This month marks the twentieth anniversary of the beginning of the Monday Night Wars, the five and a half year period that forever altered professional wrestling. Or sports entertainment, if you prefer. Arguably (or inarguably), this period was (maybe is, and maybe will be) the last truly great golden age of the industry. Yes, it has its issues; every era does. But seriously, about the Monday Night Wars...
What was the greatest moment of the Monday Night War era?
We're leaving that question to you, the Cagesiders. But there are rules, BAH GAWD.
- First and foremost, the moment must have occurred on a Monday Night RAW or a Monday Nitro from September 4, 1995 to March 26, 2001 (for the younger people, that's the lifespan of Nitro and basically the Monday Night War). If RAW or Nitro was on a special night (like Tuesday or Thursday or Friday), it qualifies.
- But if the moment happened on PPV, Smackdown, Thunder, or any other show, it doesn't count.
- If your moment can pass those two small tests, feel free to nominate it by writing in the subject box Nominate - your moment here. And in the comment box, a video link, a picture, or at the very least a description of the moment. Don't assume everybody knows. We do have Cagesiders that are younger than 20 here.
- See a moment you like? Give it a rec! That's how the countdown's made.
- To avoid multiple nominations of the same moment, use CTRL-F or CMD-F to search for a moment you would like to nominate. Only the recs from the first nomination will count.
- Also, all ties are broken by earliest nomination, so the earlier you nominate a moment, the better chance it has of getting on the countdown.
Got all that? Cool. Nominations close two days from date and time of post.