WWE SmackDown returns to the USA Network this coming Thursday night (Mar. 17, 2016) from Cincinnati, Ohio but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Roman Reigns opened the show with a promo on Triple H and winning the WWE world heavyweight title at WrestleMania 32. He was cheered in Cincinnati. It's also worth noting he did not come out through the crowd like usual, so that may be done for good if this week's television is any indication.
- Dolph Ziggler def. The Miz in a match that happened for a reason.
- Bubba Ray Dudley def. Goldust before D-Von joined him for a beatdown angle post-match. R-Truth ran in to make the save of course, followed by The Usos running out to further assist them.
- Kalisto accepted Ryback's challenge for a US title match at WrestleMania 32.
- Charlotte cut a promo on Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks, who both made their way out and the big angle that was promised was essentially just the tease of Becky and Sasha beating down the Divas champion but her slipping out of their grasp.
- The New Day cut a promo on The League of Nations, again accepting the challenge for a match at WrestleMania 32. After, Kofi Kingston def. King Barrett in a match that saw the two sides brawling ringside.
- Dean Ambrose did various promos out and around Cincinnati, his hometown. To the surprise of no one, he was over as hell. This culminated in Social Outcasts taking over the ring until he showed up to run them off with a kendo stick.
- Kevin Owens def. AJ Styles with the pop up powerbomb thanks to a distraction from Chris Jericho, who hit the Codebreaker on AJ after the match. He stood tall to close the show.
That's it for this week, folks. Watching?