WWE Friday Night SmackDown comes waltzing back into our lives tonight (Aug. 15, 2014) from Seattle, Washington with a taped show on the SyFy channel featuring the go home show to the SummerSlam pay-per-view (PPV) this coming Sunday night in Los Angeles.
Because SmackDown is a taped show, you can simply go read the spoilers to know everything that happens (find them by clicking here). We will provide results with a live blog below anyway.
You can use this space to discuss all the events as they occur, however, and it's probably going to enhance your viewing experience. In fact, I know it is because we're a lot of fun around here.
Enjoy the show!
SMACKDOWN RESULTS AND LIVE BLOG
- Miz TV kicked off the show. The Miz said he wants to mentor young guys on their rise to the top. Then he brought out Roman Reigns. "You're my mom's favorite superstar apparently," Miz said. Roman responded with, "Tell your mom I said 'what's up'." Good line. Miz did this thing where he kept asking questions and cutting Reigns off before he could answer. Finally, Roman just punched him in the face. Big pop for that. "Hey Miz: A guy with great hair and a pretty nice smile just put you on your ass." Miz bailed and Reigns did a stand up promo. He said he respects Randy Orton for all the titles he's won, and that gives Randy every reason to respect him when he wins at SummerSlam. You could tell they did some editing. They replayed the punch to Miz a million times and Reigns really popped him one.
- Dean Ambrose was out next for a match with Cesaro. During the latter's entrance, Michael Cole announced that he would be one of the Lumberjacks in the Ambrose vs. Rollins match. They had a really good, really fun match that featured Cesaro in control for most of it before Ambrose came back to win with Dirty Deeds at the finish.
- After the match, Seth Rollins came out for a promo. He called Ambrose a bi-polar piece of trash and repeatedly told him he never really cared about Den in the first place. Ambrose, for his part, responded to this in the ring by talking to himself and appearing as though his fragile mind couldn't possibly handle the words Seth was throwing at him.
- Miz was shown walking in the back with ice on his face. He ran into Kane, who said they need to talk. Miz was upset about Reigns trying to damage the moneymaker. "From this day moving forward, Roman Reigns needs to be banned from Miz TV". He tried to walk off but Kane said he was giving him more airtime tonight in a match against Reigns.
- Titus O'Neil was out next with Heath Slater with him. They showed the angle they shot after Raw this week when Heath and Titus spilled cake on each other. Cole called them a "very unique team". Dolph Ziggler was out for a match with Titus while Heath stayed ringside and tried to coach his tag partner. SLATER GATOR. Naturally, Dolph went over anyway. He celebrated big before bailing out to leave Slater Gator in the ring to argue about the defeat.
- Mark Henry vs. Luke Harper was next. The former had Big Show with him while the latter had Erick Rowan. This was the match they had for the top of the second hour slot. Harper was having his way with Henry for a few minutes until "The World's Strongest Man" made his comeback and Rowan jumped in to make the save before the finish. That gave Henry the disqualification win.
- They went to a commercial break with The Wyatt Family backing up the ramp. When they came back, Big Show was in the ring working over Harper while Cole informed us that an impromptu tag team match was made by Kane EXCLUSIVELY on the WWE App. They got the heat on Harper so Show could get the hot tag to Henry in time to clean house on Rowan. The finish was Show knocking Harper away as he came in to make the save, then hitting Rowan with the WMD just before Henry dropped him down in the World's Strongest Slam. JBL and Cole put the big men over as a formidable tag team The Usos will have to lookout for.
- AJ Lee was out next for a match with Eva Marie. They replayed the angle from Raw. Eva opened the match by taunting the champ before bailing out of the ring. AJ went after her and got in all the offense in the match, even tearing out some of Eva's hair extensions and swinging them over her head. Crowd loved that. The finish was Paige coming out for another distraction only this time AJ knocked her down and they brawled. It went long enough that AJ was counted out. After, Paige hit the Paige Turner and AJ appeared to land on her head.
- Jack Swagger vs. Bo Dallas was next. It was a nothing match. Swagger got the Patriot Act and Bo tapped out while going for the ropes. After, Rusev and Lana came out. Lana said the winner this Sunday would have their flagged raised up high for all the see.
- After coming back from a commercial break, they showed Bo Dallas cutting a promo on the WWE App explaining that he didn't actually tap out, he was just reaching for the ropes to break the submission. Silly referee.
- Main event was next, Roman Reigns vs. The Miz. Reigns, of course, went over clean headed for SummerSlam.