WWE SummerSlam is all set to pop off tonight (Sun., Aug. 21, 2016) from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York at 5:00 p.m. ET, live on the WWE Network. You may also be able to watch this on pay-per-view (PPV) if your cable provider is carrying the event.
CagesideSeats.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, match-by-match coverage of SummerSlam below, beginning with the first match of the evening and right on through to the main event.
Kick your off your shoes, relax, and enjoy all the action with your favorite pro wrestling website. And remember to keep refreshing! Note: To get in on the conversation on this show, visit our open thread here.
WWE SUMMERSLAM QUICK RESULTS
Brock Lesnar def. Randy Orton
Finn Balor def. Seth Rollins; wins Universal Championship
Dean Ambrose def. Dolph Ziggler; retains WWE World Championship
AJ Styles def John Cena
Rusev vs. Roman Reigns
Charlotte def Sasha Banks; wins Women's Championship
The Club def New Day by DQ; New Day retains
JeriKO def Enzo & Cass
The Miz def. Apollo Crews; retains Intercontinental Championship
Sheamus vs Cesaro (Preshow)
Natalya, Alexa Bliss, and NIKKI BELLA def Becky Lynch, Naomi, and Carmella
Sami Zayn & Neville def. The Dudley Boyz (Preshow)
American Alpha & Hype Bros & Usos def. Breezango & The Ascension & The Vaudevillains (Preshow)
WWE SUMMERSLAM LIVE BLOG & MATCH COVERAGE
Chris here...and I have a brief message. Due to work and life being...well, life, this is going to be my final live blog with you all. You know, it's funny: I started with SummerSlam 2014, and I'm finishing with SummerSlam 2016. Don't you all worry, I'm still gonna be a regular presence around here.
It's been a hell of a ride, so for the final time, let's do this...
- The preshow panel consists of Booker T, Jerry Lawler, and Lita. Tom Phillips is in the Social Media Lounge and says that Sasha Banks will be joining him later for some Q&A.
- Tom Phillips interviews JeriKO. Kevin Owens puts his arm around Phillips as Chris Jericho trashes him a bit. Jericho apologizes to Enzo Amore for saying that he couldn't be a certified G - in fact, it is possible to become a certified G, and Jericho went and took the test. Jericho tells Owens to show Phillips the certificate, but Owens doesn't have it. Jericho says that you can't teach chemistry, but Owens says that you can.
- Owens says that JeriKO is gonna beat Enzo & Cass, and Jericho says that they're gonna take everything from Enzo & Cass.
- Baron Corbin blesses the preshow table with his presence and complains about Kalisto backing out of a match that they had. Corbin tells Kalisto that he's gonna put him on the couch permanently. Corbin ends by saying something in Spanish.
- Note: I went out for food during the preshow, so I missed the Sasha Banks interview in the Social Media Lounge.
The Vaudevillains, The Ascension, Breezango vs The Hype Bros, American Alpha, and The Usos
This was a pretty fun match, but if you watched SmackDown on Thursday, you already saw it. The faces won after The Usos hit the splash after American Alpha hit Grand Amplitude. I should note that the finished caused American Alpha to get a little irritated with The Usos
The Hype Bros, American Alpha, and The Usos def The Vaudevillains, The Ascension, and Breezango
Sami Zayn and Neville vs The Dudley Boyz
I missed a little bit of this one as I was getting some dinner. From what I got, this was a decent match that saw the Dudleys lose via yet another miscommunication when Bubba Ray clotheslined D-Von. This led to Bubba Ray eating a Helluva Kick and Red Arrow
Sami Zayn and Neville def The Dudley Boyz
Sheamus vs Cesaro (Best-of-7)
As with the last few matches these guys have had, this was a really good, hard-hitting affair with some really fun sequences, including a cool double-jump crossbody by Cesaro from the bigger ring post. In the end, Sheamus reversed a Sharpshooter attempt by poking Cesaro's eye before landing a Brogue Kick to win.
