Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE 205 Live in its regular Tuesday night at 10PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
For the second week running, WWE hasn’t officially announced anything by the time this post goes live. The main storyline from last week and Monday’s Raw involved Akira Tozawa’s ongoing win streak, and the good fortune he seems to be enjoying since joining Titus O’Neil’s brand.
Titus is working to set-up a title shot for Tozawa. In the meantime, PWInsider says tonight’s main event will be a rematch from the June 12 Raw, with Cruiserweight champion Neville again facing the man he beat for the title, Rich Swann.
We'll post match results here, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever goes down on the WWE’s cruiserweight showcase - while it’s being broadcast!
Enjoy the show!
- Titus O’Neil tries to recruit Akira Tozawa to his brand, but not even an extra 5% on his first merch (the Tozawa Towel) can convince him. O’Neil promises that next Monday on Raw, he’ll have an offer Akira can’t refuse.
- Recap of Austin Aries farewell (for now) from last week sets the stage for the match it built to...
- Tony Nese def. Jack Gallagher via pinfall following the Running Nese (and a throw headfirst into the turnbuckle while Gallagher was talking to the referee after Nese faked an injury) in ~5 minutes
- Noam Dar is FaceTiming with Alicia Fox, trying to convince her from Cedric Alexander so they can work on them. Alexander walks in and again tells Alicia it’s over. Dar tells Cedric if he doesn’t leave 205 Live, they’ll make his life hell. For starters, Noam says he’ll need to fish his bag out of the river he threw it in. Alexander produces his bag, and Ariya Daivari shows up looking for the $15K bag his dad gave him. Dar obviously threw that in the water, but he doesn’t fess up and slinks off.
- Video package on the history between our next competitors. Gulak makes a pitch for a no fly zone during his entrance.
- Mustafa Ali def. Drew Gulak via pinfall after countering a crab into an inside cradle (proving he can win on the ground) in ~5 minutes
- Gallagher is walking backstage and he’s thrown a towel. The camera pans to Aries sitting on a couch, eating a banana. He says he was watching the match, and realized Neville, TJP and others cut corners and watch each other’s backs. He proposes maybe they can do the same thing. Jack isn’t comfortable with cutting corners but he agrees to an accord. Aries drives a Lincoln, but he likes Hondas and is okay with a “loose alliance”.
- Corey Grave and Vic Joseph run down the history between Neville and Swann, then we get a scene backstage of TJP and Rich talking. TJ didn’t appreciate Swann telling him he’d changed right before his main event shot at the champ. He does tell Rich to go out there and take care of business in his main event opportunity.
- Akira Tozawa has a VIP seat in his own section at ringside courtesy of The Titus Brand, and the King doesn’t like it
- Neville def. Rich Swann via submission with Rings of Saturn (after dodging a Phoenix Splash) in ~10 minutes