We knew this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw would kick off with Braun Strowman making his presence felt just days after he battered and beat down Roman Reigns. What we didn’t know was what he would say, or what General Manager Kurt Angle would do about it.
What he said: He’s awful proud of what he did to Reigns.
What Angle did about it: Booked a match between the two for the upcoming Payback pay-per-view (PPV) on Sun., April 30, 2017, at the SAP Center in San Jose, California.
Per #Raw General Manager @RealKurtAngle, #TheBigDog @WWERomanReigns will be out for PAYBACK against @BraunStrowman in two weeks! #WWEPayback pic.twitter.com/0iWMvl4jqx— WWE (@WWE) April 18, 2017
As of this writing, they have not added a stipulation to the match, though it would make sense to incorporate an ambulance, or go with Last Man Standing, or something befitting the angle they ran last week.
The updated Payback match card:
- Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt (WWE championship)
- Hardy Men vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (Raw tag team championship)
- Neville vs. Austin Aries (Cruiserweight championship)
- Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (US championship)
- Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe
- Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman