Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- Drew McIntyre def. Rob Ryzin via pinfall following Claymore (single-leg Yakuza kick)
- Replay of the Iconic Duo running into Ember Moon at the Performance Center as she was signing her medical release paperwork two weeks ago; we learn Peyton Royce will face Moon next week
- Hype video for Aleister Black
- Authors of Pain def. These Guys via pinfall (Akam destroyed both opponents while Paul Ellering and Rezar talked outside the ring, after the bell, Rezar got in the ring for a Super Collider)
- Ellering on the mic, says Heavy Machinery are as foolish as they are large. They’ve been here for a year and are still undefeated. Have we not read the Book of Pain? He lists the teams they’ve beaten, and says they want to write the first chapter in their Book of Dominance - and Heavy Machinery don’t even rate a footnote. That brings out Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight. They march down to the ring, but after going nose-to-nose in a staredown, Ellering pulls the champs back and gets them to leave.
- Highlights of last week’s Roderick Strong/Bobby Roode promo duel takes us to Tom Phillips reading a Tweet from Roddy about how he’s seen a bunch of guys like Roode and only needs one shot to take him down
- Sonya Deville promo video, hyping her MMA background with her saying “I didn’t ask for this, I was born for this” and her “put your hair up and square up” catchphrase. She’ll be in action next week.
- Velveteen Dream def. Raul Mendoza via pinfall following a top rope elbow drop
- The end of Hideo Itami/Oney Lorcan and Itami’s run-in with Kassius Ohno sends us to Kayla Braxton asking Ohno where their friendship stands. Kassius says he doesn’t know where their friendship stands, but he shouldn’t have sunk to his level. He knows Hideo is frustrated, and he wants to lead by example. So he’s asked William Regal for a match, and next week he’ll face Aleister Black.
- Ember Moon gets a video, again focused on her finisher. We’re reminded again about her match with Peyton next week.
- Asuka (c) vs. Ruby Riot vs. Nikki Cross’ Triple Threat elimination match for the Women’s title ends in no contest after Nikki Cross eliminated Ruby Riot via pinfall following a rope-hung spinning neckbreaker and Cross & the champ brawled to the parking lot, and back to the dressing area (where Nikki dunks Asuka in a cooler), before returning to the arena to smash each other off the announce desk and brawl into the tech area where a dive off the barricade by Cross sends them both through a table. Referees, Steve Corino and Norman Smiley check on the unresponsive pair as the trademark symbol sends us out.