Earlier today, an interview with Daniel Bryan started making the rounds claiming the WWE star revealed he would be retiring from professional wrestling. It got around enough that it got back to the man himself, who quickly took to Twitter to clear up the matter while also giving an update on his status:
I appreciate all the thank yous, but the entire interview claiming that I said my time is over is a fake. I will be back wrestling.— Daniel Bryan (@WWEDanielBryan) July 17, 2015
That's the same stance both Bryan and his wife, Brie Bella, have maintained since he relinquished the Intercontinental championship months ago, even while others have said his issues are far worse than anyone is willing to admit, with Bret Hart going so far as to say Bryan is done forever. The latest reports have claimed lingering problems stemming from a concussion are to blame but WWE has yet to confirm as much. It's possible all will be revealed on Total Divas this season and that's the reason for the company's silence.
We continue to hope Bryan will ultimately be proven right. We also continue to hope he does whatever is in the best interest of his long term health.