WWE Beast in the East is all set to pop off today (Sat., July 4, 2015) from Ryōgoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan at 5:30 a.m. ET, live on the WWE Network. This is a Network exclusive event, meaning it won't be available to watch on pay-per-view (PPV).
CagesideSeats.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, match-by-match coverage of Beast in the East below, beginning with the first match of the evening and right on through to the main event.
Kick your off your shoes, relax, and enjoy all the action with your favorite pro wrestling website. And remember to keep refreshing! (Reminder: GIFs, pics, and links to illegal streams are not allowed in this thread. Offenders will be banned.)
WWE BEAST IN THE EAST QUICK RESULTS
Brock Lesnar MDKs. Kofi Kingston
Finn Balor def Kevin Owens
Chris Jericho def. Neville
John Cena & Dolph Ziggler def. Kane & King Barrett
Nikki Bella def. Naomi and Tamina
WWE BEAST IN THE EAST LIVE BLOG & MATCH COVERAGE
BaconStrips here. Welcome to the breakfast club
WWE Signature and a hype video for Beast in the East.
Chris Jericho vs Neville
- A "Y2J" chant rolls as the two men tie up. A dueling chant follows as another tie up ensues. Neville dropkicks Jericho following a backflip dodge.
- After a brief respite, Jericho reenters and locks in a bow-and-arrow. Neville breaks it relatively quickly and the two go back to technical wrestling. Michael Cole also references Dragon Gate.
- An exchange follows in which both men land on the apron. Jericho gets the upper hand when he springboard dropkicks Neville to the floor.
- Back inside, Jericho lands a crossbody for two. We then take our first visit to Chinlock City. Neville breaks and tries to roll-up Jericho to no avail. Jericho follows with an enziguiri for two.
- Jericho starts playing his bastardly heel well as he slaps Neville around a bit.
- After another chinlock, Jericho chops Neville a few times. Neville follows with his three midsection kicks and tries to get something going, but Jericho hits his signature bulldog.
- Jericho tries for the Walls of Jericho, but Neville fights out and mounts a bit of a comeback. He tries for a dropkick, but Jericho crotches him and goes for a superplex. Neville fights out and faceplants Jericho. He goes for the Red Arrow, but Jericho dodges.
- Neville goes for a frankensteiner, but Jericho catches him and locks in the Walls. Neville is able to reach the ropes after about a minute.
- Jericho is forced to the outside, and Neville follows with a moonsault to the outside. The Japanese fans chant "this is awesome" as the two reenter. Neville lands a springboard dropkick followed by a standing shooting star press for two.
- The two start trading strikes. Neville goes for a standing dropkick, but Jericho dodges. He then lands a Lionsault for two. This is an excellent opener as Jericho starts kicking Neville out of frustration.
- Neville tries another spring board and JERICHO REVERSES IT INTO A HUGE CODEBREAKER...BUT NEVILLE STILL KICKS OUT AT TWO!!!
- Jericho starts forearming Neville back and goes for a German suplex. Neville reverses into a deadlift German followed by a few massive superkicks. He follows with the Red Arrow, but JERICHO GETS THE KNEES UP AND LOCKS IN THE LIONTAMER. NEVILLE TAPS FOR THE WIN!
Chris Jericho def Neville
Paige vs Nikki Bella vs Tamina
- If you're wondering why Naomi isn't involved, it's because there was a loss in her family (check her Twitter).
- Paige and Nikki square off until Tamina attacks Nikki. Nikki tries to roll up Tamina, but Paige breaks up the cover. Nikki is sent outside and Tamina is set up for Paige's knees, but Tamina powers Paige down onto the apron hard.
- Nikki is sent into the corner by Tamina, but Tamina is greeted by a second-rope enziguiri for two. Tamina responds with a big headbutt on Nikki. Paige reenters with her own headbutts, and she teams up with Nikki for a double suplex.
- Now it's down to Nikki and Paige as they go at it. Nikki goes for the Alabamaslam on Paige, but Paige hits back with a huge strike in a tribute to one Shinsuke Nakamura. She then hits some corner knees on Nikki before taking a huge tower of doom when Tamina powerbombs Nikki.
- Paige and Nikki work together to eliminate Tamina with a facebuster/superkick combo. Paige then gets hit with an Alabamaslam for two. Paige responds with a Rampaige for two.
- Paige locks in the scorpion crosslock on Nikki, but Tamina interrupts with a superkick. She gives a Samoan drop to Nikki and goes for a Superfly Splash, but Nikki dodges and hits the Bellahammer for the win.
Nikki Bella def Tamina and Paige
Kofi Kingston vs Brock Lesnar
- Please send all condolences to Kofi Kingston's POP Fund, providing the Power of Positivity to people who lack said positivity.
- After a little while, a terrified Kingston enters the ring and the bell rings. Kingston tries to use his quickness, and it does for for a while as he evades a trip to Suplex City, BI. Problem: Brock Lesnar feels no pain.
- Suplex City, BI is opened as the Germans start. After the third, Lesnar stands over his prey, picks it up, and delivers the F5 for the win.
