WWE Battleground is all set to pop off tonight (Sun., July 19, 2015) from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri at 7:00 p.m. ET, live on the WWE Network. You may also be able to watch this on pay-per-view (PPV) if your cable provider is carrying the event.
CagesideSeats.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, match-by-match coverage of Battleground below, beginning with the first match of the evening and right on through to the main event.
Kick your off your shoes, relax, and enjoy all the action with your favorite pro wrestling website. And remember to keep refreshing! (Reminder: GIFs, pics, and links to illegal streams are not allowed in this thread. Offenders will be banned.)
WWE BATTLEGROUND QUICK RESULTS
Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar ends in a no contest
John Cena def. Kevin Owens
Prime Time Players def. The New Day
Bray Wyatt def Roman Reigns
Randy Orton def. Sheamus
King Barrett def R-Truth
Charlotte def Brie Bella and Sasha Banks
WWE BATTLEGROUND LIVE BLOG & MATCH COVERAGE
BaconStrips here. Let's go to battle...
- Ryback's tweets about his staph infection are shown. Needless to say that he won't be competing tonight. The Miz also mocked Ryback on Twitter as well because of course.
- Eden interviews R-Truth (who insists on being called "King What's Up"). He says that he may walk around with a tin foil crown and a toilet plunger for a scepter, but he knows what he's doing. He says that he's busted his butt for a long time to get where he is, and he can't wait to see Barrett's face after a guy with a plunger beats him.
- The New Day makes an appearance at the preshow panel and does some clap therapy before vowing to regain their tag team titles. A bunch of incomprehensible stuff follows as Renee Young tries to segue to the next segment. Byron Saxton also wipes Big E's brow for reasons.
- Tom Phillips and Paul Heyman are in the Social Media Lounge. Brock Lesnar's daily routine before a match? Eat, sleep, conquer in the ring, repeat. How many suplexes? As many as Lesnar damn well feels is appropriate. And what happens if Lesnar loses to Seth Rollins? Well, Heyman says that Lesnar will absolutely murderdeathkill Rollins and walk out with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
- The debut of Becky Lynch, Charlotte, and Sasha Banks is replayed. Renee Young says that all nine women involved in that segment (Team Bella, Team Bad, and the Powerpuff Girls) are here tonight.
R-Truth vs King Barrett (Battle for the Crown)
- The two tie up and go to the corner. The ref calls for the break and Truth prances around like a bunny. The two tie up again and go back to the corner where strikes are traded. Truth whips Barrett to the opposite corner and attempts a pin after a splash/snapmare.
- After his signature air humping chant, Truth reverses a wheelbarrow facebuster into a messy roll-up for two. Barrett heads outside, and Truth follows with a splash to the outside. Barrett reenters and takes control following a rake to the eyes.
- After a commercial, Truth breaks a knee to the spine for just long enough for Barrett to hit him with a forearm to the face. He then follows with some knees to the face while Truth is trapped in the ropes. This nets him two.
- After breaking a chinlock, Truth is whipped to the corner, but dodges a corner boot from Barrett, causing the latter to crotch himself. Truth starts to rally back with clotheslines and a missile dropkick that gets a two count.
- Truth goes for the scissors kick, but Barrett dodges and goes for Wasteland. Truth escapes and hits the spinning single leg dropkick followed by the scissors kick for two. Barrett responds with Winds of Change for two.
- The Bullhammer is set up as Truth gets back up. Truth goes for a roll-up for two and then tries to follow up with the Lie Detector. Barrett uses the rope to stave off the attempt and hits the Bullhammer for the win.
King Barrett def R-Truth
As the segment closed, I caught a sign saying "Paul Heyman and the CBS Orchestra." Whoever made that, well done!
WWE Signature and a video package for tonight's festivities.
Battleground opening and pyro and this thing is officially rolling.
Randy Orton vs Sheamus
- The two tie up and Sheamus immediately goes outside and plays with his mohawk. The "you look stupid" chant starts as the announce team addresses his new nosering.
- Sheamus reenters and starts working Orton's arm until the ref calls for a rope break. The two tie up again, and Sheamus is knocked down, causing him to head outside again. Orton follows and the two brawl outside for a few moments. Sheamus is whipped into the barricade during this scuffle.
- After a couple seconds back inside, they head back outside where Sheamus is clotheslined. They reenter and Orton gets to work on the midsection of Sheamus. Sheamus eventually gets up and the two start trading uppercuts. The rally is stopped by three Irish Curse Backbreakers
- The crowd chants "R-KO" as Orton tries to get back into it. He runs into a knee from Sheamus, and another knee is dropped from the top rope for two. A chinlock follows the pin attempt.
