WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Sept. 5, 2014) from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- The Usos & Mark Henry & Big Show def. The Wyatt Family & Stardust & Goldust, so they're still pushing the idea of Henry and Show as a tag team while running other angles.
- Bo Dallas def. Justin Gabriel with Jack Swagger ringside taunting Bo the whole way. Despite it, he got the victory.
- Paige def. Summer Rae with the Black Widow while AJ Lee was out on commentary. Nikki Bella was noticebly absent.
- Mark Henry def. Rusev in the International Arm Wrestling competition. His pride hurt, Rusev demanded a rematch and when he was about to lose again, Lana threw powder in Henry's face allowing Rusev to get the win. That's good heeling.
- Dolph Ziggler & R-Truth def. The Miz and Damien Mizdow in a fun tag team match. No word on if Truth's alliance with Big E and Xavier Woods was mentioned.
- Chris Jericho & Roman Reigns def. Randy Orton & Seth Rollins in your typical SmackDown main event featuring a babyface victory. Jericho pinned Orton via roll up and the good guys celebrated to close the show.
That's the show. Your thoughts?