It’s time to hang a new calendar, and that means list time is in full swing here on the the world wide web. WWE.com is at it again with “10 under-the-radar classics from 2017 you may have forgotten”... otherwise known as their picks for the most underrated matches of the year.
No word on whether or not we’ll be getting a 10 most overrated matches of the year (although many would argue that the website’s top 25 list for 2017 includes a number of contests for which WWE didn’t offer a fair evaluation), but there’s plenty to chew on in this one - both in terms of really good matches you may have forgotten in the sea of really good matches we got in 2017, and ones that were probably properly rated and best forgotten.
Give it a look and let us know what you think:
- Randy Orton vs. Harper at Elimination Chamber
- Neville and Gentleman Jack Gallagher’s Cruiserweight championship match at Fastlane
- Alexa Bliss and Mickie James’ Raw Women’s championship match at TLC
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler on the June 20 SmackDown LIVE
- Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III
- Sami Zayn and Braun Strowman’s Last Man Standing match on the Jan. 2 Raw
- Enzo Amore and Kalisto’s Cruiserweight championship Lumberjack Match on the Oct. 9 Raw
- The Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match from SmackDown on June 27
- Pete Dunne vs. Mark Andrews in the United Kingdom Championship Tournament semifinals
- Kairi Sane vs. Bianca Belair in the second round of the Mae Young Classic
I’ve sung the praises of a couple of these myself over the last 365, and I know my man Kyle Decker has a post coming which will encourage you to take a deeper dive into the story which surrounded another. There’s definitely a few others I would not encourage folks to seek out again (or that I honestly can not remember), so...
What do you make of these ten choices, Cagesiders?