The next pay-per-view (PPV) on the WWE schedule is the Backlash show set to take place on Sun., Sept. 11, 2016, at the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia. This will be the first SmackDown Live exclusive event since the brand split.
We're now just one week out from showtime and this is how the card looks right now:
- Dean Ambrose vs. AJ Styles (WWE world heavyweight championship)
Styles earned this match by defeating John Cena at SummerSlam. They teased Dolph Ziggler being added to make it a triple threat but he lost yet again, so we’re getting a straight singles match. There hasn’t been much to it otherwise.
- Nikki Bella vs. Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Carmella vs. Natalya vs. Naomi (SmackDown women’s championship)
To introduce a women’s title to the blue brand, a Six-Pack Challenge was booked featuring every female on the roster outside of the recently suspended Eva Marie.
- Tag team tournament final (SmackDown tag team championship)
This is how they’ll introduce tag team titles to the blue brand, with the tournament already underway. Teams remaining, as of this writing: The Usos, American Alpha, Hype Bros, Vaudevillains, Heath Slater & Rhyno, and a mystery team.
- Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton
While Orton was saying he would eventually see Brock Lesnar again someday, Wyatt interrupted to serenade the serpent with his sermon. Naturally, a match was made not long after.
- The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler (Intercontinental championship)
Because Daniel Bryan cannot wrestle, WWE decided to have him get away from The Miz and put Ziggler in his place.
That’s it for the card so far. You interested?