Brock Lesnar murderdeathkills Kofi Kingston
As Lesnar leaves, he spots Kingston getting back up...so he delivers another German and F5 for good measure. Xavier Woods and Big E try to save their fallen comrade, but they are each F5'd for their troubles.
Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor (NXT Championship)
- Before the announcements are made, flowers are given to the competitors per Japanese custom. Kevin Owens just throws them away. Also, streamers FLOOD the ring when Balor is announced.
- Bell rings and Balor immediately dropkicks Owens into the corner and goes for the Coup De Grace. Owens rolls out and Balor follows with a forearm. Balor keeps the onslaught going as Owens tries to run.Owens ends up outside again and is dropkicked into the barrier.
- Back inside, and Owens can't get things going against the Demon...until he drops a White Noise for two. Owens then drops some mounted punches and then steps on Balor. It's clear that Owens is in control as he bullies Balor and yells at the crowd, generating great heat.
- Michael Cole acknowledges Prince Devitt and his IWGP accomplishments as the match goes on. Chinlock City is opened by Owens as the crowd cheers on Balor.
- Balor tries to mount a comeback after dodging a corner flurry from Owens, but Owens drops Balor to the outside and hurls him into the stairs. He barely makes it back into the ring just to eat a senton for two. He is sent outside again, and he reenters for more punishment. Owens teases a huge kick to Balor, but reopens Chinlock City.
- Balor escapes Chinlock City and whips Owens, who goes for a sunset flip. Balor escapes and dropkicks Owens, dropping both men. Balor then starts making a comeback as he embraces the love from his Japanese fans.
- Both men start trading strikes until Owens lands the shoulder blocks and Five Knuckle Shuffle from John Cena. Owens goes for an AA, but Balor reverses and lands a double stomp to the chest. Balor then rushes Owens from corner to corner with chops. Owens reverses and tries for another AA, but Balor escapes and teases an inverted Bloody Sunday, but Owens escapes with strikes. Balor comes back with a Pele Kick.
- Owens is sent outside, and Balor follows with a senton. Balor puts Owens back in and lays a stomp to the back of Owens' head. Balor lands the inverted Bloody Sunday for TWO!!!
- Balor goes for a Coup De Grace, but Owens moves and throws Balor into the corner and follows with a Cannonball for two. Owens then lands the Side Package Powerbomb for another two, and this match is absolutely amazing. The Japanese crowd chants "this is awesome" for the second time tonight.
- Owens trash-talks Balor and sets up for the pop-up powerbomb, but Balor catches himself and lands a Sling Blade. He goes for the Coup De Grace, but Balor gets up and catches him. Balor fights off the onslaught and lands a Coup De Grace FOR TWO!!! OH MY GOD THIS MATCH!!!
- The crowd chants for "Bloody Sunday" as Balor picks Owens up and starts working him over in the corner. Balor puts Owens on the top turnbuckle and climbs. The two duel on the turnbuckle until Owens attempts the Fisherman's Buster, but Balor fights out. Balor climbs up and OWENS HITS A SUPER ROLLING SENTON FOR A FREAKING TWO!!!
- Owens climbs the turnbuckle and goes for a Swanton, but Balor gets the knees up and A BLOODY SUNDAY JUST HAPPENED ON MY TV...AND OWENS STILL KICKS OUT AT TWO!!!
- Owens is able to get up and catch Balor with a kick followed by a sleeper suplex for a two count. Owens starts telling Balor that he can't beat him, and starts slapping him as well. Balor follows with a slap. Owens gets Balor up and goes for a pop-up powerbomb, but Balor dodges and hits a huge clothesline.
- Owens is dropkicked into the corner, and another dropkick follows. Balor hits a second Coup De Grace and OWENS IS PINNED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING FOR THE WIN!!!
Finn Balor def Kevin Owens
What a freaking match...definitely a MOTY candidate. Tatsumi Fujinami comes down to congratulate Balor on his win as Owens gets back up. Balor offers his hand as a "NXT" chant rings. Owens just blows him off.
John Cena and Dolph Ziggler vs Kane and King Barrett
- Barrett and Ziggler start this match off with a bit of technical wrestling. The two break and Ziggler starts a brief flurry of offense until Barrett starts landing strikes and tags Kane in, who quickly takes control until Cena is tagged in.
- Cena locks Kane in a headlock for a bit until Kane whips him to the ropes. Cena goes for a couple of tackles, but Kane just powers through and puts Cena down. Barrett is tagged in and starts laying down some strikes.
- After a LONG time of being dominated by Kane and Barrett, Cena is able to give a huge hot tag to Ziggler, who comes in like a bat out of hell until he eats a boot from Barrett. Kane is tagged in and he kicks Ziggler out of the ring, and we're back to square one.
- After another long time of Ziggler being dominated, Cena gets tagged, AAs both Kane and Barrett and gets the win for his team.
John Cena and Dolph Ziggler def Kane and King Barrett
Cena and Ziggler celebrate to end the show