WWE Night of Champions is all set to pop off tonight (Sun., Sept. 20, 2015) from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas at 7:00 p.m. ET, live on the WWE Network. You may also be able to watch this on pay-per-view (PPV) if your cable provider is carrying the event.
CagesideSeats.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, match-by-match coverage of Night of Champions below, beginning with the first match of the evening and right on through to the main event.
Kick your off your shoes, relax, and enjoy all the action with your favorite pro wrestling website. And remember to keep refreshing! (Reminder: GIFs, pics, and links to illegal streams are not allowed in this thread. Offenders will be banned.)
WWE NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS QUICK RESULTS
Seth Rollins def. Sting; Rollins retains WWE World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena def Seth Rollins; US Title to Cena
Kevin Owens def Ryback; IC Title to Owens
The Wyatt Family def Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Chris Jericho
Charlotte def Nikki Bella; Divas Title to Charlotte
The Dudley Boyz def The New Day by DQ; New Day retains titles
Dolph Ziggler def Rusev
Cosmic Wasteland def. Neville & Lucha Dragons
WWE NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS LIVE BLOG & MATCH COVERAGE
BaconStrips here. Let's do this.
- Our preshow panel consists of the usual motley crew (Renee Young, Byron Saxton, Booker T, and Corey Graves). They're also outside for whatever reason.
- Backstage, Eden interviews Sheamus about some "groundbreaking news". Sheamus drops the news that Seth Rollins is supposedly defending the US Championship and WWE World Heavyweight Championship respectively in back-to-back matches. Sheamus vows to turn tonight into a footnote of his career regardless of who wins the WWE WHC. In short, history will be made tonight.
- Eden interviews Kevin Owens about the upcoming Intercontinental Title match and what it means to him. He talks about a few of the most iconic champions before saying that he is only worried about his prize: the Intercontinental Championship and how it means more money and a better life for his family (sound like NXT Takeover: Rival?). As for Ryback, he'll be burying himself in his self-help books.
- Byron Saxton, Booker T, and Corey Graves play with toys as Renee Young introduces the next part of the Dolph Ziggler/Rusev saga...perfect metaphor. Renee Young also gushes over Hot Summer.
- The New Day are next in the Social Media Lounge and OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO XAVIER WOODS' HAIR?!?
- Tom Phillips introduces The New Day to the Social Media Lounge. New Day shoos Phillips away, and they proceed to win the entire preshow. Seriously, these gentlemen are American treasures.
The Cosmic Wasteland vs Neville and Lucha Dragons
- Sin Cara and Konnor start with some tying up as Michael Cole barbs JBL about WrestleMania 25. Sin Cara throws some kicks and springboard moves before tagging in Kalisto.
- Konnor quickly takes control of Kalisto and tags in Stardust to work Kalisto more. After being worked in the corner a bit, Kalisto hits a bit of a rally with a handstand into a head-scissors. Eventually all six men brawl in the ring until The Cosmic Wasteland is sent outside. Neville and co. follow with stereo dives and moonsaults to the outside as we head to a break.
- Back from break, and Kalisto is in control of Stardust until Viktor makes a blind tag and tackles Kalisto. The Ascension exchange tags to work Kalisto some more. Stardust makes it back in and works Kalisto's arm a bit.
- Viktor is tagged in and is about to deliver a massive top-rope powerbomb to Kalisto when Kalisto reverses it into a MONSTER frankensteiner.
- Neville gets the hot tag and cleans house, eventually delivering a second rope Phoenix Splash for two when Konnor breaks the pin. Sin Cara makes short work of Konnor with a huricanrana to the outside followed by a suicide dive, leaving Stardust to deliver a Side Effect to Neville for two.
- Neville works Stardust some more, eventually allowing a set up for the Red Arrow. Unfortunately for Neville, Stardust shoves Viktor into Neville, causing him to tumble from the turnbuckle. Stardust follows with the Queen's Crossbow for the win.
The Cosmic Wasteland def Neville and Lucha Dragons
WWE Signature, a video package for Night of Champions, and opening pyro
Kevin Owens vs Ryback (Intercontinental Championship)
- Interesting way to start with Ryback getting more boos than Owens.
- Owens and Ryback tie up, but Ryback shoves Owens away a few times. Owens comes back with a kick to the midsection, but Ryback responds with a shoulder block. After a few exchanges, Ryback tosses Owens over the top rope.
- Ryback chops Owens outside and brings him back in. Owens responds by wrenching Ryback's left arm, and starts working it over by shoving it into the steel ring post.
