WWE published an interview with NXT General Manager William Regal on the company website today making note of the fact that Regal was forced to undergo neck surgery one week ago yesterday. This came about after he went in for a check up following a neck surgery in 2014, not to mention his plan to start physically helping train wrestlers at the Performance Center.
Regal himself explains the operation:
"I had a neck surgery last year and everything was very, very good, and I went in for a follow-up exam six weeks ago. Luckily, we did the exam, because they found there was more damage in the back of the neck that needed to be taken care of as soon as possible. The last surgery I had, they went in through the front of my neck; this one's in the back, so there's a lot more work involved and a lot of healing in the muscle in the back of the neck.
"It was my C3, C4, C5 and C6 [vertebrae]. I believe the operation is called a laminectomy, where they go in and completely clean out the calcium deposits from the back. Now that I've got this done, it's just a matter of healing up and I'll be good to go. Dr. Maroon, who is head of the WWE Wellness Program, performed the operation. He said I'll be good to go for another 50,000 miles, or 50 years. Hopefully, that will cover me for the rest of my time on this Earth, anyway."
The good news is he says he'll "definitely" make the NXT tour of the UK, which kicks off on Dec. 10 and finishes up on Dec. 16.