Here's a place to check results and comment along with the latest airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out our Wednesday morning preview post to get caught up on what's been happening, and what we expect this week.
We'll post match results here, and we will also have our regular reactions post later. In the meantime, and most importantly, this gives you Cagesiders a dedicated place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on WWE’s third brand - during its initial broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but many Cagesiders don't partake. If you are going to post or discuss spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
- Our pre-intro video recaps Asuka’s farewell and the set-up for the qualifiers to decide Kairi Sane’s three opponents at TakeOver: Houston (as it’s still called at this point)
- Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson talk tonight’s card and our opener as the first participants in the first Triple Threat qualifier enter
- Peyton Royce def. Nikki Cross and Liv Morgan via pinfall (on Cross following a fisherman’s suplex into a bridge) for the second spot in TakeOver: War Games Women’s title Fatal 4Way; Undisputed Era brought Taynara Conti out mid-match, and coached her up to interfere with the woman from SAnitY, pulling Nikki out when she had a chance to cover one of her opponents. The second time that happened, Cross gave chase and ran right into a spinning heel kick from Peyton, setting up the suplex.
- Velveteen Dream def. Lio Rush via pinfall following a Purple Rainmaker; Rush got in a bit of crowd-pleasing offense before Dream ended him. VD continued to taunt/demand Aleister Black acknowledge him while celebrating/gyrating around after the match.
- Lars Sullivan def. Danny Burch via pinfall following a spinning/side spinebuster; Burch fired up with strikes a couple times, but to no avail, and he got smashed.
- Recap of what happened after last week’s main event (Undisputed Era approaching Roderick Strong) as we learn about we’ll get an exclusive interview with NXT champ Drew McIntyre next week.
- Street Profits def. Marcos Espada and Daniel Smith (???) via pinfall following the spinebuster/frog splash combo; quick squash notable for Montez Ford’s pre-finisher hype. He and Angelo Dawkins grabbed mics after the win, but only used them to celebrate with some chants in the crowd.
- Next week’s Women’s title qualifier will feature Ruby Riot, Ember Moon and Sonya Deville. We’ll also get a six-man between SAnitY and Undisputed Era.
- Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas def. Johnny Gargano via pinfall following a hammerlock DDT; another great showing from these two. The finish was set-up by Zelina Vega taking off her leather jacket to reveal a #DIY shirt when Johnny had the Garga-No Escape locked in. He wasn’t shaken by it, but the distraction of telling her that left Andrade reach the ropes. They also jawed when she hoped up on the apron gave Almas an opening for a small package, but Johnny kicked out. Cien countered another attempted Garga-No Escape and sent Gargano face first into the bottom turnbuckle. He delivered two running knees to the back of Johnny’s head before hitting his finisher.