- After a two count, Owens continues to work the arm via kicks, stomps, and slamming it into the mat. He locks in a simple lock to continue working the arm. More arm work continues, including a modified Russian leg sweep onto the bad arm.
- The arm lock is locked in again for a good while as the crowd chants "Feed me more". Owens releases the hold long enough to drop a senton on it. The hold is locked back in for another few moments until Ryback gets up and hits a clothesline on Owens, knocking them both down.
- Ryback starts to rally back with some shoulder blocks and a powerslam for two. Ryback goes for a powerbomb, but Owens powers him over. Owens taunts Ryback about the powerbomb attempt, and eats a nice spinebuster for his troubles. This nets Ryback two.
- Ryback goes for a Meat Hook, but Owens meets him with a big kick to the midsection for two. Owens goes for a pop-up powerbomb, but Ryback catches himself and lands a Meat Hook.
- Ryback goes for the Shellshock, but Owens escapes and hurls Ryback's bad shoulder into the ring post. Owens lands a Codebreaker on the bad arm and locks in a Fujiarwa armbar. Ryback responds by picking up Owens and dropping him down.
- Ryback goes for the Shellshock again, but Owens goes for the eyes and rolls up Ryback while holding the bad shoulder to net him the win and the IC Title.
Kevin Owens def Ryback; wins the Intercontinental Championship
A video is hyped for Brock Lesnar's Go to Hell Tour, including his MSG match against Big Show, a trip to Stone Cold's podcast studio, and HOLY CRAP UNDERTAKER VS BROCK LESNAR AT HELL IN A CELL!!!
Rusev vs Dolph Ziggler
- Before the match, Rich Brennan tries to interview Rusev, but Rusev turns him away. He also catches that Summer is wearing the earrings that Ziggler bought her.
- Umm.......Ziggler's tights have Lana's face on them. Someone was a fan of Rick Rude.
- Bell rings and Ziggler starts throwing strikes at Rusev, but the big man powers him away. Despite this, Ziggler keeps the onslaught up, forcing Rusev to the outside.
- Rusev eventually makes it back in, and Ziggler tries to deliver a drop toe hold, but Rusev completely reverses it into a chinlock that Ziggler breaks with a stunner. Ziggler delivers a dropkick and briefly locks in a sleeper hold. Rusev powers him off and delivers a spinning heel kick for two.
- Rusev is thoroughly in control as he stomps Ziggler before throwing him outside. Rusev follows and thrusts Ziggler into the barricade and ring apron before reinserting him in the ring for more abuse.
- Ziggler forces himself up just to eat another slam from Rusev as the Bulgarian stalks his prey and continues manhandling him. The "we want Lana" chants keep ringing out as the abuse continues.
- Ziggler is able to get up and body slam Rusev to start a rally. He follows this up by dodging a corner splash and forcing Rusev's head into the ring post. Both men are down at this point.
- Both make it to their feet and Ziggler starts to rally back with his clotheslines and other rally moves. An elbow drop only nets him a one count, and Rusev shortly follows with a huge side slam for two.
- Rusev goes for a gorilla press, but Ziggler reverses into a roll-up for two. Ziggler continues a comeback with more roll-up attempts before Rusev sends Ziggler flying into the buckle. Ziggler dodges another splash and forces Rusev into another ring post, leading to a two count.
- Ziggler starts climbing a turnbuckle, but Ziggler is forced down and eats a massive kick for a close two count as Rusev and Summer start to get frustrated. Rusev goes for DAT KICK, but Ziggler dodges and locks in a second sleeper hold. Rusev breaks the sleeper hold again, but cannot escape a huge DDT that stands Rusev on his head, leading to a two count.
- Ziggler and Rusev slowly make it to their feet. Ziggler goes for a superkick, but Rusev catches him. Ziggler goes for a Zig Zag, but is thrown away. DAT KICK is delivered for a VERY close two count. Rusev thinks it's a three count and complains for a bit before calling for The Accolade.
- Rusev goes for The Accolade, but Ziggler awakens from his nap and barely lands a superkick for a close two count.
- As both men make it to their feet, Summer goes for a distraction. As she screeches, Rusev forces Ziggler into the rope, flipping Summer inside the ring and causing a kayfabe injury. The referee, adhering to WWE standards, ignores the injury and ejects Summer.
- Once she's ejected, Summer throws a tizzy fit, leading to her throwing her heels. One heel nails Rusev, and Ziggler lands a Zig Zag for the win as a horrified Summer looks on.
Dolph Ziggler def Rusev
Ziggler plants a kiss on Summer's hand as he leaves. She keeps complaining even after they leave.