Sheamus def Cesaro, Sheamus up 1-0
WWE Signature and a video package hyping the second SummerSlam in Brooklyn.
Opening pyro and this thing is rolling.
Enzo & Cass vs JeriKO
- Enzo & Cass are just slightly over in Brooklyn. Just thought I'd make that clear. Enzo does a promo putting over New York City before both he and Cass rip JeriKO before Cass calls them SAWFT.
- Enzo starts as Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens immediately gang up on him. Jericho stays in the ring to inflict more damage as Owens casually exits. Jericho panders to the crowd a bit, allowing Enzo to hit a cross-body and a running fist for two.
- Enzo tags in Cass, who runs and throws Owens (who gets tagged) into the ring for some punishment. Owens tries to put some Headlock City on Cass, but Cass simply throws him off. Cass then slams Owens, tags Enzo, and slams him into Owens for two.
- Enzo is stunned for a moment as Jericho is tagged in. This doesn't last long as Cass is tagged in and Enzo is thrown into Jericho. Owens is whipped into Jericho and Cass tries to throw Enzo on them, but they roll out of the ring. Unfazed, Cass simply throws Enzo out of the ring onto JeriKO.
- Enzo does some mounted punches on Jericho before Owens provides a distraction. This allows Jericho to jump off the turnbuckle with a boot for two. As Jericho takes control, Owens mocks Enzo's moonwalk mannerisms on the apron, sparking legit laughter from the crowd.
- JeriKO hold control of Enzo for a long time, even after Enzo almost tagging Cass in (Enzo ate a KO frog splash for his troubles). After blowing Jericho a kiss, Owens misses a cannonball, allowing Cass to be tagged in.
- Cass enters and goes on a huge rampage, including decapitating Owens with a big boot and hitting an Empire Elbow on Jericho. Cass goes for a corner splash and eats boot from Jericho, who tries to follow up with an axe handle. Jericho eats boot for that.
- Enzo & Cass go for their finish, but Owens stops it by holding Enzo down. Cass chases Owens outside but is driven into the ring post. Owens follows with a cannonball.
- Inside, Enzo hits his falling DDT thing on Jericho for two as Owens breaks the pin. Enzo works over Owens for a moment before Owens goes for a pop-up powerbomb. Enzo goes over Owens, but falls right into a Codebreaker to get JeriKO the win.
JeriKO def Enzo & Cass
Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan are walking when they run into Mick Foley. The three chat about what will happen tonight before Jon Stewart and his son come in. They chat for a few moments until Stewart freaks out about Mick working with Stephanie McMahon......until Mick reminds Stewart that Steph is right behind him. Steph asks the operative question: What good is power if you can't abuse it?
On cue, a trombone is blown and Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston come out to spread some positivity.
Sasha Banks vs Charlotte (WWE Women's Championship)
- The two tie up and quickly break in the corner. Charlotte woos before Sasha smacks her and locks in a headlock. Charlotte whips Sasha who comes back with a hurricanrana. She then goes for an early Banks Statement, but Charlotte escapes.
- Both women go for a couple roll-ups, but Sasha eventually hits Charlotte in the chest before slamming Charlotte face-first into the turnbuckle. Charlotte recovers, drapes Sasha across the turnbuckle, and chokes her. She then picks up Sasha and drops her for some sort of backbreaker for two - let's just say that Sasha lands on her neck.
- Charlotte takes advantage and starts working over Sasha's back, eventually locking in a Gory Special on Sasha. Sasha eventually breaks free and starts a comeback after a nasty knee. Charlotte is knocked down by a dropkick. Sasha tries to follow with her corner knees, but Charlotte stops her with a STO backbreaker before STOing her to the ground for two.
- Charlotte continues the work on Sasha's back with some hard knees. Charlotte goes for a superplex, but Sasha reverses with a top-rope hurricanana, but Charlotte reverses out of this and goes for a Figure Eight that Sasha escapes from.