- Orton fights out of the chinlock and shoves Sheamus' shoulder into the ringpost, sending him outside. Sheamus makes it in at eight, and strikes are traded. This ends when Orton starts rallying back. After a few moments, the two end up outside again, and Sheamus is back suplexed onto the announce table.
- Back inside, Sheamus goes for a Brogue Kick. Orton dodges and hits a powerslam for two. Sheamus crawls to the apron as another "RKO" chant starts. Orton goes for the draping DDT, but Sheamus fights out and hangs Orton's neck on the ropes. He follows with a rolling senton and powerslam for two.
- Sheamus channels his inner Batista as he does the thumbs down taunt as he sets for the Brogue. Orton dodges and goes for a RKO, and Sheamus is able to dodge this and attempt a Texas Cloverleaf. Orton gets out of this and walks into a White Noise for two.
- More strikes are traded until Orton lands a t-bone suplex for two. He eventually gets Sheamus in the corner for some mounted punches. Orton is dropped onto the turnbuckle and Sheamus ascends the rope. Orton follows and lands a big superplex for two. He follows this up with the draping DDT and calls for the RKO, causing the crowd to go bananas.
- Sheamus reverses the RKO into a roll-up attempt for two and follows up with a Brogue Kick. Orton rolls over to the ropes to prevent a pin, so Sheamus drags him to the middle of the ring and locks in the Cloverleaf. After a pretty long tiem, Orton makes it to the ropes. Sheamus drags him up and RKO OUTTA NOWHERE FOR THE WIN!!!
Randy Orton def Sheamus
Jojo interviews Stephanie McMahon about the NXT women's revolution. Steph puts over St. Louis and its wrestling history. She says that each women's team has picked a representative for a triple threat match tonight, and she will accept nothing but the best.
The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Big E) vs The Primetime Players (WWE Tag Team Championship)
- Before the match, New Day tells us about how having a positive mindset helps everything, and they say that they can't lose tonight, and they DESERVE to win.
- The match starts and we get some chain wrestling between Kofi Kingston and Darren Young. This breaks down and Young hits a neckbreaker and Northern Lights Suplex for just a one count.
- Titus O'Neil is tagged in and is slapped a big by Kingston. O'Neil responds with a few slaps of his own, causing Kingston to leave the ring and beg for a time out.
- Big E is tagged in and the hoss fight begins with O'Neil getting the upper hand. He suplexes Young onto Big E. Big E is not impresses as he hurls Young over the top rope, hitting the cameraman on the way down.
- After a clothesline on the outside, Young is placed in New Day's corner, and the stomping begins as Xavier Woods preaches a sermon on the outside.
- Kingston and Big E work over Young well (including Big E hitting a HUGE splash on the ring apron). Young keeps trying to fight back, but Big E just keeps hossing him to the ground.
- Big E tries for either a Dominator or Canadian Backbreaker, but Young escapes and hits an enziguiri.
- O'Neil and Kingston are tagged in, and O'Neil comes in like a screaming child on sugar. Dude is seriously the best hot tag in WWE right now. After running roughshod, Woods gets a cheap shot in on O'Neil, and Kingston follows with a DDT for two.
- Young is tagged in and some insanity starts as Woods is back suplexed onto the apron. He goes back in and eats a kick from Kingston. Big E goes for the Big Ending, but Young escapes, dodges a flying Kingston, and forces Big E into the ringpost. Kingston eats a Gut Check and rolls outside. O'Neil is tagged in and lands Clash of the Titus on Big E for the win.
The Primetime Players def The New Day
Backstage, Paige rallies Becky Lynch and Charlotte to her cause. Lynch says that she wants to tear the house down and rebuild the division brick by brick. She also vows to put the men on notice. Charlotte says that they're gonna do it with Flair...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt
- I wasn't the only one who heard a few crow caws during this video package, was I?
- The two lockup a couple times, and Reigns is eventually whipped into the corner where he responds with a shoulder block. One last tie up, and Wyatt starts throwing the strikes.
- After some taunting from Wyatt, Reigns throws him into the corner and starts throwing some bombs before eventually flooring Wyatt. Wyatt rolls outside and responds with a punch to Reigns.
- Wyatt tries to establish control, but Reigns comes roaring with a huge clothesline. They head outside where Wyatt is thrown into the barricade.The physical brawling continues inside the ring until Wyatt launches himself into Reigns as a huge dueling chant rings through the arena.
- Wyatt controls for a little while until Reigns chases him into a corner with a clothesline. He goes for the flying clothesline, but Wyatt ducks. However, he doesn't avoid a huge Samoan Drop that sends him to the outside. Reigns tries to follow with the apron dropkick, but Wyatt reverses and throws him into the ring steps.
- Wyatt takes clear control as he just toys with Reigns. He mounts Reigns for the ten corner mounted punches, and reverses a reversal powerbomb from Reigns. Reigns is sent outside, and an exchange occurs on the apron until Reigns is DDT'd onto the apron by Wyatt.
