Is this real life? On Sunday at TLC 48-year-old Kurt Angle will return to a WWE ring for the first time since August 8, 2006. News broke Friday (Oct. 20) that Angle would replace a sick Roman Reigns in the main event match.
Angle joins Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose in a tables, ladders and chairs match vs. Braun Strowman, Kane, The Miz, Cesaro, and Sheamus.
It’s the year 2017 and Kurt Angle and Kane are both occupying WWE main event spots.
Going from the semi-retired Raw General Manager position to active main event wrestler spot with just 48 hours until the pay-per-view goes live has Angle pretty excited.
So the WWE solves one problem before Sunday’s event but opens a box full of follow-up questions regarding Kurt Angle.
- How did the Angle get medically cleared to wrestle so fast?
- Does this mean Angle will be available to wrestle again in the near future?
- What kind of wrestling shape is the 2017 version of Kurt Angle?
- If Angle was plan “A”, what was the WWE’s plan “B” after Roman Reigns was ruled out?
- Is there a good chance Team Big Red Awesome Monster Bar attacks Angle before the match to take him out of the match?
Bonus question: If Team Big Red Awesome Monster Bar were smart shouldn’t they take out Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose before the match, thus forcing a rusty Kurt Angle to carry more of the load?