The New Day vs The Dudley Boyz (WWE Tag Team Championship)
- Before the match, The New Day promotes their Save a Table petition...sign now! They also redo the State Farm jingle into "Like a good table, New Day is there". Again, these gentlemen are absolute American treasures.
- D-Von and Kofi Kingston start as Xavier Woods works his trombone. The two do some chain wrestling until Kingston is whipped into the ropes. After a few rebounds, Kingston lands a dropkick and laughs at D-Von. More chain wrestling follows until Kingston slaps D-Von on the back of the head. D-Von doesn't much like this as he clotheslines Kingston and throws strikes in the corner.
- Bubba Ray is tagged in and calls for a 3D. Kingston escapes and regroups with his teammates. Woods tries to call for a time-out, but the ref doesn't take it.
- Back inside, Big E is tagged in and it's time for some tricep meat. Big E calls Bubba Ray an old man and tells him to go home. Bubba Ray doesn't much like this and shoulder blocks Big E. The two tie up before Bubba Ray delivers a back suplex and tags in D-Von. A double-team elbow drop lands them a two count.
- Bubba Ray is tagged back in as Woods preaches outside. Big E climbs a turnbuckle and is met by a chop from Bubba Ray. He follows with a superplex for two. Kingston enters and is back dropped to Brownsville. Woods tries to interject himself and is thrown inside. Woods begs for his life until Kingston blindsides Bubba Rae.
- The New Day exchange tags and stomp a few mudholes in Bubba Ray as Woods trombones away. After a corner dropkick, Bubba Ray is placed on the apron and eats a splash from Big E after he is tagged in.
- Big E continues working Bubba Ray as Xavier Woods plays the theme to Rocky while Kingston throws some jabs on Bubba, who tries to respond with some strikes of his own...they don't do much. Eventually Bubba Ray is able to take advantage following a reversal of a top-rope maneuver into a full nelson bomb.
- D-Von is tagged in and does some house cleaning. After a corner splash and a headbutt, Bubba Ray is tagged and they deliver a tandem back suplex/neckbreaker. The call for and land the 3D, but as Bubba covers Kingston, Xavier Woods comes in to break the count, causing the DQ.
The Dudley Boyz def The New Day by DQ; The New Day retains the Tag Titles.
After the DQ, New Day celebrates until Big E tells Woods to get the table. A table is set up as Big E and Kingston work over The Dudleys. Unbeknownst to Woods, Bubba Ray and D-Von clear out Kingston and Big E. Woods eats a 3D through the table.
Nikki Bella vs Charlotte (WWE Divas Championship)
- The stipulation is set that if Nikki Bella loses the match via ANY method, she loses the title. This does include DQ or count-out.
- The bell rings, and Nikki immediately walks outside for a few seconds and spontaneously does some pushups. She reenters and the two tie up and go to the corner. After the break, Nikki throws a forearm, repelling Charlotte. Charlotte comes at her again, but is sent onto the apron. Nikki headbutts her off the apron, sending her down and tweaking her knee.
- Charlotte slowly makes it back inside, but Nikki has that left knee targeted as she works the hell out of it by suplexing it onto the rope and then delivering a dragon screw from the apron onto the floor...that was painful.
- Back inside, Nikki locks in a calf slicer on that left leg to keep the work up. Despite Charlotte going for a comeback, Nikki keeps going for that bad knee relentlessly as the crowd gets behind Charlotte.
- Nikki gets Charlotte back up just to snap suplex her, with the knee again hitting the rope. Nikki follows with a rope-assisted Indian Deathlock. The leg work continues, but Charlotte somehow reverses a stomp to her knee into a roll-up for two. Nikki is not impressed, so she deeply locks in a half crab on that bum knee.
- Nikki breaks the crab, climbs the turnbuckle, and delivers a fist to that bad knee. Nikki just keeps control with a huge clothesline for two. After this, the leg work continues when Nikki wraps Charlotte's leg around the ring post. Nikki then locks in a post-assisted Figure Four for a few seconds.
- The half crab is cinched in yet again, but Alicia Fox tries to yank the rope back, causing Nikki to bark at her. Paige and Becky attack as Charlotte unsuccessfully tries a distraction roll-up. Nikki follows with a sleeper that Charlotte breaks with a jawbreaker.
- Charlotte start to muster a comeback despite the bad leg. A big boot is able to get her a two count as she still fights the bad leg. Charlotte goes for a backslide pin, but Nikki casually kicks Charlotte knee out from her knee for two. Nikki gets frustrated and suplexes her leg onto the turnbuckle and follows with knees to that leg.