- Reigns makes it back into the ring at eight as Wyatt continues the onslaught with strikes, a snap suplex, and a senton for two. A chinlock is then cinched in for a little while until powering out with a back suplex.
- Reigns starts to rally back with some big kicks and clothelines. After a couple suplexes, he goes for the apron dropkick again, but Wyatt plays possum and nails Reigns with a big clothesline. He then hits another senton on the outside. He rolls Reigns inside and gets a two count.
- Wyatt lifts Reigns onto the turnbuckle and starts delivering some strikes before setting up a superplex. Reigns powers out of the superplex and lands a big sit-out powerbomb for two.
- Reigns calls for the Superman Punch and goes for it, but Wyatt reverses into a Black Hole Slam attempt. Reigns fights out and is sent outside, where the two tussle briefly. Back inside, Reigns is hit with the Black Hole Slam for two.
- After a few moments, Wyatt goes for Sister Abigail, and Reigns reverses into a roll-up attempt. They break free and Reigns hits a Superman Punch for two. A "this is awesome" chant rightly starts.
- Reigns lines up for a spear, and Wyatt reverses into a boot. This pisses Reigns off, causing him to roar into a massive clothesline for two. Wyatt does the crab walk and attempts Sister Abigail again. Reigns powers out and hits his ten corner clotheslines before hitting a second Samoan drop.
- Wyatt rolls outside and Reigns follows. He is tossed into the barricade and then back inside as Wyatt grabs a couple chairs. Reigns exits and clocks Wyatt with a punch.
- Now Reigns throws some chairs into the ring, but gets superkicked by Luke Harper (who's cloaked in a hoodie). Wyatt forces Reigns back inside and lands Sister Abigail for the win.
Bray Wyatt def Roman Reigns
Luke Harper sheds his hoodie as Wyatt does his post-match ritual
Jojo interviews Team BAD. Naomi touches up Jojo a bit before talking about their swag or whatever. Sasha tells us to watch her...making it clear that she's competing tonight. After the interview, Tamina eyes her prey again before leaving.
Sasha Banks vs Charlotte vs Brie Bella
- The bell ring, and Charlotte woos before Brie and Sasha attack. A quick exchange ensues with Charlotte going for a roll-up on Sasha before Brie breaks it.
- Charlotte and Brie tussle for a bit until Brie is dumped outside, leaving Sasha and Charlotte to go at it. Charlotte hits a forearm from the apron before being pulled down by Brie, who reenters the ring and does a catfight manuever on Sasha to the crowd's dismay.
- Brie is forced into the corner where she's set up for Sasha's double knee spot. As Sasha goes for it, Charlotte tries to stop it. She's pulled onto Brie's midsection and set up for the knee spot. Sasha drops the knees, sending Brie outside.
- Charlotte and Sasha go at it for a couple minutes as Brie keeps trying (and failing) to interject herself. Charlotte goes for a scoop slam, and Sasha reverses into a head scissors into a head smash for two.
- Brie and Sasha square off as a "we want Becky" chant starts. Charlotte comes back with a double clothesline and cleans house for a bit with neckbreakers for everyone.
- Brie starts to rally back now to the crowd's disapproval. She hits a double bulldog on Sasha and Charlotte, and gets two counts from both of them. After this, she brings out the kicks to the chest a la Daniel Bryan.
- Sasha is stuck between Brie and Charlotte as Charlotte goes for a spear. Charlotte dodges and Brie is speared in half as Sasha and Charlotte battle for a backslide. Sasha eventually hits a straitjacket neckbreaker for two.
- After Charlotte and Sasha get up, they eat a double dropkick from Brie followed by double Brie Mode knees...until being dumped by Sasha. Outside, The Powerpuff Girls, Team BAD, and Team Bella square off until Brie is dropkicked onto everyone by Sasha. Sasha then suicide dives the Powerpuff Girls. Charlotte then vaults the ropes and downs Team BAD
- The second "this is awesome" chant starts as Charlotte gets Brie back in the ring for a superplex. As Charlotte sets up, Sasha comes in and locks in the Bank Statement until Brie throws her into the ringpost. Brie goes for the Bella Buster, but reverses it into the Figure Eight for the win.
Charlotte def Sasha Banks and Brie Bella
That was an awesome match
John Cena vs Kevin Owens (United States Championship)
- The two men briefly tie up a couple times until Cena is whipped by Owens. Cena runs into a right hand that stuns him. Owens then brings on the strikes as Cena tries to fight back...until Owens lands a dropkick. Owens keeps the offense going with an Argentine neckbreaker that gets him two.
- Owens keeps it up by just throwing Cena down and landing a senton for two. He then grinds his forearm on Cena. Cena gets up and responds with a dropkick of his own. Cena keeps a small comeback going with a spin-out facebuster for two.
