Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- After the intro video, there’s a scene of carnage outside Full Sail, with Alexander Wolfe and a bunch of security guys laid out. General Manager William Regal comes out to survey the scene as people call for medical staff. Inside, Percy Watson thinks it’s Adam Cole and company, since there’s been a lot of chaos since he arrived. Nigel McGuinness puts the brakes on that, saying in America there’s due process (and sticking up for his fellow Ring of Honor (ROH) vets. Hmmm...)
- New NXT champ Drew McIntyre is out. He holds up his belt and says it’s the culmination of his career. But he knows this puts a big target on him. He wasn’t even champ for a minute before he was attacked. So, this is his world now, and he’s putting his mission statement out there - Bobby Fish, Kyle O’Reilly, Adam Cole, the whole locker room - if you want a shot at him, come out and demand one like a man.
- Roderick Strong answers the call. He saw everything that happened at TakeOver, and he doesn’t care about any of it. All he cares about is himself, his family and that title. When he’s done with Bobby Roode tonight, he wants the belt, so he’s stepping to Drew and asking for a shot. McIntyre says that’s exactly what he’s talking about. Roddy stepped to him and asked for a shot like a damn man. Drew just hopes Strong is ready to get knocked out like a man.
- Kayla Braxton’s interview with Roode from last week where he says he’s going to embarrass Roddy and then reclaim his belt before leaving for SmackDown is replayed
- Mauro Ranallo reminds us about Asuka’s injury and tells us she’ll be here next week (they play this like they didn’t already spoil what happens)
- A recap of Peyton trash-talking Ruby Riot after she beat Billie Kay is shown
- Peyton Royce def. Ruby Riot via pinfall following a fisherman’s suplex with a bridge (and a BIG boot from Billie Kay on the outside while the referee was scolding Royce for grabbing the ring apron to avoid being picked up by Ruby)
- Christy St. Cloud interviews Regal in his office about the attacks outside. He say takes them very seriously and is looking into them. Kassius Ohno knocks and enters, apologizing for interrupting. He’s cleared (the GM says he’s read the trainer’s report) and all he wants is a shot at Hideo Itami. Regal says he’ll have it next week. Ohno has one more request - Itami will probably resort to the same tactics again, so make it No DQ. His wish is granted.
- Heavy Machinery def. These Guys via pinfall (Otis Dozovic on that guy) following The Compactor (Dozovic lifts and holds one of their opponents over the other, Tucker Knight splashes onto his partner’s back, knocking him and the man he’s holding into the wrestler on the mat)
- Mauro asks his broadcast partners about Lars Sullivan, and we get a recap of last week’s attack on No Way Jose. We got to a scene in Regal’s office where the GM is telling Lars that actions have consequences. He’s destroyed three men recently, so next week he’ll face a three-on-one handicap match. He grimaces (and Regal flinches a bit), the turns, smirks and leaves.
- Cezar Bononi will face Andrade “Cien” Almas next week, and Ranallo reminds us about Ohno vs. Itami, too. Then it’s main event time!
- Roderick Strong def. Bobby Roode by pinfall after End of Heartache; Roode hit the Glorious DDT, but Strong rolled closer to the ropes and got his foot on the bottom one to avoid the three count. The former champ taunted him and mentioned his family, which motivated Roddy to hit him with three straight high knees and two End of Heartaches.
- Afterwards, McIntyre’s music hits and he comes on stage to show Strong the belt. Cole, O’Reilly and Fish are here! After putting the boots to him, Cole hits a DDT on the ramp. Security runs in and gets wiped out. The GM shows up with more and the trio head out of the arena. An incensed Regal stalks after them as Cole yells this is their NXT, and we never know when or where they’re going to strike.