- Sasha is soon strung into the tree of woe where Charlotte starts kicking her. Charlotte then sits Sasha on the turnbuckle and WAIT, IS SHE GOING FOR SPLASH MOUNTAIN?!?!? NO!!! SASHA REVERSES INTO A HUGE FRANKENSTEINER, LEAVING BOTH WOMEN DOWN!!!
- As both women get up, they start trading strikes. Charlotte chops Sasha and woos, prompting a flurry from Sasha. She goes for her knees, but Charlotte dodges, sending Sasha into the post. Charlotte goes for something, but has her shoulder driven into the ringpost, but wait, SASHA GETS UP TOP AND BOSTON CRAB ON THE TOP ROPE!!!
- After this, Sasha lands her knees into Charlotte's back. Sasha tries to follow-up, but Charlotte ends up on the apron and kicks Sasha into the corner.
- Both women start fighting on the turnbuckle as Charlotte goes for a superplex, but Sasha gets Charlotte onto the floor and HOLY DIVING METEORA FROM THE TOP TURNBUCKLE ONTO THE FLOOR!!!
- Sasha gets Charlotte back in and only gets a two count. Charlotte gets Sasha down and goes for Natural Selection, BUT SASHA REVERSES INTO THE BANKS STATEMENT!!! Charlotte eventually escapes and sets Sasha up and hits Natural Selection for a TWO COUNT!!! Charlotte protests to the ref and tries to pin her multiple times to no avail.
- Charlotte slaps Sasha a few times and whips her, but SASHA TURNS IT INTO A TILT-A-WHIRL BANKS STATEMENT!!! Sasha has it locked in very tightly but WAIT A MINUTE!!! CHARLOTTE SHIFTS HER WEIGHT AND SOMEHOW PINS SASHA DURING THE SUBMISSION TO WIN!
Charlotte def Sasha Banks; wins WWE Women's Championship
Backstage, Drs. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows are requiring more ringpostitis samples before AJ Styles come in and says that he's gonna BEAT UP JOHN CENA!!!
OH HOLD ON, FINN BALOR COMES IN!!! THEY ALL TRY TO TOO-SWEET HIM, BUT BALOR WALKS AWAY
The Miz vs Apollo Crews (Intercontinental Championship)
- The bell rings and Miz immediately attacks Crews, getting an early one count. Crews tries a dropkick, but Miz waves it away and hits a big DDT for two before locking in a chinlock.
- The Miz really keeps the attack on Crews on the outside, Crews is pushed back inside and Miz goes for an axe-handle, but Crews meets him with a dropkick. Crews then starts making a comeback with some fast rally moves. After a kip-up, he hits a sort-of Angle Slam for two.
- Miz gets up and tries to hit a Skull Crushing Finale, but Crews escapes, hits an enziguiri, and goes for a standing moonsault, but meets Miz's knees for two. He quickly gets up and hits a catch powerslam for two.
- Miz takes control and goes for a corner clothesline, but Crews catches him, suplexes him, and hits a standing moonsault for two. Miz goes a Skull Crushing Finale, but Crews escapes again and goes for his powerbomb. Miz slips out of the ring and starts to walk off.
- Crews gives chase and get Miz in the ring. As Crews enters, Maryse distracts him. This allows Miz to take advantage and hit the Skull Crushing Finale to win.
The Miz def Apollo Crews; retains Intercontinental Championship
AJ Styles vs John Cena
- The crowd is insanely hot as the bell rings. AJ and Cena tie up and jockey for position. They break before tying back up. They break again before AJ starts jawing at Cena. A third headlock occurs and AJ whips Cena. Cena rebounds a couple times before eating a big dropkick. Cena gets up as AJ taunts and is not impressed - a big right hand proves that.
- Cena whips AJ hard into the opposite corner, and does so again before saying that it's time to get serious. Cena beats AJ down as the crowd starts singing that Cena sucks.
