Here at Cageside Seats, we've counted down the best of many things over the past year and change from the obvious (best PPV themes, best of Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, and Sting) to the ridiculous (worst acts in kayfabe, worst PPVs ever, most disappointing storylines) to the unique (biggest kayfabe killing moments, best t-shirts). I also have one that desperately needs closing out, and I promise I'll get that out during the holiday weekend.
It's getting a bit hard to come up with new Cageside Countdowns. Then I looked on the calendar. We're coming up on a pretty important anniversary, aren't we?
Yup. This Friday will mark 20 years since Scott Hall, fresh from a pretty fruitful four-year stint in the WWF, crossed the line to WCW and declared war on his old home. New home. It was kinda confusing if you didn't follow the dirt sheets back in 1996. How could Scott do this? He worked for the WWF, didn't he? Well, no. Not really. I mean, I can see why you would get that impression. And that's what made this angle work. Because not nearly as many people were "in the know", so to speak.
Scott Hall declaring war on WCW would be the prologue into what would be a revolution for the wrestling business: the New World Order. Spanning multiple promotions over a fifteen-year period, the nWo would become one of the most influential groups in wrestling history. Obviously, over that period of time, such a group would create many, many, many moments.
But what was the greatest nWo moment ever?
That's where you, the Cageside Galaxy comes in. But first, the rules (and seriously, read the rules before you nominate. Please).
- First off, any moment that is nominated has to feature the nWo in a prominent role. They can't be wallflowers or background noise. They have to be actively doing something for your moment to count.
- Second, any moment involving any incarnation of the nWo is eligible. That includes its original incarnation formed in 1996, the split in 1998, the reunions in 1999 (there were two of them), its WWE reboot in 2002, or its TNA reboot in 2010. Also, nWo Japan moments are eligible. And before you ask, no. Bullet Club moments are not eligible.
- Third, there has to be some proof of said moment happening. A video, picture, even a description of said moment would be nice. DO NOT ASSUME EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
- Does your moment fit those three criteria? Good. You can nominate it. Here's how. Nominate - your moment here in the subject box, and a video link, picture, or a description in the comment box.. Defend your moment, people! Also, PLEASE INCLUDE THE WORD NOMINATE IN YOUR NOMINATION. Cool? Cool.
- See something you agree with? Give it a rec; that's how the countdown's made.
- As always, respect the rules of the community. Disagreeing is okay; flaming is not.