WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Oct. 10, 2014) from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Stephanie McMahon started the special 15th Anniversary show to talk about, well, the history of the show. John Laurinaitis (!!!) made his return to talk about PEOPLE POWER before Teddy Long made his return to confront Laurinaitis. A one time thing, considering Long was fired earlier this year? Still, Stephanie booked a 7-on-7 tag match: Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy!
- Adam Rose came out while the opening segment was still going but his party antics led to Stephanie booking him in a match with Kane, where he promptly lost in a squash match. I believe this is his first television loss since his call up to the main roster. Just like that.
- AJ Lee def. Alicia Fox with the Black Widow before being attacked by Paige. She fought off Paige and Fox to stand tall.
- Seth Rollins def. Kofi Kingston in an aggressive match with Rollins showing more and more that he's cracking under the pressure of so much hatred for him. Or so many guys gunning for him. For what it's worth, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble were once again out with him. Later on, they did a bit where Kingston demanded a rematch, so they may do some heavy editing here.
- Rusev def. Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match, submitting to the Accolade. You can guess how Ziggler bumped for Rusev in the match. After, Lana cut a promo on The Rock saying he would pay for what he did on Raw and they challenged Big Show to a match next week.
- There was a backstage segment that aired on the Titantron with The Rock, Triple H, and Stephanie McMahon. There was some ribbing, some tension, and the tease of a future match between the two at WrestleMania. Stephanie defused the situation. The Rock was wearing the same get up he had at Raw, so this may have been taped backstage in Brooklyn.
- Team Teddy, consisting of Mark Henry, Sheamus, Los Matadores, The Usos, and Jack Swagger, def. Team Johnny, consisting of Slater Gator, Goldust, Stardust, Bo Dallas, Cesaro, and Damien Mizdow. Lot of fun spots, including Cesaro bringing back the Giant Swing. Final pin went to The Usos over Mizdow.
- The main event segment was Miz TV with John Cena and Dean Ambrose. Before bringing out either guy, Miz said the match between Cena and Ambrose at Hell in a Cell will be a "No Holds Barred Contract on a Pole" match. Yep. Once Ambrose and Cena came out, Miz ended up being the punching bag of the segement but before it was all said and done, Cena hit Ambrose with the Attitude Adjustment as payback for the double arm DDT on Raw.
That was the show, folks. Your thoughts?