There is no doubt that the Usos have been one of the most prominently featured tag teams in WWE over the last few years. It was just three years ago that Jimmy and Jey captured the WWE tag team championship for the first time by defeating the New Age Outlaws on Raw, and they have been positioned near the top of the division ever since that point.
That’s why it seems so crazy to me that the Usos have never actually wrestled on the main card of any WrestleMania event.
The disappointing truth is that the Usos have been strictly relegated to pre-show duties at WrestleMania. Their resume includes the following pre-show matches:
- WrestleMania 28: Epico & Primo vs. Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd vs. The Usos in a triple threat match for the WWE tag team championship
- WrestleMania 30: The Usos vs. Cesaro & Jack Swagger vs. Rybaxel vs. Los Matadores in a Fatal 4-way elimination match for the WWE tag team championship
- WrestleMania 31: Cesaro & Tyson Kidd vs. The Usos vs. New Day vs. Los Matadores in a Fatal 4-way match for the WWE tag team championship
- WrestleMania 31: Jimmy Uso competed in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
- WrestleMania 32: The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz
Fans of the Usos are probably frustrated to see that their favorite team never gets booked onto the main card of WrestleMania. It seems pretty likely that this pattern will continue at WrestleMania 33, where it’s not a lock that the Usos will even make it onto the pre-show.
The bigger picture conclusion here might be that the tag team titles simply aren’t important enough for the main card of WrestleMania anymore in this era of multiple part-timers filling up precious space on the card.
There you have it, Cagesiders. Do you think the Usos deserve better than this?