Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE 205 Live in its regular Tuesday night at 10PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Cedric Alexander beat Drew Gulak to become the new #1 contender on Raw, but that might be the least of Cruiserweight champ Enzo Amore’s problems.
Sure, he’s in lust with Nia Jax and the feeling is mutual, but that’s leaving his right hand man Drew Gulak - already feeling conflicted after Zo led an assault on his Team Powerpoint partner Tony Nese - feeling left out in the cold.
And now he’s got former Pro Wrestling NOAH and NXT asskicker Hideo Itami to worry about, too. And rumors say Itami might not be the only new face in the division...
We'll post match results and plot developments here. And this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever goes down on the WWE’s cruiserweight showcase - while it’s being broadcast!
Enjoy the show!
- Highlights of Cedric Alexander winning the #1 contender match from last night kick us off; he gets his shot at WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore next week
- Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness bring us in with a reminder that Hideo Itami is here to put the division on notice, and news that Drew Gulak and Alexander will rematch tonight
- Entrance promo from the heels in our first match, as Kendrick and Gallagher tell Gran Metalik they didn’t have any issues with him until he got involved in their issues with Kalisto
- Kalisto and Gran Metalik def. The Brian Kendrick and Gentleman Jack Gallagher via disqualification; Kalisto had Jack pinned with a Salida del Sol, but TBK broke it up and put the boots to Kalisto until the referee called it. Afterwards, the beating continued, and Gran Metalik got his knee crushed between the ring post and the stairs by a Kendrick drop kick.
"They call him the #Kingoftheropes for a reason!" @WWEGranMetalik #205Live pic.twitter.com/uw2fXc9snu— WWE (@WWE) December 20, 2017
- Locker room meeting with what’s left of The Zo Train. Enzo says tonight was supposed to be a celebration, but now he has to lay into Drew and Ariya Daivari for letting Cedric win last night. Gulak promises to annihilate Alexander tonight.
"Tonight I'm going to beat @CedricAlexander..." -@DrewGulak #205Live pic.twitter.com/y4Ok8SPkzY— WWE (@WWE) December 20, 2017
- Hideo Itami def. Colin Delaney via pinfall following a GTS; introductory squash. Hideo demanded respect when he was kicking Delaney’s head off, so maybe after a brief face turn with Finn Bálor on Raw, he’s back to his NXT heel character?
GO. TO. SLEEP!@HideoItami EARNS respect as he picks up the victory in his #205Live debut! @WWENetwork @WWE205Live pic.twitter.com/GMhZ2Aaues— WWE (@WWE) December 20, 2017
- Flashback to Tony Nese getting beaten out of the group by Enzo, Ariya and eventually Drew last Tuesday
- Dasha Fuentes interviews Amore about that scene. He starts to deliver a spiel about it being a learning experience for his team when Cedric cuts him off. Zo calls the #1 contender “Second Chance” since he needed two tries to qualify to face Gulak; Alexander fires back that Enzo should try fighting his battles without the train. He says there’s only one word to describe the Certified G and he walks off. Amore says “yeah - champion”.
- Before the main, Drew and Zo are out. Gulak says there’s no time for Powerpoint tonight, it’s time for action. He’s going to take out Alexander and prove to his “mentor” that he means it when he says no one messes with The Zo Train!
Incredible. pic.twitter.com/vkY9dVXqYJ— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) December 20, 2017
- Cedric Alexander def. Drew Gulak via pinfall following a Lumbar Check. Ced barely escaped an ankle lock transitioned into a STF by reaching the ropes, an after he does he pulled Drew to the apron. When he brought him back up to the top, Gulak fought him off but then got nervous not having his feet on the ground and gets pulled into the finish.
- The champ is pissed and tries to talk some smack to the #1 contender while Daivari attacks from behind, but Alexander sniffs it out and hits him with a lumbar check, too.
"YOUR TURN... GET IN HERE NOW!" -@CedricAlexander #205Live pic.twitter.com/LULFABuMsx— WWE (@WWE) December 20, 2017