The feud between Nikki Bella and Carmella started because the latter was jealous of the attention the former was getting upon her return to WWE television. So she went about attacking Nikki every chance she got, frequently disrupting her promos, interviews, and even matches.
It looked clear they were headed for a No Disqualification match, something everyone agreed to and SmackDown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan said he would try to get. He failed.
Indeed, it was announced during tonight’s episode that the two will have a match at No Mercy this Sun., Oct. 9, 2016, in Sacramento, California but it will not be No DQ. They’ve still got time to add that stipulation, of course, but there’s nothing to indicate that’s the plan.
Here’s the updated No Mercy match card:
- AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena (WWE world championship)
- Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Heath Slater & Rhyno vs. The Usos (SmackDown tag team championship)
- The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler (Intercontinental championship vs. career)
- Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt
- Nikki Bella vs. Carmella