- Nikki goes for another pin, but Charlotte still kicks out. Nikki goes for broke and gets onto the second rope, but Charlotte reverses with a spear. Charlotte then locks in the Figure Eight to cause Nikki to submit for the title change.
Charlotte def Nikki Bella; wins Divas Championship
Like on Raw, Ric Flair comes out to celebrate his daughter's victory.
Jojo interviews Kevin Owens about his win. He said that he knew that the win would happen, and he didn't need some self-help book to do it.
The preshow panel talks about the event up to this point.
Backstage, Ric Flair, Charlotte, Paige, and Becky Lynch celebrate Charlotte's victory.
Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Chris Jericho vs The Wyatt Family
- Ambreigns' mystery partner is Chris Jericho. Also, yet another idiot jumped the barricade.
- Ambrose and Luke Harper start here with a tie up. Ambrose breaks and delivers a flurry of clotheslines and elbows. Roman Reigns is promptly tagged in and some double teaming ensues. Jericho is tagged next and drops the fist before delivering some chops. Harper sends Jericho to the apron. He lands on his feet, climbs the buckle, and delivers a cross body for two.
- Jericho tags in Reigns, and Harper responds by tagging Braun Strowman in. After a staredown, Reigns throws some strikes, but they do not even faze Strowman. Ambrose is tagged in for some double team, but nothing. Instead, Strowman effortlessly throws Ambreigns away. Jericho tries for a flying maneuver, but Strowman catches him and throws him onto Ambreigns.
- Strowman gets Ambrose inside and starts abusing him for a big before tagging Bray Wyatt in, who come at Ambrose with some shoulder tackles. As Wyatt goes for a corner splash, Ambrose counters and eventually lands a neckbreaker.
- Reigns and Harper are tagged in, but Reigns has a hot tag and throws some strikes and throws on Harper. Reigns nails Harper with a big sit-out powerbomb for two and continues the punishment with nine corner clotheslines and an uppercut to the outside. Reigns' control promptly ends when Strowman catches Reigns on a rebound. Harper follows with a superkick.
- Wyatt gets back in and works over Reigns. A few moments pass with Strowman and Harper getting some licks in on Reigns, including a spot where Wyatt restrains Reigns as Harper hits a suicide dive. Wyatt follows with a senton before placing Reigns inside for two.
- Reigns ends up outside again, and Strowman follows as the ref is distracted. Ambrose follows to sleeper Strowman, but Strowman dumps Ambrose into the timekeeper's area.
- Back inside, Jericho gets a tag and starts to clean house, eventually locking Wyatt into the Walls of Jericho until Harper breaks the hold. Ambrose is tagged in and kicks Harper outside. Wyatt sneaks in and goes for Sister Abigail until Ambrose reverses out into a roll-up for two. Wyatt then strikes Ambrose, setting him up for a rebound clothesline.
- A double clothesline ensues with Reigns and Strowman getting tags. Reigns gets a major hot tag and really works over Strowman, landing some Superman Punches and a spear. As Reigns lines up for a second spear, Jericho tags himself in and lands a Lionsault for a two count as Strowman powers him off.
- Jericho goes for a Codebreaker, but Strowman simply catches him and lands his signature slam. The hanging choke is locked in for the win.
The Wyatt Family def Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Chris Jericho
As the Wyatts leave, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns have words with Jericho until Jericho walks out, knocking Ambrose's shoulder as he goes.
Seth Rollins vs John Cena (United States Championship)
- Seth Rollins comes out in his white Power Ranger regalia.
- Cena and Rollins tie up and break in the corner as an unimpressed Rollins looks on. Rollins goes for another tie-up, but Cena starts throwing strikes and eventually gets Rollins down for a short pin.
- Cena whips Rollins to the corner, but Rollins reverses with an elbow. He climbs the turnbuckle and hits a blockbuster for two. Rollins takes control and starts toying with Cena. Cena responds with an uppercut, but cannot convert as Rollins locks a sleeper in.
- After a while, Rollins gets Cena on the turnbuckle for a super back suplex. Cena fights out, but Rollins gets him in the tree of woe and lands a Finn Balor-esque stomp for two.
- A wave starts as Rollins enjoys it. As Rollins toys with the crowd, Cena tries to sneak a roll-up for two. Rollins gets Cena down and mocks the "you can't see me" taunt before going for a Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena gets up and hits a shoulder block, and Rollins follows with a neckbreaker.
- A few moments later, Cena lands the protobomb and does his taunt, but Rollins kicks Cena and lands a Sling Blade for two. Rollins unsuccessfully goes for a Pedigree as Cena goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle again. Rollins escapes, but cannot escape the modified Canadian Destroyer for two.