- Cena keeps it up and lands the leg drop for two. He then tries for an AA which Owens reverses into a DDT for two. Owens keeps on throwing strikes until Cena starts his shoulder tackles and protobomb. Owens rolls outside as Cena taunts for the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Another right hand knocks Cena down. Owens goes for a Swanton, but Cena gets his knees up.
- Cena goes for the AA again, but Owens escapes and hits Cena's rally moves, including the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Owens goes for an AA, but Cena turns it into an electric chair facebuster followed by a STF. As Owens gets close to the ropes, Cena pulls him back, but Owens kicks out of the STF. Cena goes into the corner, goes for a boot, and is nailed with a modified backbreaker.
- Owens tries for a pop-up powerbomb. Cena stops himself on the ropes and goes for a springboard stunner. Owens reverses this into a German suplex for two. Owens then starts yelling at Michael Cole as Cena gets up. Strikes are exchanged until Cena hits the Yoshi Tonic for a two count as both men struggle to their feet.
- Cena goes for another leg drop, but Owens reverses this into a big powerbomb for a two count. Owens makes it to his feet and walks into a sudden AA for two as both men lie in the ring.
- Cena lifts Owens onto the turnbuckle for a superplex. Owens fights out and reverses into a huge fisherman's buster for a close two count. Cena holds his shoulder after the buster. Owens tries to follow with a pop-up powerbomb, but Cena reverses into a hurricurrana. He tries for another AA, but Owens hits a superkick and an AA of his own followed by a STF.
- After a while, Cena reaches the ropes as the crowd boos. Cena comes out with a tornado DDT for another close two count as Owens just gets his shoulder up. Both men get to their feet and exchange strikes until Cena hits a springboard stunner that barely grazes Owens, who rebounds with a huge clothesline.
- Owens follows this up with a huge Steenbreaker (Owensbreaker?) for two as Owens starts to get frustrated. Cena evades another pop-up powerbomb attempt and lands a second AA for another two count. Cena is even getting frustrated now as he can't put Owens away.
- Cena gets up and drops Owens with a huge clothesline. As he goes for another, Owens lands a pop-up powerbomb for two.
- Owens drags Cena to the corner and climbs the turnbuckle. Cena catches him and lands a few strikes before landing a Super AA FOR A FREAKING TWO COUNT!!!
- Cena stands shocked as he tries to figure out how to down Owens. Owens sneaks in a small package for two as Cena turns it into a STF. Owens gets close to the ropes, but Cena pulls him back to the middle where he taps out.
John Cena def Kevin Owens
The Miz comes out to the ring.
He tells St. Louis to shut up before talking about the triple threat not happening and him not becoming Intercontinental Champion. He mocks Ryback and his injury before talking about their Tough Enough days, calling him the "Big Pansy", and saying that "when the going gets tough, Ryback gets injured.
Miz then calls himself the toughest person in the Scottrade Center before saying that The Authority should crown him the IC Champion, or he'll just take it like Los Angeles will take the St. Louis Rams.
Big Show comes out now. Miz brings up ShowMiz and gets knocked out
Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
- Before the announcements are made, the prey confidently stares down The Beast.
- The bell rings and The Beast charges and delivers some huge shoulder thrusts to Rollins. He goes for a German, but Rollins elbows and escapes outside. A chase ensues and Rollins tries to take advantage to no avail. Lesnar goes for another German, but Rollins holds the ropes and starts going for the legs.
- Lesnar goes for a F5, but Rollilns escapes again and tries to take Lesnar down.
- Lesnar catches his prey, and Suplex City, BI is open for business. After five German suplexes, Rollins tries to escape, but Lesnar hurtles the barricade and catches Rollins. Rollins starts begging for his life as Lesnar throws him back inside.
- Lesnar changes up his tactics and starts laying down some strikes. He goes for another German, but Rollins reverses and lands a superkick followed by more leg kicks. He hits a few Avada Kedavras, but the don't work well.
- Rollins goes for a Pedigree, but Lesnar hosses him up into a F5 attempt. Rollins fights out and goes for Lesnar's legs again and then sends him outside. Rollins followed with a couple suicide dives. He goes for a third, but walks into suplex #7.
- We get to suplex #11 as Lesnar caws like a killer bird. He then kicks his prey for good measure. However, it keeps fighting The Beast by using a sissy slap.
- After #13, Lesnar lands a F5...but GONG!!!
- THE UNDERTAKER IS IN THE RING!!!
- Undertaker lines up for a chokeslam, but Lesnar tries for a F5. Taker escapes and low blows Lesnar. He follows this up with a chokeslam and a Tombstone.
- As Taker exits, Lesnar starts to stir, so he is Tombstoned again.
- Undertaker stands over Lesnar and walks out to end the show