- Cena goes for an AA on the apron, but AJ gets out and SUPLEXES HIM ONTO THE APRON!!!
- Cena gets back in and quickly recovers with an INSANE back drop for two. Cena follows with a chinlock. AJ gets out, but eats a Cena dropkick for two. Cena quickly follows with a snap suplex as the dueling Cena chants start. Cena beats AJ a bit with a big right hand and a headbutt. AJ starts to fight back with strikes of his own, eventually downing Cena and hitting a flying forearm.
- AJ goes for a corner splash, but Cena escapes and hits his shoulder tackles and Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena goes for the AA that AJ gets out of and PELE KICK AND STYLES CLASH.....FOR A TWO COUNT!!! CENA SOON FOLLOWS WITH AN AA, BUT ONLY GETS A CLOSE TWO COUNT AS AJ KICKS OUT!!!
- Cena get AJ on the turnbuckle and goes for a Super AA, AJ escapes and hits a torture rack powerbomb for two. Styles goes for another Styles Clash that Cena escapes and catapults AJ into the ring post. He then hits a scoop stunner (!!) for two.
- Cena goes for another AA that AJ escapes via a roll-through. Cena goes for the STF but AJ ESCAPES AND HITS HIS FIREMAN'S CARRY NECKBREAKER FOR TWO!!
- Cena is town and AJ goes for his springboard 450 splash, but NOBODY HOME AS CENA HITS A HUGE YOSHI TONIC FOR A VERY CLOSE TWO COUNT!!! Cena starts getting up and tries to figure out how to take AJ down. He goes for another AA that AJ reverses into a German suplex followed by a back-suplex facebuster for two.
- AJ gets on the apron and goes for the Phenomenal Forearm that CENA CATCHES AND TURNS INTO THE STF!!! AJ GETS SO CLOSE TO TAPPING BEFORE TURNING INTO A CROSSFACE!!! BUT WAIT, CENA STANDS UP WITH AJ ON HIS SHOULDER FOR THE AA, BUT HOLD EVERYTHING!!! AJ ROLLS CENA DOWN AND TURNS IT INTO A CALF-CRUSHER!!!
- After a while in the Calf Crusher, Cena gets out and relocks the STF on AJ. AJ breaks out and uses a nifty pin for two. AJ then follows with an enziguiri that stuns Cena. Cena quickly recovers and hits his diving tornado DDT for two. The crowd starts chanting again as Cena gets up and goes onto the turnbuckle.
- Cena hits his diving leg drop for two and now starts trying to figure out how to take AJ out. Cena gets AJ onto the top turnbuckle and goes for the Super AA. AJ fights out and gets down and HITS A TRIANGLE HURRICANRANA BEFORE HITTING THE PHENOMENAL FOREARM FOR A VERY VERY CLOSE TWO COUNT!!! THIS FREAKING MATCH!!!
- AJ gets up and tries to get Cena up for another Styles Clash, but Cena starts picking AJ up for an AA. AJ attacks Cena's bad leg and goes for a running something, but Cena meets him with a very big clothesline. Cena goes for the Super AA yet again as AJ fights, BUT CENA HITS THE SUPER AA....ONE...TWO...THRE......AJ KICKED OUT!!!!!! THE CROWD IS LOSING THEIR MINDS!!!
- Cena has a stunned look on his face as he tries to figure out how to down AJ as the latter staggers to his feet. Cena goes for another AA, BUT AJ REVERSES AND SETS UP AND NAILS A PERFECT STYLES CLASH!!!
- BUT HE DOESN'T GO FOR THE PIN. INSTEAD AJ GOES ONTO THE APRON AND HITS THE PHENOMENAL FOREARM FOR THE WIN!!!
AJ Styles def John Cena
After AJ leaves, the crowd gives Cena a standing ovation as he takes off his "Never Give Up" armband, kisses it, and places it in the ring before leaving. Once he gets to the stage, he salutes the crowd before going backstage
Jon Stewart comes out and says that he is happy that no idiot interfered in the John Cena/AJ Styles match by hitting a competitor with a chair. He references his interfering last year when he hit John Cena with a chair. He then tells us that if you take an AA, tuck your shirt it.
