There's been a lot of talk about tag teams this week, and it's been generated by promos from recent NXT call-ups The Ascension.
Over the course of the week, Konnor & Viktor have put themselves over the likes of The Road Warriors, Demolition and The Powers of Pain. In the process, they've made Lance Storm boycott Raw, Mick Foley throw up in his mouth a little and Road Warrior Animal lobby for a booking so he can respond personally.
Yesterday, WWE.com ran a feature running down their top ten most monstrous tag teams. And guess who's on top...
10. Big Show & Kane
9. The Masters of the Powerbomb (Sid & Vader)
8. The Powers of Pain (The Warlord & The Barbarian)
7. 3 Minute Warning (Rosey & Jamal)
6. Dick the Bruiser & The Crusher
5. The Twin Towers (Akeem & The Big Bossman)
4. Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy
3. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams & Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy
2. Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Tugboat/Typhoon)
1. The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)
It's a nice tip of the cap to the Hall of Famers and those veterans who feel that even using Hawk's name is disrespectful, and it also keeps the conversation going.
What do you think, gang? Apology, smart marketing, or both?
And, hey - every wrestling fan likes a list. What do you think of WWE's? What would yours be? And where will The Ascension end up on the 2030 version of a similar ranking?