With WWE going on tour overseas next week, the company spent this week taping episodes of Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown. The final stop came last night (July 25, 2013) in Houston, Texas, with the blue brand taping the show that will air on Aug. 2 on the SyFy channels.
Spoilers come by way of PWTorch.com:
- Alberto Del Rio promo opens the show saying Vickie Guerrero would be allowing him to pick his opponent for SummerSlam just like John Cena. So he revealed ... RICARDO RODRIGUEZ! This was for kicks, of course, and Rodriguez wasn't actually in the building. Guerrero announced that there would be a triple threat later on in the evening: Christian vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Randy Orton with the winner becoming number one contender to the heavyweight title.
- Cody Rhodes def. Jack Swagger in a nothing match. After, Rhodes does an interview with Josh Matthews that apparently goes over like a lead balloon.
- Big E. Langston def. Sin Cara because of course Big E. Langston would defeat Sin Cara.
- CM Punk def. Fandango in what was described as a fine match that went 12 minutes long. Punk won via submission.
- Pre-tape backstage with Christian, RVD, and Orton arguing. Orton being involved in the world title chase was explained by having him say he's not satisfied with just having the WWE title briefcase.
- AJ Lee def. Kaitlyn with the Black Widow thanks to help from Layla, who turned heel during the match and skipped away with AJ when it was over. This could be interesting.
- Christian def. Randy Orton and RVD to become the number one contender to the world title at SummerSlam. Orton hit an RKO on RVD but Christian rushed in to get a quick backslide pin on Orton right after. All three acted like proper babyfaces afterwards.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Thoughts?