Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- Prior to the opening video, General Manager William Regal informs us that - due to the circumstances by which she was taken out of her qualifying match, Nikki Cross will have another chance to earn a title show in Houston during tonight’s battle royal. Regal has also spoken to Undisputed ERA, SAnitY and Authors of Pain about last week’s show-closing melee and proper conduct at NXT. Next week, the Authors get their rematch, and whichever member of the champs isn’t officially in the match will be banned from ringside.
- Tino Sabatelli and Riddick Moss def. Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch via pinfall following a Gory Special set-up by Moss into a running bulldog from Sabatelli on Lorcan; after working over Burch, Oney came in hot, but was thrown into the turnbuckle by Riddick. The finish came after Burch was blasted off the apron.
- Mauro Ranallo recaps Taynara Conti’s Undisputed ERA-influenced interference in the first Triple Threat qualifier, and then catches us up on three women already entered into TakeOver’s championship match. Mike Rome is in the ring to handle introductions for the battle royal (Candice LaRae, Billie Kay (w/ Peyton Royce) and Nikki were the final entrants announced after a commercial).
- Nikki Cross wins the battle royal to become the final competitor in TakeOver: War Games Women’s title Fatal 4Way; after the first elimination, Taynara and Royce attacked Cross, taking her out of the action for a time and setting her up for a big house-cleaning comeback mid-way through the match; signature spots included Bianca Belair press slamming LaRae to the floor and Billie Kay saving herself with Belair’s hair before being whipped by it; order of eliminations: Conti (by Cross), Rhea Ripley and Zeda (by Belair), Dakota Kai (by Sage Beckett), Reina González (by Santana Garrett), Aliyah (by Beckett), Vanessa Borne, Beckett, Garrett and Abbey Laith (by Cross), Sarah Logan (by Mercedes Martinez), Lacey Evans (by LaRae), LaRae (by Belair), Belair, Martinez and Billie Kay (by Cross)
- Regal comes out to the room with the belt. Royce gets in the ring and shouts at Cross. Ember Moon and Kairi Sane enter for a photo op that somehow remains civil.
- Earlier this week, Drew McIntyre was leaving the Performance Center on his way to an international promotional tour. The media stops him, but befoe he can give them an offical statement, Zelina Vega cuts him off, wanting to know where the contract for Andrade “Cien” Almas’ title match is. The champ tells her again that if Almas wants it, he needs to look him in the eye and ask himself like Roderick Strong did. Then he’ll say “gracias”, but until then, he tells her “adios”. Vega is not interested in talking to the media after McIntrye walks off.
- Aleister Black’s match never starts as Velveteen Dream appears behind him during his entrance. He throws him into the ring steps and ties him up in the ropes, slapping him and demanding Black SAY HIS NAME. Aleister stares at him but doesn’t say anything. Dream runs the ropes to charge, but Black gets a foot up. He breaks loose, but VD dodges Black Mass and exits up the rope, signaling to Aleister that he almost had him.
- After a reminder about next week’s tag title match, and then it’s main event time!
- Vega escorts her associate to the ring, and grabs a mic. She says she didn’t reach her level of success by being a patient woman. It’s been a week, and they still don’t have an answer about a title match from Drew McIntyre. She gives the champ credit for climbing the mountain, but as he found out last time he was in WWE, it gets harder to breathe the higher you climb. McIntyre is ducking Cien, but he’ll find out - just like Roddy Strong is about to discover - that they’re not fit to share the championship air with Andrade.
- Andrade “Cien” Almas def. Roderick Strong via pinfall following a hammerlock DDT; really good back and forth match ended after it looked like Strong had taken control, but ZELINA LEAPT OFF THE APRON TO HIT RODDY WITH A HURRICANRANA INTO THE RING STEPS!
- The heels make their way to the announce table. Zelina takes Mauro’s headset to say that next week, they’ll find out if McIntyre is a man of his word. Almas will meet him in the ring to ask for his title shot. Andrade gets on the mic to say he thinks Drew is scared, and something else in Spanish.
- BUT THAT’S NOT ALL! While Strong is doing some soul-searching in the ring, Undisputed ERA’s music hits. Adam Cole says they know Roddy isn’t a loser, but he need to join them and be part of their era. He offers an armband with their logo, and Strong takes it! Cole, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly tell him to think it over. Roddy doesn’t look convinced, but hold the band as he watches them leave.