- Cena goes for the AA a bit too close to the ropes, allowing Rollins to escape and hang Rollins' neck from the rope. Rollins climbs the buckle, but Cena crotches Rollins and lines up for something. Rollins flips over Cena and goes for a buckle bomb. At the very last moment, Cena reverses with a huricanrana, sending Rollins into the buckle.
- A stalemate ensues as strikes are exchanged. Cena catches Rollins for the AA, but Rollins escapes and hits a couple big kicks for two. Cena ends up outside after a few moments, and Rollins follows with a somersault senton that barely catches Cena. Rollins tries to follow with a Frog Splash, but Cena rolls away. Regardless, the "Eddie" chants ring through the Toyota Center.
- Rollins struggles to his feet just in time to eat a corner elbow followed by a tornado DDT for two. As both men get to their feet, Cena gets up on the buckle for his leg drop. Rollins follows quickly with his combo superplex/suplex slam for two as the crowd chants "this is awesome".
- Cena locks in the STF that Rollins is able to escape from just in time to walk into an AA attempt. Rollins escapes via sunset flip and converts it into a buckle bomb for two. Both men are struggling to their feet again.
- Rollins goes for the Pedigree again, but Cena counters into a back drop. Cena hits a cross-body, but Rollins turns it over into an AA attempt of his own. Cena escapes and hits an inverted suplex. He follows with a leg drop and the AA to win.
John Cena def Seth Rollins; wins the US Title
Rollins tries to leave with his WWE WHC, but Cena stops him via an AA on the outside. Cena rolls Rollins inside the ring and leaves. Rollins is only just coming to when Sting comes out for his match...
Seth Rollins vs Sting (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
- The bell rings, and Sting immediately hits a Stinger Splash and goes for a Scorpion Deathlock, but Rollins gets the ropes just as he starts to lock it in.
- Rollins hangs Sting's neck on the ropes and climbs for a top-rope cross-body. He hits it, but Sting reverses into a two count. He goes for a Scorpion Deathdrop, but Rollins escapes until he's sent over the top rope. Sting follows and tosses Rollins into the steel steps.
- Sting and Rollins get back inside where Rollins takes control with some corner stomps. Sting comes right back clotheslines Rollins outside. Rollins tries to hit Sting with the monitor to no avail as Sting tosses him into the barricade a few times.
- They get back inside where Sting works Rollins over by throwing him from corner to corner until he rolls outside. Outside, Sting and Rollins fight on the announce table until Sting is sent through the Spanish announce table. Rollins starts to walk out with his title as Sting comes to. Rollins walks back to Sting and slams him on the Spanish remnants.
- Rollins rolls Sting back inside and gets a two count. Rollins badmouths Sting and lands a Sling Blade for two. Rollins gets up and lands a sit-out suplex slam for two as Sting keeps on ticking.
- Rollins starts badmouthing Sting again until Sting responds with strikes until Rollins responds with a buckle bomb for two. Rollins goes for a Pedigree, but Sting fights out and gets Rollins on the apron. Rollins goes for his flying knee, but Sting catches him and throws him onto the floor into the barricade.
- Sting starts a comeback with some clotheslines and a couple Stinger Splashes before Rollins is sent outside again. Now wait a minute, Sting climbs to the top rope and CROSS BODY TO THE FLOOR!!! THIS DUDE IS 56 YEARS OLD!!!
- Rollins goes for a slam that Sting quickly reverses into a Scorpion Deathdrop for two as Rollins gets his foot on the rope. Sting gets frustrated and calls for more. A third Stinger Splash is landed and he follows with mounted punches until Rollins buckle bombs him again.
- Rollins goes for a clothesline, but Sting dodges and just collapses. The doc is called to Sting, but Sting makes it to his feet in the corner as Rollins taunts him. After a couple minutes, Sting shoos the doc away, and this is back on as Rollins goes for a Pedigree. Sting reverses this into a Scorpion Deathdrop that Rollins breaks by reaching the ropes.
- Rollins hits an enziguiri on Sting, but Sting quickly goes for another Scorpion Deathlock. Rollins rolls out and rolls Sting up for the win.
Seth Rollins def Sting; retains WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Rollins holds his WWE WHC and laughs at sting as Sheamus enters with his Money in the Bank and BROGUE KICK!!!
Sheamus starts to cash in when BOOM...Kane returns with mask and all. Sheamus escapes outside as Kane enters the ring and chokeslams Rollins. An arrogant Sheamus enters and asks Kane to give Rollins one more, and Kane responds with a chokeslam to Sheamus. After Sheamus rolls out, Kane calls for and lands a Tombstone on Rollins.
Yep...that's all folks.