Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE 205 Live in its regular Tuesday night at 10PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Last Tuesday, the not-so-gentlemanly Jack Gallagher and The Brian Kendrick said they were giving Cedric Alexander until tonight to decided if was going to come over to the dark side before Jack faced his buddy Rich Swann.
Presumably that match is still on, but the contest announced on Monday Night Raw was a Halloween-themed bout pitting Gran Metalik, Mustafa Ali, Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari against one another. Considering the first two names have been allied with Kalisto, while the latter two are on Cruiserweight champ Enzo Amore’s squad, we could learn more about the division’s Survivor Series plans coming out of this Fright Night Fatal 4Way.
We'll post match results and plot developments here. And this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever goes down on the WWE’s cruiserweight showcase - while it’s being broadcast!
Enjoy the show!
- Drew Gulak’s issues with Akira Tozawa are recapped before the opening theme
- Vic Joseph welcomes us to the spookiest edition of 205 Live ever; Nigel McGuinness breaks down Cedric’s choice between cruelty and loyalty (and that Rich Swann is facing Kendrick not Gallagher) and Joseph tees up the 4Way main event
- Gulak is here! He wants to know “where my ghouls at?” He bets Norfolk likes that, just like they like Akira Tozawa’s “AH!” chant. Tonight, he’s going to end Tozawa, but first, he needs to address something else - Halloween. We join him on a curiosity voyage to Drew-topia, with his plan for a better Halloween, explained via his POWERPOINT PRESENTATION! Proposal #1 - No candy (try sweet potatoes instead); Proposal #2 - No trick ‘r’ treating... sadly, before we can get the other 45 slides, his opponent is here
- Akira Tozawa def. Drew Gulak via pinfall following a top rope senton; Gulak targeted the throat and neck area, but Tozawa fought through it to get revenge for the attack from Drew that injured him
- A shortened version of The Brian Kendrick and Jack Gallagher’s ultimatum to Alexander last week is played; Cedric approaches Rich in the locker room, and says he can’t believe the heels thought he’d abandon his friend. Swann says he didn’t even listen to Kendrick and Gallagher last week, and Alexander says he has to, because they called him a clown. Rich doesn’t care, which upsets Ced. He thinks you have to stand up to people who run you down. But if Jack and TBK want a clown, Alexander says they’ll give them a clown. He hands Swann a red nose, and the former champ nods knowingly.
- Mustafa Ali gets a pre-recorded interview about how hard it was to avoid monsters trick ‘r’ treating in his hometown of Chicago, but he learned an important lesson... always get your candy. He holds up a jack o’ lantern bucket and smiles (not sure what the point of this was. It was not good).
- After a recap of last night’s Raw segment, we’re informed Kalisto will get another shot at regaining the Cruiserweight title from Enzo Amore at Survivor Series
- Cedric comes out in clown make-up, and then calls for Swann, who’s in full costume, red nose, wig, etc... yeah. The announcers claim it’s “mind games”. Rich offers a test of strength, then dances as Kendrick fumes. Rich is gonna work with giant hands and the whole get-up, apparently.
- Rich Swann def. The Brian Kendrick via pinfall following a Phoenix Splash; Gallagher tried to interfere near the end, but Cedric cut him off. That allowed Swann to flip through a Sliced Bread #2 attempt and hit his own finisher.
- Gran Metalik promo (en español) points out it is the start of Dia De Los Muertos, and he invited his ancestors to watch his performance tonight, as he plans to honor them with his performance.
- The ring has been decorated with pumpkins and skeletons for the main event, and there’s a table with candy corn-colored kendo sticks, candy and other plunder on the floor. Daivari enters with a mic to tell us a horror story. The cruiserweight division was on the verge of disappearing, zeros were disappearing from bank accounts - 205 Live was cursed. But there was knock on the door, and he was the one brave enough to open it for Enzo Amore. Now Daivari Dinero’s bank account is open, too. He starts to run down Virginia in Farsi when Ali’s music hits.
- Mustafa Ali def. Gran Metalik, Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari (via pinfall with a broomstick-aided leg drop from the top on Daivari); pumpkin pies, candy corn and more came into play during this Fright Night Fatal 4Way