Stewart says that he's really here to join the New Day (as he unveils a Booty-Os shirt) in battle. He starts the New Day opening and the crowd finishes it.
The New Day vs Dr. Gallows and Dr. Anderson (Tag Team Championship)
- Karl Anderson and Kofi Kingston start as Anderson immediately takes control with a headlock and eventual shoulder block. Kofi soon responds with an elbow and an eventual stomp for two. He tags Xavier Woods in and the two of them take Anderson down with some double teaming that ends with a bulldog.
- Xavier is forced into the corner where Luke Gallows is tagged in. He isn't very effective as he is soon take control of. He ends up in the New Day corner where the Unicorn Stampede begins. Gallows rolls outside and Kofi hits a cool tope to take him down.
- Kofi gets on the turnbuckle and is briefly distracted by Anderson. This allows Gallows to take control. Anderson and Gallows trade tags as they work Kofi over.
- After a while, Xavier gets a hot tag and goes to work on Anderson. After getting Anderson down, Xavier goes for a kick, but Anderson dodges and stops Xavier briefly. Despite this, Xavier is able to get Anderson down and hits an elbow drop on him from three-quarters across the ring.
- Anderson forces Xavier to the New Day corner where Kofi tags in. He tries his best, but it doesn't last long as Anderson and Gallows take control and hit a Magic Killer. Jon Stewart decides to play hero and stops the pin. The Doctors corner him and soon decide to select him as a ringpostitis test subject.
- As Stewart begs for mercy, Big E makes his triumphant return and runs through everyone for the DQ.
Drs. Gallows and Anderson def The New Day by DQ; The New Day retains the Tag Titles
After, Big E drinks the formaldehyde that was preserving his testicle before the celebration begins
Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler (WWE World Championship)
- Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan are in the ring for the introductions.They have to keep Ziggler and Ambrose separated as Greg Hamilton tries to make the announcements.
- The bell rings and some mind games ensue before some wrestling. This breaks down as both men slap each other. Ziggler starts to go for quick pins on Ambrose until they end up in the ropes. They are separated and Ziggler starts getting some fast offense in, causing Ambrose to roll outside. Ziggler follows and hits a neckbreaker outside before throwing Ambrose in.
- Ziggler gets in the ring and walks into a Dirty Deeds attempt that he escapes. Ziggler goes for a DDT, and Ambrose responds by dumping him out of the ring. Ambrose follows and beats Ziggler up on the outside before they get back inside. Ambrose gets Ziggler on the buckle and hits a butterfly superplex for two.
- Ambrose continues working Ziggler over and soon locks in a single leg crab. After a good bit of offense, Ambrose goes for a flying axe handle off the turnbuckle, but flies right into a dropkick. Ambrose responds with a tiger facebuster for two.
- Ambrose starts teasing for a superkick, but feigns and goes for Dirty Deeds. Ziggler breaks out, slaps Ambrose, and throws him outside. An infuriated Ambrose reenters the ring just to eat a bit DDT for two. Ziggler tries to follow with a Famouser, but Ambrose counters with a roll-up. Ziggler escapes and forces Ambrose into the ringpost as the latter charges.
- ZIggler hits a Famouser for two and follows with some strikes. Soon after, a double cross-body collision occurs, leaving both down. Ambrose gets up and starts his comeback moves. He hits the bulldog and follows with an elbow drop for two. Ambrose sways his hips as Ziggler recovers enough to lock a sleeper hold. Ambrose breaks it by diving through the ropes with Ziggler on his back.
- Outside, Ziggler hits a superkick, draping Ambrose on the barricade. Ziggler carries Ambrose back inside for a two count. Ziggler get up and positions himself for another superkick that Ambrose catches. He slaps Ziggler and goes for Dirty Deeds that Ziggler escapes and hits a Zig Zag for two.
