot tags, Dawkins set up the tandem finisher. Montez Ford heads into the crowd to celebrate after the match.
- Video package on Asuka’s record-breaking NXT run, with interviews with Ember Moon, Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Corey Graves and others talking about how great she is cut with clips of her wins, segments and last week’s farewell.
- We see the clip of St. Cloud asking Regal about the future of the women’s title from last week’s fallout, where he says he’ll have a plan in the coming weeks (no mention of the Kairi Sane announcement from yesterday).
- Aleister Black will address the NXT Universe for the first time next week.
- Christy St. Cloud asks Wolfgang about his title shot, and the Last King of Scotland is excited. He vows to win as he heads through the curtain to the stage.
- The champ gets the same treatment, but asked for his thought, the Bruiserweight puts his belt’s strap in his mouth instead of answering, then heads in for battle.
- Pete Dunne def. Wolfgang via pinfall following The Bitter End to retain the United Kingdom championship. Wolfgang impressed with some mat-based work early, but the champ took over heading into the break with a nifty DDT on the apron. Back-and-forth after the break and the challenger’s power gives him a shot, but Dunne targets the shoulder and almost gets a submission win with a triangle counter to a swanton bomb (The Howling). Things continue, but a pop-up attempt fails for Wolfie, so the Bruiserweight hit his finisher.
- As the champ celebrates, The Undisputed Era hit the ring. Dunne asks for a moment then attacks, but the numbers take him down. Wolfgang runs in for the save, but is quickly taken down. The UK champ backs away - faking a run-in, but only retrieves his belt. CFO then end Wolfie as Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly hold him up for a Shining Wizard from Cole.
- Moustache Mountain in to check on Wolfgang as the invaders exit through the crowd. Cole is saying it’s his NXT while Fish gives us the first utterance of their name, saying they’re “undisputed, there is no one else”. Trent Seven and Tyler Bate stare at the trio as O’Reilly mocks them with a moustache twirl.