Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- GLORIOUS! Our champion is here to open the show. Bobby Roode tells Full Sail that, for the second straight year, NXT is Glorious because of him. He personally sold out the Amway Center, and treated the fans at TakeOver: Orlando to a front-row seat to the biggest draw in the business. On April 1, he also snuffed out the last star from the old NXT, and the transformation of the brand was finally complete. Last week, he had to watch Shinsuke Nakamura walk to HIS ring, while all the wrestlers came out to say goodbye, and the crowd sang his pathetic song. But we didn’t see Bobby Roode! He wasn’t gonna standing there like a moron like everyone else, because he wasn’t gonna listen to the lie Nakamura was telling. Shinsuke didn’t leave NXT - Roode embarrassed him so bad he ran out of NXT. It made him physically ill listening to fans cheer and chant for Nak when HE’S THE CHAMP. None of the fans deserve to be in his NXT; none of the wrestlers in the back belong in his NXT. So from now on we have two choices: get on board or hit the bricks!
- HIDEO ITAMI’S MUSIC HITS! He comes down to the ring, looking pissed (but good in a suit) while Roode laughs. He slaps the champ! Roode says “oh, you want to mess with the champ, huh?” and takes his coat off and starts rolling up his sleeves. While he’s running his mouth, Hideo puts him on his shoulders for THE GTS! Itami stands over the champion and picks up the belt to stare at it before laying it down next to an unconcious Roode.
- After we’re reminded about the women’s tag and steel cage matches tonight, Kayla Braxton informs us we have a UK title match next week. She interviews champ Tyler Bate and challenger - Jack Gallagher. They cordially compliment each other, but then things get a little testy when Bate says he’s looking forward to successfully defending his championship next week.
- Roode is still in the ring selling the GTS. Numerous officials check on the champ, who stumbles out of the ring.
- Heavy Machinery’s workout video from earlier today is shown, establishing tensions between Andrade “Cien” Almas and Drew McIntyre for next week.
- Andrade “Cien” Almas def. Danny Burch via pinfall following a Hammerlock DDT
- Great video package putting over Asuka’s run, but also with Ember Moon, Peyton Royce/Billie Kay, Liv Morgan and Ruby Riot claiming they will be the one to finally dethrone the overconfident Empress
- Recap of the long Tye Dillinger vs. SAnitY feud hyping tonight’s main event
- Liv Morgan & Aliyah def. Peyton Royce & Billie Kay via pinfall (Aliyah on Royce via a roll-up)
- Tom Phillips, Nigel McGuinness & Percy Watson inform us next week will feature Aleister Black in action, McIntyre vs. Almas and Bate vs. Gallagher for the UK title
Tye Dillinger def. Eric Young in a steel cage match via escape
- Tye gets right into, not letting EY finish his entrance before he attacks
- Young with an elbow drop off the top; he’s busted open
- Dillinger counters to a Tye-Breaker, but Alexander Wolfe, Killain Dain & Nikki Cross hit ringside to slam the door in his face
- Kassius Ohno and Roderick Strong run-in to even the odds
- Dain joins his boss in the cage, but Tye hits a cross-body from the top of the cage to take them both out
- Dillinger crawls to the door and wins, then celebrates on Roddy & KO’s shoulders while Full Sail chants “TEN”