Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE 205 Live in its regular Tuesday night at 10PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
WWE’s confirmed that Austin Aries and Neville’s feud will be (at least) a trilogy, as the two men are set to fight for Neville’s title again at Extreme Rules. Until then, they’ll keep building the larger program between both men and the first Cruiserweight champ, TJP. The man we used to know by his full name wants a title shot of his own, but the King keeps stringing him along, saying they need to take care of A-Double first.
TJP gets another chance tonight, but look for his old nemesis - and Austin’s ally - Gentleman Jack Gallagher to be in the mix, as well. Jack has sworn to watch the injured Aries’ back (and knee) until Extreme Rules.
Plus, more of Drew Gulak’s quest to ground Mustafa Ali, the possible return of Cedric Alexander and more!
We'll post match results here, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever goes down on the WWE’s cruiserweight showcase - while it’s being broadcast!
Enjoy the show!
- Highlights of last night’s tag win for team Neville/TJP, and Neville’s locker room pep talk to his right-hand man where he again promises him a title shot for winning tonight, open the show
- Dasha Fuentes interviews Austin Aries. He says he knows what Neville is up to and that the King is lying to TJP. He vows to beat TJ tonight even with his knee injury, because Perkins isn’t on the A-Double level.
- Noam Dar (w/Alicia Fox) def. Gran Metalik via pinfall following a Supernova kick
- Replay of last week’s attack by The Brian Kendrick on Akira Tozawa leads to Tom Phillips & Corey Graves telling us they’ll face each other in a street fight on next week’s show
- Dasha catches up with Kendrick, who says his knowledge and expertise make him the favorite next week. He’s disappointed because Tozawa hasn’t learned from his lessons and instead is trying to please the fans. TBK hopes Akira got something from his teachings or he’s in trouble for their street fight.
- Another video package telling us Cedric Alexander will be back soon
- Mustafa Ali vs. Tony Nese never happens when Drew Gulak attacks Ali from behind during his entrance. After throwing him into the ring post, he holds him up for Nese to deliver the Running Nese - all while yelling at him that his risks don’t pay off, and that he’s making an example out of him for others.
- Rich Swann is interviewed by Dasha. He says he’s not worried about any plans Dar & Foxy have for him. A delivery man tries to give him a package, but Swann says it’s for Ariya Daivari and directs him down the hall. Daivari walks away from the box, but when Jack Gallagher picks it up, Ariya takes it back. Powder explodes on him, and he complains about his expensive shirt being ruined.
- Graves & Phillips tell us WWE doctors cleared Aries for the main event despite his knee injury.
- Austin Aries def. TJP via submission with Last Chancery
- Post-match, Neville attacks, wrapping Aries’ injured leg around the ringpost and locking in his own submission, Rings of Saturn. Jack Gallagher runs in, clearing the champ out with William III and a headbutt. He checks on A-Double as the heels look on.