Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- Ember Moon def. Lei’D Tapa via pinfall following an Eclipse; Tapa dominated for a minute, then Ember flipped a switch and sprinted to her finisher
- While officials help Tapa to the back, Ember gets on the mic and says she wants Asuka at TakeOver. The champ says she wants competition, she wants a worthy challenge. Moon will give her all she desires. They’ve been on this journey before, and Ember knows she’s ready for Asuka. The question is, is the Empress of Tomorrow ready for Ember Moon?
- Mauro Ranallo brings up Roderick Strong’s tweet saying he’s not done with Bobby Roode
- Aleister Black hype video (which will indeed get you hyped to Fade... Fade to Black)
- Authors of Pain vs. Timothy Bumpers and David Ramos never starts, because Nikki Cross stops AoP and Paul Ellering on the ramp while Killian Dain and Alexander Wolfe attack Bumpers and Ramos from behind. They dispatch the enhancement talent, and Akam and Rezar march past Cross to get in the ring. After a brief staredown, IT’S ON. Akam takes out Wolfe quickly, but Dain flattens Rezar with a lariat. He bounces back and gets his partner to help him take out the big Irishman, then they hit tandem moves on both me. Dain is incensed, but Cross holds him back while Wolfe laughs. The scene ends with the champs standing tall in the ring while SAnitY celebrates? on the ramp.
- Street Profits get another “coming soon” video
- After a recap of last week’s post-match confrontation between No Way Jose and Andrade Almas, we see a scene from the parking lot earlier today when Almas’ mysterious friend (identified as Zelina Vega) stops Jose to commend him for doing what he thought was right, but warn him because he got in their business - and that’s a fire he can’t dance around.
- Velveteen Dream def. Cezar Bononi via pinfall following Purple Rainmaker; similar to the Moon/Tapa match, Bononi overpowered Dream early, until a Death Valley Bomb led to the elbow drop and a quick finish
- Afterwards, Kayla Braxton stops Dream on the stage and what his goals are. He turns the question around on her, saying he might talk to a decently dressed woman like herself, but not in front of the ugliness that is the NXT Universe. Her Velveteen Dream experience is going to have to wait.
- Christy St. Cloud is in William Regal’s office, and asks the General Manager about Ember’s comments. He reveals that Moon vs. Asuka will be the Women’s title match in Brooklyn.
- Drew McIntyre comes to the ring for a promo. In a month, he’ll be in the main event against Bobby Roode for the NXT title. He thanks everyone who’s been on this journey with him. This is when people reflect on what brought them here, but he only goes forward. When he showed up in WWE, he was known as the “Chosen One”. That was a problem, though, because when he wasn’t the hardest worker in the room, he failed. So when he left, he became the hardest worker in the damn world! Every company he was with benefited, but it wasn’t just him. It was every guy and gal in the locker room. That’s why he signed with NXT in the first place. Everyone is moving forward together - except for one man. When he looks in Roode’s eyes, he see entitlement. It’s not Bobby’s NXT. It’s that guy (points to someone in the crowd), and that kid’s NXT. He has a message for the champ - WE ARE NXT!
- ANOTHER Aleister Black hype video (also dope)
- Kayla interviews Raul Mendoza backstage. He’ll face Johnny Gargano in his first match since Chicago next week. Mendoza knows Johnny’s been training hard, but so is he. Maybe next week won’t be about Gargano’s return. Maybe it will be about Raul Mendoza.
- Bobby Roode will respond to McIntyre next week
- Kassius Ohno def. Hideo Itami via disqualification when Itami deliberately kicked Ohno below the belt to stop a comeback that was leading up to Rolling Elbow; a post-match beatdown includes two Go 2 Sleeps, then after making to leave, Itami returns to hit a third where he drops Kassius’ head on the steel steps!