- Ziggler gets on Ambrose and starts beating him before locking in another sleeper hold. Ambrose escapes and hits a Lunatic Lariat, but doesn't follow up. Instead he climbs the turnbuckle and is crotched. Ziggler goes for a superplex but is taken down by Ambrose. Ziggler goes for a top rope X-Factor, but fails. Ambrose capitalizes with Dirty Deeds to win.
Dean Ambrose def Dolph Ziggler; retains WWE World Championship
Video package about WWE in New York
Naomi, Carmella, and Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss, Natalya, and NIKKI BELLA
- Eva Marie isn't here because to hell with that......QUEEN SLAY IS BACK!!!!!!!
- Becky and Alexa start with a couple pin attempts before Alexa meets her with a knee. After another huge strike, Alexa goes for a pin but Becky bridges out. Soon, she tags in Naomi and Natalya is tagged in as well.
- Naomi goes for an instant cover and then gives Natalya a corner stinkface. Nattie doesn't like this, so she delivers a slingshot atomic bomb thing. Naomi quickly recovers and goes for a leg drop.
- Carmella is tagged in and goes to work on Natalya. She goes for a bronco buster but Natalya ducks out...and is soon rolled over by Carmella. Despite this, Natalya takes control.
- Natalya tags Nikki in to a good pop and Queen Slay starts where she left off on Carmella. Carmella breaks out of a chinlock and tries something, but eats a spinebuster for two. Nikki taunts with some push-ups. She gets Carmella to the corner and tags Alexa in. Carmella almost makes a tag, but Alexa stops it and hits the Glitz Flip for two.
- Natalya is tagged in again and continues working over Carmella for a while. After a long time, Becky gets a hot tag and goes to work and hits two Bexploders, dodges a Bellahammer, and gets all three women in the corner for some kicks. A second Bexploder is hit on Natalya, but she quickly recovers and goes for a roll-up after Alexa gets involved.
- Natalya eats an enziguiri from Becky before Becky goes up the turnbuckle for a top-rope leg drop for two as Nikki breaks the pin. After a moment, Alexa is tagged in and goes back to work on Becky. However, Naomi tags herself in and hits a cross-body on Alexa before some Speedball kicks. She follows with a moonsault but misses. Alexa goes for a Vader Bomb but eats boot.
- Nikki is tagged in and goes for something that Naomi escapes and tags in Carmella who hits a bronco buster on Nikki for two. Things go down and Carmella eats a BELLAHAMMER followed by a TKO to get the heels a win.
- "I'm back" - Nikki
Nikki Bella, Natalya, and Alexa Bliss def Becky Lynch, Carmella, and Naomi
Maria Menounos interviews Rusev and Lana. They're pissed at Reigns and want to destroy him. Rusev says that he will crush Roman Reigns.
Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor (WWE Universal Championship)
- Oh, the Universal Title is just the normal WWE Championship, but red. Also, the mere mention of the Universal Title gets boos
- The bell rings and Balor charges with a corner dropkick. Balor goes for the Coup de Grace, but Rollins rolls outside. Balor follows with a tope. They get back inside and Rollins tries to get something going, but Balor keeps kicking Rollins' left leg. Balor has found his target.
- They go back outside where Rollins starts to take control with a suplex before throwing Balor into the timekeeper area...until Balor simply gets up and forearms Rollins.
- Back inside, Rollins goes for a sunset flip that Balor rolls through for a dropkick for two. Balor keeps working on the leg by stomping both knee joints. Balor keeps it up until Rollins gets him outside and powerbombs him into the barricade. Also, yes, the crowd is chanting "that belt sucks."
- Rollins gets Balor inside and gets a two count. Rollins gets control and does some stomps before a back-suplex backbreaker gets a two count. Rollins keeps the pressure up as the crowd chants stuff. Rollins taunts Balor before hitting a flying knee and frog splash for two.
