Along with this week's SmackDown, WWE filmed their annual Tribute to the Troops special yesterday (Dec. 5) in San Diego.
The event - this year's version of which will air on Thursday, December 14 at 8PM on USA Network as part of their “WWE Holiday Week” - is focused on giving something back to American military servicepeople and their families (and the resultant good public relations for WWE). It used to be booked kind of like a house show as a result, but for the last several years, it’s been brought more closely into the company’s storylines.
With the special airing just days before the blue brand's Clash of Champions pay-per-view (PPV) - and with Raw having lots of time to burn before their next event - this year’s show definitely is in-continuity.
So if you want to know what matches we’ll be getting, and who wins, here are some results, courtesy of fan reports sent to PWInsider and PW Torch:
- The Shield (Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins) def. The Bar (Cesaro and Sheamus) and Samoa Joe
- Absolution (Paige, Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose) def. Bayley, Mickie James and Sasha Banks
- Charlotte Flair def. Ruby Riott
- New Day (no word on which two members were official) and The Usos def. Rusev, Aiden English, Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin
- AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and Randy Orton def. Jinder Mahal, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens
Machine Gun Kelly performed multiple songs. JBL returned to do commentary with Michael Cole and Byron Saxton. Sgt. Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat and Mark Henry were in attendance, along with Triple H and Vince McMahon.
This may not be the broadcast order of matches - Raw’s stars were apparently on first so they could leave as quickly as possible for their flights to the Middle East for this weekend’s tour.
Worth tuning in for? Let us know what you think below.