Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson welcome us to the final NXT of 2017, reminding us about our big main event.
- Street Profits vs. Chris Star and Riley Apex via pinfall (Frog Splash by Montez Ford on... one of their opponents); total squash
- Ford and Angelo Dawkins head into the crowd with mics. In 2017 they came and they saw. In 2018, they’ll conquer. They run down the tag title scene: Authors of Pain (“cool vests”), SAnitY and champs Undisputed ERA and say they’re here for the belts in the new year.
- Ember Moon def. Sonya Deville via pinfall following Eclipse to retain the NXT Women’s title; early standstill off some lock-ups, although Deville does get the ankle lock for a moment. The champ drop kicks the challenger to the outside and eventually follows that with a cannonball off the apron as we go to break. Upon return, the challenger is in command, using her power to control the action in the ring. Ember reverses a waistlock by wheelbarrowing her opponent face first into the turnbuckle. Stiff strikes from Moon earn a nearfall, but Sonya drops a knee for a two count of her own. Springboard dropkick from the champ sets up her finisher though.
- While Moon celebrates, Kairi Sane’s music hits and The Pirate Princess strolls on stage with her spyglass. She’s gestures for the belt and Moon agrees from the ring. SHAYNA BASZLER IS HERE! She walks up behind Sane and locks in a rear-naked choke. Kairi taps but The Queen of Spades won’t let go until officials force her to. Shayna stares at Ember while the refs check on the Mae Young winner.
- Paul Ellering runs down the history of Authors of Pain while Akam and Rezar fume behind him. He says Undisputed ERA won’t write their next chapter. They are NXT, and Adam Cole, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly are on borrowed time.
- Christy St. Cloud stops Ember backstage and asks about what happened after her win. She knew the title put a target on her back, and she’s ready for whatever and whoever. She doesn’t care if it’s Baszler or Sane, they just need to step into the ring next time and the champ will face them.
- Video package recapping the #1 contender series, and how each of the men in the Fatal 4Way earned their spot (Killian Dain over Trent Seven; Johnny Gargano replacing the injured Velveteen Dream to beat Kassius Ohno; Aleister Black defeating Adam Cole and Lars Sullivan taking out Roderick Strong).
- Next week, Kayla Braxton and Mike Rome host a two hour 2017 Year in Review special; in two weeks, SAnitY is exercising their tag title rematch against Fish and O’Reilly (in the first episode from Center Stage in Atlanta)
- Johnny Gargano def. Lars Sullivan, Aleister Black and Killian Dain in a Fatal 4Way to become the #1 contender for Andrade “Cien” Almas’ NXT Championship at TakeOver: Philadelphia; Black got the best of the initial melee, but a moonsault on Sullivan backfires when Lars catches him and throws him to the ramp. The same thing happens to Gargano on a dive, but Dain eventually flattens his fellow hoss as we get a commercial. After the break, Lars throws Black into the announce area, then throws Johnny on top of him. He then clears the desk and tries to powerbomb Johnny through it, but he grabs onto the set. Aleister and Johnny team up to put Sullivan across the table, and dodge as Dain leaps from the stage onto Lars, collapsing the desk! Back in the ring, staredown between Aleister and Johnny. After eating a kick on the slingshot spear, Johnny fights back to lock in Garga-No Escape, but Dain hits them with a senton before Black considers tapping. The Beast of Belfast throws them around, but eventually Gargano and Black team up to powerbomb Killian from the top rope. Sullivan makes it to his feet with everyone laid out in the ring, and runs through Johnny and Aleister when they try to take him down. He throws Black out, then hits Freak Accident on Gargano, but Dain breaks it up. Lars throws Johnny out so we can have a HOSS FIGHT. That’s a draw until Black returns to kick both of their heads off. He gets Black Mass on Sullivan when the tag champs run in and grab him. He takes them down, but Undisputed ERA’s leader arrives! Aleister misses a running knee and hits the apron, setting Adam Cole up for the neckbreaker. Gargano dives on Cole, rolls Black in and then counters attacks by the big men into the stairs. Back on the apron, DDT over the top, hooks the leg and JOHNNY DID IT!