- After more taunting, Rollins goes for a Rainmaker that Balor reverses into a DDT. The crowd starts chanting for both men as Balor starts making a comeback with some clotheslines and some chops. A basement dropkick sends Rollins outside where he eats a PK.
- Back inside, Balor hits a sling blade before eating a dropkick. Rollins goes for a Pedigree that Balor escapes and, after an exchange, hits a Pele kick (not using "overhead kick").
- Balor rises up and hits an inverted 1916 for two after failing the first attempt. Balor goes for the Coup de Grace and falls right into a triangle from Rollins. Balor tries for a rope break, butt apparently this is no DQ, so there is none. Therefore Balor slips outside.
- Rollins drags Balor in and soon hits a buckle bomb and superkick for two. He taunts Balor as Balor drags himself up. Balor eats some strikes that don't phase him. A flying knee sets up GOD'S LAST GIFT FOR TWO!!!
- Rollins goes up top where he is met by an enziguiri. Balor dropkicks Rollins on the outside and hits a stomp on the back of Rollins' head for a close two. Balor positions Rollins for a Coup de Grace. However, Rollins dodges and catches Balor in a Pedigree for another close two.
- Rollins goes for broke as he sets up for a Phoenix Splash. Rollins catches himself as Balor moves. Rollins goes for some moves, but Balor evades and hits three corner dropkicks before hitting the Coup de Grace for the win.
Finn Balor def Seth Rollins; wins Universal Championship
Rusev vs Roman Reigns (United States Championship)
- Before the bell rings, Rusev destroys Reigns by throwing him into the ring steps. Reigns comes back and throws Rusev into the timekeeper area via Superman Punch. He then goes back there and starts beating Rusev until referees come out.
- Rusev tries to hit Reigns with a chair, but Reigns catches it. He then hits Rusev with said chair before restarting the assault.
- So yeah....we're getting no match here. It's called off.....yup. Oh, and to put the cherry on top, Reigns spears Rusev as he's leaving because of course.
Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton
- Paul Heyman does Lesnar's ring intro as you would expect.
- A brief staredown ensues before the bell rings. The bell rings and Lesnar charges with some huge shoulder thrusts in the corner. Lesnar goes for a German, but Orton fights out and goes for the RKO but is shrugged off.
- And Suplex City is opened with a suplexes one and two. Orton tries to fight, but Lesnar just enjoys his feeble effort. Cue three, four, shoulder thrusts, and five.
- Orton struggles to his feet and is assisted by the gentlemanly Lesnar for six. They go outside and Orton tries to fight before being powerslammed onto the SmackDown announce table. Seven sends Orton through the table.
- Lesnar proclaims "Suplex City, bitch" before eight. He exits the ring and clears another announce table. Lesnar gets Orton's lifeless body onto the table until RKOOUTTANOWHERE ON THE TABLE!!!
- Lesnar staggers to the apron and gets a draping DDT for his troubles. Orton calls for the RKO as Lesnar staggers to his feet and RKO NUMBER TWO FOR A CLOSE TWO COUNT!!!
- Lesnar starts getting up, causing Orton to line up for a Punt. Orton runs at Lesnar and is caught into the F-5 for a close two count. Lesnar takes his gloves off and starts laying into Orton with strikes and stiff elbows, causing Orton to bleed from a huge gash to his head.
- As the doctor tends to Orton, Lesnar shoves the doctor away and lays into Orton some more. Do you hear the crowd chanting for Goldberg, or is it just me?
- Lesnar lays into Orton for a third time before the match is called.
Brock Lesnar def Randy Orton by TKO
After the bell, Lesnar attacks yet again until Shane McMahon comes down to stop Lesnar and check on Orton. It doesn't go well as Shane eats the F-5 as well, causing Heyman to freak out.
Lesnar walks out of the arena to end the show.
And with that, this concludes my final live blog. This is Chris Dawson, signing off.